2007.10.06 Mountain View 'Download Festival' (USA)

Started by monghi, May 29, 2007, 18:36:41

Previous topic - Next topic

cure_kid

que envidia estar alla .. ojala --.. vallan a sudamerika .. ahi los estaremos esperando ..saludos kure

crowbi_wan

Tof

With all this activity we forget that in 1 week there is a cure show in the US !!!

:-D
Tof

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Tof on September 28, 2007, 18:05:26
With all this activity we forget that in 1 week there is a cure show in the US !!!

:-D

No kidding.  It's next weekend!  I wonder if they will play some new songs?  Robert said they would in Mexico, though I don't recall reading anything about the Shoreline concert.  Certainly they've rehearsed enough to make the debut of a song or two and not just throw the same old singles at us once again.   

crowbi_wan

Come on guys, there's a Cure gig this weekend and no one seems interested.  Everyone appears to busy chatting about...well...what are you chatting about?  :? 

nausearockpig

three days to go.. and who's going?? lucky fkers...

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on October 03, 2007, 08:37:56
Come on guys, there's a Cure gig this weekend and no one seems interested.  Everyone appears to busy chatting about...well...what are you chatting about?  :? 

i guess the color of robert's socks is so damn important that some minor facts like upcoming gigs just don't make to the top of the list of interests anymore.
:(
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: nausearockpig on October 03, 2007, 08:45:00
three days to go.. and who's going?? lucky fkers...

Oh, I think you were luckier than any fan attending this show.  How long was the Brisbane gig, 3 hours?  The Cure are scheduled only two hours on Saturday  :(  Maybe some young band will show a little respect to their elders and bow out early, thus allowing The Cure to put on a proper gig  :rocker  My vote is for AFI to cancel  :lol:

nausearockpig

yeah Brissy was a pretty good show... i was in heaven for it all.

nausearockpig

back to my othe note, is anyone from curefans.com going and taping the show?

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on October 03, 2007, 09:04:22
Maybe some young band will show a little respect to their elders and bow out early, thus allowing The Cure to put on a proper gig  :rocker  My vote is for AFI to cancel  :lol:

hey let's hope so. AFI sucks heh.
although i'm afraid it might just as well be that every crappy band there wants to keep their slot in the bill just so that they can boost up their sorry little egos and be able to say "we were on the same bill with the cure!" and write that down on their resume or something.

anyway, 2 hours doesn't have to be necessarily bad. it depends what they choose to play. if they do similar stuff as in japan, then it's bound to a disappointment, more or less. but just thinking of gigs like carhaix 2002 - not the longest set but still, what a killer setlist!
i wish i'd seen that gig, actually.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Plainsong

I'll be there this weekend but unfortunately I'm not a taper.

rodney

Aside from AFI, this is a very strong line-up.  BRMC and (especially) Metric are amazing bands and are great live.  None of them are crappy, and I don't know that any of them need to note that they played with The Cure once in order to have a successful career, as they've already proven themselves as solid acts.

j

Quote from: rodney on October 03, 2007, 16:13:27
Aside from AFI, this is a very strong line-up.  BRMC and (especially) Metric are amazing bands and are great live.  None of them are crappy, and I don't know that any of them need to note that they played with The Cure once in order to have a successful career, as they've already proven themselves as solid acts.

Don't forget She Wants Revenge.  The infamous SZ will be at the festival, taping as always

scatcat

:smth011
ow I wish I could see them again, the 3hours they played in Melbourne was not enough.... If I was well enuff to travel for dates in 2008, I'd try and go  hey?? :rocker
:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life