2009.04.19 Indio - Empire Polo Fields (USA) 'Coachella Festival'

Started by takaros72, January 30, 2009, 14:40:33

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysprayingforRAIN

it's amazing how they could go from vegas to this!! i can only imagine the talk robert had with simon... or maybe he was just in a better mood :) i've only seen some videos in bad quality but you can still feel the energy going on there. I'm so happy for everybody that saw them and it's great that they still care for the fans after 30 years :smth023
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

minisuperjennifer

Quote from: Strange Attraction on April 20, 2009, 18:52:35
I watch all of the web cast ! It was a GREAT show!  :!:
I also recorded it. ;)
I wish that I had been there!

I watched it on webcast too from Montana. Amazing. I saw the Cure perform Underneath the Stars 3 times in the past year and never heard it like that!

It was like a party night for me. I was even late to work today!

HOW did you RECORD it???????? Please tell me!

Hero

WOW! I wish i could have been there, what a legendery show!
Although its a bit stupid that Paul Mccartney played longer and they didn't pull the plug on him. So he was in the Beatles but its not The Beatles.
Anyway that ending was so punk! :smth035 AMAZING!

Long live The Cure!!! :rocker

Plainsong

Legendary is the word!! That last encore was just epic. When the crowd kept singing along I had CHILLS and that wasn't easy after such a hot day.
I was there all day long against the rail in so I could be right in front of Robert by the time the Cure came on and even though I thought I might die from the heat it was all so worth it in the end. What a NIGHT!!!

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on April 20, 2009, 09:43:35
Plug has been pulled

The reason:

"Once the clock strikes 12:01 a.m., the charge is $1,000 per minute, said Indio police spokesman Ben Guitron. He estimated that McCartney went "50-plus" minutes after the music curfew"

"Sunday night headliners the Cure didn't get the same extended treatment as McCartney. Sound on the band's set was eventually cut off, even as the act continued to play. Ultimately, the Cure went 33 minutes past curfew, Guitron said."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/04/coachella-paul-mccartney-the-cure-ignore-curfews-the-cost-.html

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Thanks dsanchez  ;)

It's ridiculous !!! And this in the USA  :shock:
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Cure

[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Poe

Quote from: dsanchez on April 21, 2009, 11:02:37
"Once the clock strikes 12:01 a.m., the charge is $1,000 per minute"

Buh? :shock: McCartney got the Beatles treatment alright. Anyhow, thank you for the videos. Seems like The Cure had a marvelous show! And I wasn't there! I was a bit worried earlier when I heard the band seemed to be in a bad mood or something after Vegas, but it was probably nothing. I didn't look into it.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

minisuperjennifer

Quote from: Poe on April 21, 2009, 13:23:44
Quote from: dsanchez on April 21, 2009, 11:02:37
"Once the clock strikes 12:01 a.m., the charge is $1,000 per minute"

Buh? :shock: McCartney got the Beatles treatment alright. Anyhow, thank you for the videos. Seems like The Cure had a marvelous show! And I wasn't there! I was a bit worried earlier when I heard the band seemed to be in a bad mood or something after Vegas, but it was probably nothing. I didn't look into it.

Could someone please point me to the videos of the show?

cheers!

japanesebaby

Quote from: Cure on April 21, 2009, 11:53:42
was it recorded officially ???

i suppose they talk about the webcast. but only parts of the show were webcast, right? i don't know as i wasn't around to follow it.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Strange Attraction

Can I use some of your lipstick?

AndyTheCureFan

http://fascistbullyboy.tumblr.com/ has an mp3 of the whole show.

The taper uploaded it as mp3

Credit goes to a Morris Coffey

and thanks to Aaron for finding the site.

ghanisbuli

Thanks so much for posting this site!  I can't wait until I have time to listen to it all.  I watched most of it on the webcast, but it cut in and out anyway...  And now I can keep it!
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

AndyTheCureFan

Quote from: ghanisbuli on April 22, 2009, 06:41:29
Thanks so much for posting this site!  I can't wait until I have time to listen to it all.  I watched most of it on the webcast, but it cut in and out anyway...  And now I can keep it!
I am splitting his one mp3 file into separate tracks. if you want to wait a little longer i suggest downloading that.

-edit-

the tracks have been split up and are available for download at http://www.sendspace.com/file/bd8i7o, taper taped in mp3 and so are these files. unfortunately by splitting an mp3 into various mp3s it is a re-encode.

japanesebaby

Quote from: AndyTheCureFan on April 22, 2009, 06:57:57
Quote from: ghanisbuli on April 22, 2009, 06:41:29
I am splitting his one mp3 file into separate tracks. if you want to wait a little longer i suggest downloading that.

-edit-

the tracks have been split up and are available for download at http://www.sendspace.com/file/bd8i7o, taper taped in mp3 and so are these files.

thanks for the links.

just curious, do you have something with which to split an mp3 track (i've never really found much software with which to do this), or did you go via mp3 > wav (split) > mp3?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine