2009.04.19 Indio - Empire Polo Fields (USA) 'Coachella Festival'

Started by takaros72, January 30, 2009, 14:40:33

Previous topic - Next topic

minisuperjennifer

thanks for the info. I was confused because when I looked for tickets at ticket master the results showed tickets with seats and rows assigned to them.

dsanchez

"Robert Smith of The Cure shares his thoughts on the significance of headlinging Coachella Music and Arts Festival in 2009"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md3k7XenHnU
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

jbud1980

thank you for that link, it really brightened up my day! he seems excited and honored, which should make for a good show!  :D

punx_chix

thanks for the link dsanchez.

I'm about 98% sure I'm going. just a few more things to work out... ughh
...and i run around hysterical
in dead persistent gloom...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on February 18, 2009, 14:38:36
"Robert Smith of The Cure shares his thoughts on the significance of headlinging Coachella Music and Arts Festival in 2009"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md3k7XenHnU

That's from 2004  ;)

dsanchez

Quote from: crowbi_wan on February 18, 2009, 20:04:41
That's from 2004  ;)

then the agency who put the video is lying?

"Robert Smith of The Cure shares his thoughts on the significance of headlinging Coachella Music and Arts Festival in 2009" ??
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on February 19, 2009, 14:10:29
Quote from: crowbi_wan on February 18, 2009, 20:04:41
That's from 2004  ;)

then the agency who put the video is lying?

"Robert Smith of The Cure shares his thoughts on the significance of headlinging Coachella Music and Arts Festival in 2009" ??

Yes, it's an old interview (from Coachella 2004).  Also, notice at the beginning it says Bonnaroo  :lol: 

jbud1980

hi there, i have sort of a lame idea for a game to play with the upcoming coachella and vegas shows.

cure fans try and come up with the set list for each show, or just one, and the member who is closest to the actual set wins i dunno, 10 karma points or an upgraded cure fan status? of course, this all depends if the moderators agree to these terms. maybe 10 karma points for the member closest to the actual setlist, and an upgraded status for the member who guesses/comes the closest the correct order of songs?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: jbud1980 on March 21, 2009, 22:20:14
hi there, i have sort of a lame idea for a game to play with the upcoming coachella and vegas shows.

cure fans try and come up with the set list for each show, or just one, and the member who is closest to the actual set wins i dunno, 10 karma points or an upgraded cure fan status? of course, this all depends if the moderators agree to these terms. maybe 10 karma points for the member closest to the actual setlist, and an upgraded status for the member who guesses/comes the closest the correct order of songs?

Hey, that sounds like a good idea.  The staff will talk this over  :smth023

rodney

That would be a lot of fun.  I'd be up for something like that.

In fact, I already worked up setlists that I expect to see if anyone would be interested.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: rodney on March 23, 2009, 17:15:02

In fact, I already worked up setlists that I expect to see if anyone would be interested.

The staff is currently cooking up a contest.  Save that setlist, Rodney.  You might have the winning formula and wouldn't want people to copy it.  ;)

jbud1980

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 24, 2009, 04:31:30
Quote from: rodney on March 23, 2009, 17:15:02

The staff is currently cooking up a contest.  Save that setlist, Rodney.  You might have the winning formula and wouldn't want people to copy it.  ;)

it is so awesome to see an idea come to fruition! thanks.  :-D

Druide

Underneath The Stars, Prayers For Rain, A Strange Day, alt.end, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures of You, Lullaby, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Perfect Boy, Wrong Number, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, The Hungry Ghost, Disintegration, One Hundred Years, It's Over

1st encore: If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, The Kiss.
2nd encore: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest

Again and again and again.... :(
...Dancing in my pocket...

Trust...

Quote from: Druide on April 20, 2009, 09:28:53
Underneath The Stars, Prayers For Rain, A Strange Day, alt.end, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures of You, Lullaby, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Perfect Boy, Wrong Number, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, The Hungry Ghost, Disintegration, One Hundred Years, It's Over

1st encore: If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, The Kiss.
2nd encore: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest

Again and again and again.... :(

And it's still going on ... Encore 3: Three Imaginary Boys, Fire in Cairo, Boy's don't Cry ...

And who knows what next ... ?
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Jumping Someone Else's Train  WIW amazing it's going on  :D

I wish I was there  :cry:
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x