2009.02.25 London - Brixton Academy 'The Shockwaves NME Awards' (England)

Started by dsanchez, November 04, 2008, 11:19:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Endlessly

It's a 90minute set, which isn't all bad.
I'm just not looking forward to the amount of smelly people that always happen to be slopping over you at huge gigs :(
"Tell me you love me. And beg me to stay, Tell me you love me before it's too late"

japanesebaby

Quote from: Endlessly on February 16, 2009, 12:00:04
It's a 90minute set, which isn't all bad.
I'm just not looking forward to the amount of smelly people that always happen to be slopping over you at huge gigs :(

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5629.msg59519.html#msg59519

:-D
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Cure

Quote from: dsanchez on February 10, 2009, 22:32:11
From thecure.com

GET TICKETS TO THE SHOCKWAVES NME AWARDS 2009 CEREMONY AND SEE THE CURE PICK UP THE GODLIKE GENIUS AWARD PLUS PLAY LIVE ON THE NIGHT

Posted by IGA on 2/10/2009 | Comments (1)

The Cure are set to play a very special live set at the Shockwaves NME Awards at the London Brixton Academy on February 25, to commemorate receiving the Godlike Genius Award.
Glasvegas, Franz Ferdinand and Friendly Fires will also be playing short sets at the event before The Cure, with more bands still to be announced.

There are a limited number of £10 tickets for the ceremony on sale from 11am (UK time) on Wed 11th February especially for Cure fans from this link here.

If you miss out, don't worry - we have an exclusive, guaranteed pair of tickets up for grabs as well for 1 lucky winner to take a friend. Click here to enter now.

guess the competition is over now, huh ??
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Endlessly

"Tell me you love me. And beg me to stay, Tell me you love me before it's too late"

dsanchez

The Cure proclaimed Godlike Geniuses by Tim Burton
Robert Smith's band received the award from Hollywood director Tim Burton and NME Editor Conor McNicholas at the ceremony, taking place at the O2 Academy Brixton.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-cure/43044

-does anyone has a video of the precise moment of the crowning?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

wish-man

For those who dont know, the into song that has been used in this video (I mean before interview w/ Robert) HERE, has been performed by The Joy Formidable - Austere  :smth023

...sorry, just like this song very much after I saw the interview! :D

if u like this song aswell, dont be shy - PM me!  :smth023
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

Plainsong

The Cure's set this night was SO fun! Poppy and single-focused, yes, but who cared? The whole balcony went CRAZY dancing the minute they took the stage. Wonderful!

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo