2009.02.26 London - O2 Arena 'The Shockwaves NME Awards Big Gig' (England)

Started by dsanchez, November 04, 2008, 11:36:36

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on March 16, 2009, 19:30:29
I don't think the best band of the planet (and that's The Cure) needs to stole anything to anyone... and I honestly think the background with the flying stars have been seen so many times in any context that to say that it "belongs" to someone is not accurate, in my opinion.

that's what i mean: it's not original. (so if they indeed are) the best band, then they could/should have come up with something more original than something that has been seen so many times (like you said too)... i didn't mean they stole it from Muse specifically - the example was meant to demonstrate that they took something that has indeed been used a million times. your examples only enhance this fact.
(and at least Muse added the green laser show to their "version"... ;)).

just look at all their other screens/video projections in their live shows:
the others are genuinely original. just like they should be. i really like many of them. so why didn't they invent something slightly more original for 'underneath the stars' too?
(it's not criticism against the song/performance by the way.)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 16, 2009, 19:44:28
i didn't mean they stole it from Muse specifically - the example was meant to demonstrate that they took something that has indeed been used a million times. your examples only enhance this fact.

your first comment made me thought about you thinking they "stoled" the idea from Muse directly, but I see your point. I guess we will have to wait for the "real" 4:13 Dream Tour to see if they keep this video or change it for another...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on March 16, 2009, 19:48:05
Quote from: japanesebaby on March 16, 2009, 19:44:28
i didn't mean they stole it from Muse specifically - the example was meant to demonstrate that they took something that has indeed been used a million times. your examples only enhance this fact.

your first comment made me thought about you thinking they "stoled" the idea from Muse directly, but I see your point. I guess we will have to wait for the "real" 4:13 Dream Tour to see if they keep this video or change it for another...

now that i read my original post again, maybe i meant that too: i mean, for me personally they've stolen it from that song i mnetioned. that's just the way i associate that star effect. but when put into a larger context, it seems like everyone's stolen it from someplace else - which makes it a bit uninspiring. 
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: curedtc on March 16, 2009, 08:17:35
Hehe, glad my links getting around, was just gonna post
http://www.youtube.com/user/CureNME

"Underneath the stars". What a song my God. What a beginning. What a powerful perfomance. What a sound. What a melodies. Makes my skin like if I feel cold, this song is the best from The Cure since the Wish era. All the sadness, all the beutiness, all the perfection.

T h i s - i s - p e r f e c t i o n
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKxmNtaPyns
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Plainsong

Thanks for putting up the videos on Youtube! I had fun watching them and I'm, er, IN a lot of them. Yikes!

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on March 16, 2009, 19:56:04
"Underneath the stars". What a song my God. What a beginning. What a powerful perfomance. What a sound. What a melodies. Makes my skin like if I feel cold, this song is the best from The Cure since the Wish era. All the sadness, all the beutiness, all the perfection.

T h i s i s , p e r f e c t i o n
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKxmNtaPyns

Yes, you're right! I saw it yesterday and wow what a feeling, better than plainsong and it's just on youtube and I feld MAGIC. I want to hear this live soon!This is indeed PERFECTION.
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

sandgrounder

This was the day after my 40th birthday and the only concert I've ever travelled to on a boat!