2011.09.10 Newport - Robin Hill Countryside Adventure Park 'Bestival 2011' (England)

Started by monghi, December 01, 2010, 11:08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to this show?

You may only select up to 2 options.

ofthedeepgreensea

"it's just the way i smile," you said..

carycameron

Quote from: dsanchez on September 11, 2011, 01:07:41
The show is over. The setlist was average and very "pop". The encores were practically the same as during the 4Tour (with the great exception of "The Caterpillar").

The same 'pop' encores but now with keyboards.   That's a big plus I think.    Would love to have heard The Caterpillar..
I wonder did the two newer songs The Only One and Hungry Ghost sound a little different with keys?

dsanchez

Roger about yesterday's performance: "I never lied but was less generous with the truth than normal! Thanks for all the messages! I'm very happy to be back! Good things coming!"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: carycameron on September 11, 2011, 07:46:23
  Would love to have heard The Caterpillar..

Me too.  :)
Btw I didn't appreciate the rest of the setlist so much, especially the encores... :roll:
I'm still waiting for these "good things", as Roger said!! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on September 11, 2011, 01:07:41
The setlist was average and very "pop". The encores were practically the same as during the 4Tour (with the great exception of "The Caterpillar").

Yeah, but I like the fact they did "The Hungry Ghost", one of my faves from "4:13 Dream"! (And similar in topic to "Never Enough" and "Want".) In fact I didn't like the song much at first listen, but it grew on me. Looking forward to maybe hearing a live version via youtube. (Btw, did they ever play the song during the 4Tour??)
Hope to read some reviews from fans who were attending, maybe tomorrow (or today).  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Roger update on his Facebook (he's definitely different than Bob about this :P)

"Well that was horrible, I hate keeping secrets but it was fun and exciting to go on stage knowing that nobody knew I was coming! I am, in case anyone missed it back in The Cure! We played Bestival last night and there are some exciting things coming this year"

More on his website: http://ymlp.com/zjpmEh
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on September 11, 2011, 13:45:15
Btw, did they ever play the song during the 4Tour??)

No, they never played "Hungry Ghost" during the 4Tour if remember correctly, at least, not during the European leg of the tour.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

u-a-b-f

Quote from: dsanchez on September 11, 2011, 14:37:41
Quote from: Ulrich on September 11, 2011, 13:45:15
Btw, did they ever play the song during the 4Tour??)

No, they never played "Hungry Ghost" during the 4Tour if remember correctly, at least, not during the European leg of the tour.

They never played it during 4Tour. Just started playing it after that tour for the first time in Roma October 2008

dsanchez

Quote from: u-a-b-f on September 11, 2011, 17:47:24
Quote from: dsanchez on September 11, 2011, 14:37:41
They never played it during 4Tour. Just started playing it after that tour for the first time in Roma October 2008

Thanks for confirming this :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: ofthedeepgreensea on September 11, 2011, 02:48:35
from what i've read, push was still very drum machine driven

Just watching "Push" and yes, unfortunately they still use this weird sequences at the beginning :smth018
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

So what do you guys think about Roger doing with keyboards the main part (I mean, the guitars) of Friday I'm In Love?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Hey all of you ... I'm still driving home now from Amsterdam ... Totally exhausted , wearing my contacts about 40 hours now, can't bearly see ...

I have a long story to tell , shall send it later.
Glad that I was there, my husband took a lot of pictures and video's in HD, just wait and see. Need a nap ... ;)
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Mad Bob RJS

I think about Bestival that the band picked a regular setlist, more oriented to please casual fans.

We knew the things were going to be like this.

For a reason, we CURE fans are always complaining about every single step they make.

Some wants keys,some likes guitar heavy sound, all depends of your own taste.

But maybe we´re forgetting that we´re fans because we like the music and when we judge all the band´s acts, we stop to enjoying and this is not good for me.

Yesterday The CURE played a very good show.

They sounded right and maybe we can start to dream with a new album and tour soon.

So, i encourage to all fans that try to enjoy that the band still exists and remember the personal reasons that made us get stuck with them for ever.
...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Visit me @ http://madbobrjscure.blogspot.com/

Lady

Quote from: Mad Bob RJS on September 11, 2011, 23:06:52
But maybe we´re forgetting that we´re fans because we like the music and when we judge all the band´s acts, we stop to enjoying and this is not good for me.
Being a fan doesn't mean that we must appreciate every single thing they do.
When someone tells his own opinion, he doesn't judge, he's just expressing himself, his ideas, his taste, discussing with other people....I think that a fans forum would have no reason to exist without this. ;)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

carycameron

Quote from: dsanchez on September 11, 2011, 20:05:51
So what do you guys think about Roger doing with keyboards the main part (I mean, the guitars) of Friday I'm In Love?

Sounded just fine to me.   I like how Robert was looking over at Roger with an amused look on his face during that part.