Started by Tof, August 06, 2005, 17:02:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Tof

COF
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ChainofFlowers/news.htm
:lol:    :D
Exclusive: New Cure album set for April '06 release
6 Aug 2005

Robert Smith has revealed initial details for the band's 15th studio set.

The Cure will release their 15th studio album, the follow up to 2004's critically acclaimed self-titled release, during April 2006, soundgenerator can reveal.

Speaking this evening before a packed press tent at the 11th annual Benicassim Festival, Spain, the seminal rock vocalist revealed the band plan to begin recording this winter.

"We're recording October, November & December," he revealed to press, "and the new album will be released on my birthday." Smith's Birthday falls on April 21, which lines up a spring release date for the new set. No further details were mentioned at time of press.

2004's 'The Cure' continued the remarkable return to form found on 2000's 'Bloodflowers'. For a band many had thought were lapsing into mediocrity, the set was hailed as the band's best since 1989's 'Disintegration'.

Smith added he plans to work with core Suzie and The Banshees songwriter, and previous Cure producer, Steve Severin later this year.
Tof

Beesley Wytchboy

Oh shit i just posted this in Cure news........Damn i should've done a search!

Sorry guys!

Anyway if \porls on it it should be a corker!

Luke x  :P
You're Walking a thin line between here and out of control

lostflower4

Quote from: Beesley Wytchboy
Anyway if \porls on it it should be a corker!

Luke x  :P

What really makes me wonder is that they say they've already been recording some demos. This was after the time they announced Porl rejoining the group, so I think that gives us some hope that he will stay on for a bit.

Anyway, I just hope they stick to the plan of that release date. They are infamous for delaying things. This would break their record started in '92 of releasing an album every 4 years. The year I became a fan... How convenient! :?

I'm too young to ever have experienced this, but it must have been amazing to hear a new Cure release every year from 1979-1987.   :shock:

heixiao

Yes! Thats a good new!! I really hope it will not be produced by Ross Robinson this time...  :roll:  :roll:
Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

Beesley Wytchboy

Quote from: heixiaoYes! Thats a good new!! I really hope it will not be produced by Ross Robinson this time...  :roll:  :roll:

I really rather liked the production style on the last record........made a nice change and at least there wasn't a dreadful pop shine style that marred some trackes on WMS........
Lostflowers4, I guess a long break between albums gives you the time (and chance to amass funds!) to explore the band's back catalougue.

Luke x :P

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Beesley Wytchboy

Bob, I love you but next time there's a camera lay off the sherry dear! :D  :evil:  :twisted:  

Luke  :P