2009.04.19 Indio - Empire Polo Fields (USA) 'Coachella Festival'

Started by takaros72, January 30, 2009, 14:40:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Trust...

Plug has been pulled, Robert refuses to stop playing!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Trust...

It's over  :(

Setlist:

Setlist: Underneath The Stars, Prayers For Rain, A Strange Day, alt.end, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures of You, Lullaby, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Perfect Boy, Wrong Number, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, The Hungry Ghost, Disintegration, One Hundred Years, It's Over

1st encore: If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, The Kiss
2nd encore: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest
3rd encore: Three Imaginary Boys, Fire In Cairo, Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt

Lady

Quote from: Trust... on April 20, 2009, 09:50:38

Setlist:

Setlist: Underneath The Stars, Prayers For Rain, A Strange Day, alt.end, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures of You, Lullaby, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Perfect Boy, Wrong Number, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, The Hungry Ghost, Disintegration, One Hundred Years, It's Over

3rd encore: Three Imaginary Boys, Fire In Cairo, Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt

Thanks Trust! :smth023

Wow, amazing! Hope to see some pics/videos soon!!! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Reactions after the show

(from coachella.com)

"They should have atleast left his mic on so he could have thanked the crowd but Im sure he would have just went accapella lol"

"Epic performance by The Cure, period"

"Seriously, he was mouthing the words to Grinding Halt so if his mic was live that totally would have happened! Even though it sucks the power got cut, I think it would be really invigorating and special to be in that crowd tonight"

"that was epic. this perfomance should come out on dvd"

"One of the most awesome Coachella moments ever. When the flood lights came on, it was "cool. They're still playing." When they cut out the sound and everyone from the back ran up singing "Boys Don'T Cry" and clapping....just great."

" I got goosepimples when almost everyone that was leaving ran up to the stage with the lights on and the amps off, and started singing "someone else's train" along with Robert. Pure awesomeness"

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: Lady on April 20, 2009, 10:40:17
Quote from: Trust... on April 20, 2009, 09:50:38

Setlist:

Thanks Trust! :smth023

Wow, amazing! Hope to see some pics/videos soon!!! :-D

Your welcome  :D Amazing show !!!!!!! I hope they will give some more this year  ;)

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on April 20, 2009, 11:22:28
Reactions after the show

(from coachella.com)

"They should have atleast left his mic on so he could have thanked the crowd but Im sure he would have just went accapella lol"

"Epic performance by The Cure, period"

"Seriously, he was mouthing the words to Grinding Halt so if his mic was live that totally would have happened! Even though it sucks the power got cut, I think it would be really invigorating and special to be in that crowd tonight"

"that was epic. this perfomance should come out on dvd"

"One of the most awesome Coachella moments ever. When the flood lights came on, it was "cool. They're still playing." When they cut out the sound and everyone from the back ran up singing "Boys Don'T Cry" and clapping....just great."

" I got goosepimples when almost everyone that was leaving ran up to the stage with the lights on and the amps off, and started singing "someone else's train" along with Robert. Pure awesomeness"

Thanks David  :smth023

Strange Attraction

Can I use some of your lipstick?

jbud1980

THE BEST CURE SHOW I HAVE EVER BEEN TO :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

setlist aside, robert and the gang have never sounded so good. robert's energy was so high, and his voice was SO STRONG. i have never seen the boys like this.

i was about 50 feet from the stage, leaning against the first barrier, yet my camera was giving me problems. i imagine it fried in the 100 degree weather, but i will try and post as many pics as possible, no matter the quality. i am sure there will be plenty of pics anyway.

every song was epic! i have never heard shake dog shake the way i did last night. it was hard, it was audible, it was crisp, it was scary!!!

fire in cairo was a nice surprise because i had never heard that before.

the day was awesome, but it was especially cool to hear tahitian moon by perry farrell, lol. also, the yeah yeah yeah's were pretty good. my bloody valentine sucked and almost ruined the vibe for the cure.

ok, i got in at 3:30 this morning and have to be at work in a hour. i will post more later on.

u guys missed one hell of a show :!: :!: :!:

Strange Attraction

I watch all of the web cast ! It was a GREAT show!  :!:
I also recorded it. ;)
I wish that I had been there!
Can I use some of your lipstick?

Trust...

Quote from: Strange Attraction on April 20, 2009, 18:52:35
I watch all of the web cast ! It was a GREAT show!  :!:
I also recorded it. ;)
I wish that I had been there!

Oh you had more luck than me  :( There was an error on the web cast. I had to do it with song by song  :D

fiction

Quote from: jbud1980 on April 20, 2009, 18:20:30

I´m so glad for You jbud. It feels a little strange that we actually spoke (digitally) just a few hours before You attended the venue.  :smth023
again and again and again and again and again and...

dsanchez

Quote from: jbud1980 on April 20, 2009, 18:20:30

This show will remain as one of the highlights in The Cure's career. It also shows how much Robert really cares about his fans.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rodney

seriously, who'd have thought that Coachella would be the show of the two to attend?