The Cure announce USA tour for 2016

Started by Ulrich, October 06, 2015, 13:58:33

Previous topic - Next topic

cheyler

Unbelievable, fantastic, looking forward to it, whatever happens!!

Ulrich

Looks like the U.S. have really been waiting for Cure shows!

QuoteDUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND FOR TICKETS A SECOND (AND FINAL CHICAGO) CURE SHOW HAS BEEN ADDED AT UIC PAVILION SATURDAY 11TH JUNE
http://www.thecure.com/news/3213/second_chicago_cure_show_added_saturday_11th_june

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

cheyler

Quote from: Ulrich on October 14, 2015, 09:14:18
Looks like the U.S. have really been waiting for Cure shows!

QuoteDUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND FOR TICKETS A SECOND (AND FINAL CHICAGO) CURE SHOW HAS BEEN ADDED AT UIC PAVILION SATURDAY 11TH JUNE
http://www.thecure.com/news/3213/second_chicago_cure_show_added_saturday_11th_june

They (we) have!  Selling out New York and Los Angeles (and maybe even Chicago) is impressive, and I'd really like to see some numbers come in from the vast wasteland inbetween.  Looking forward to January.

cheyler

Quote from: revolt_again on October 07, 2015, 14:03:58
It's good to finally have official news from the band after so many months... However, not as great news as one would expect, because I think this is going to be a greatest hits (sort of) tour. And why?

It's not probable it's going to be the promised Trilogy tour, since this has too many dates (25). It's also not probable this is going to be a tour to promote a new album, since the band members have been too busy with their own personal projects to be able to compose / record a new album. Also, if this was an album tour it would be a world one, not just North America, right?

I'm betting North America is the first leg.  It is unlikely going on impossible to expect this to be a 'Trilogy' tour, you're right there.  I'm still betting on a new album, they have had the better part of 2014-2015 to get it done.

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on October 21, 2015, 05:17:21
I'm still betting on a new album, they have had the better part of 2014-2015 to get it done.

It would make sense. With a US tour lined up and rumors of a European tour... it would sound like a good idea to keep it (relatively) quiet for 2015, then come back in 2016 with a new album & tour  :!:

Ikissedyoursmile

I hope they plan a Buffalo show or Rochester or I wont be going

Ulrich

Here it is, official announcement for most of the US shows:

QuoteThe Cure will be playing 27 shows in 22 North America cities next Spring, their first major tour of the continent since 2008.

During the past 7 years the band has performed a number of 'Reflections' shows in LA and NYC, and headlined most of the major festivals, including Coachella, Lollapalooza, Bottlerock, Osheaga, two Austin City Limits, three Riots and a Voodoo...

"THE CURE TOUR 2016" will present Robert Smith (voice/guitar), Simon Gallup (bass), Jason Cooper (drums), Roger O'Donnell (keys) and Reeves Gabrels (guitar) as they explore 37 years of Cure songs, mixing hits, rarities, favourites and as yet unreleased tracks in a brand new stage production that promises to be the 'must see' show of the year!

Support on all dates will be The Twilight Sad.

MAY

11th
New Orleans, LA
On-sale and show info announced soon

13th
Austin, TX
Frank Erwin Center
On Sale: 11/13

14th
Houston, TX

15th
Dallas, TX

17th
El Paso, TX
Don Haskins Center

19th
Las Vegas, NV
The Chelsea Theater at The Cosmopolitan

20th
Chula Vista, CA
Sleep Train Amphitheater

22nd/23rd/24th - sold out
Los Angeles
The Hollywood Bowl

26th
Mountain View, CA
Shoreline Amphitheatre

31st
Vancouver, BC
Festival Lawn at Deer Lake Park
On Sale: 11/27

JUNE

3rd
Salt Lake City, UT
Maverik Center

5th
Denver, CO
Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
On Sale: 11/14

8th
Kansas City, MO
Starlight Theatre

10th/11th - sold out
Chicago, Il
U.I.C Pavilion

12th or 13th
Toronto, On

14th
Montreal, QC
Bell Centre
On Sale: 11/27

16th
Boston, MA

18th/19th/20th - some tickets remaining for 20th
NYC, NY
Madison Square Garden

22nd
Columbia, MD
Merriweather Post Pavilion

24th
Atlanta, GA
Aarons Amphitheater Lakewood

26th
Miami, FL
Bayfront Park Amphitheater

NB.
There will also be a Seattle, WA performance...

http://www.thecure.com/news/3232/the_cure_announce_2016_north_american_tour

dsanchez

yay! Now waiting for the European Tour!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

remow1

Super excited about this tour.  They will be stopping here in El Paso, Texas again! They played here a few years ago; 2 hour show - non stop music!  Great show!!!!! Tickets for El Paso stop in May 2016 go on sale this Friday. :smth020

priscillaapodaca

Any idea on what the presale code is for the El Paso Show?  Presale is supposed to be this Thursday at 10AM MST.

According to the ticketmaster website there is....

remow1

No idea. So your saying that there is a special code for Ticketmaster to order tickets early?

dsanchez

Yes. So far:

6/3 Salt Lake City, UT
Maverik Center
Presale: 11/11 @10a – 11/12 @10pMT
Password: MAVCURE
Ticket Link: https://t.co/A9ldXlXtJi

5/20 Chula Vista, CA
Sleep Train Amphitheater
Presale: 11/11 @10a – 11/12 @10pMT
Password: the cure2016
Ticket Link: https://t.co/KsBc7deusa
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Secrets

Quote from: Ulrich on November 10, 2015, 16:37:52
Here it is, official announcement for most of the US shows:

Quote...as they explore 37 years of Cure songs, mixing hits, rarities, favourites and as yet unreleased tracks in a brand new stage production that promises to be the 'must see' show of the year!

http://www.thecure.com/news/3232/the_cure_announce_2016_north_american_tour

amindallas

Hi.  New here.  I notice that there are FAN PRESALE tickets.  Where can we get access to that?  Is there a fan club to join?  I'm a little confused of what pre-sale is and if there is any way I can do that for the Dallas show in 2016.  Thanks.

dsanchez

Quote from: amindallas on November 11, 2015, 19:42:27
Hi.  New here.  I notice that there are FAN PRESALE tickets.  Where can we get access to that?
in the link below check the gig you're interested about. if there's a presale pass it will be published there.

http://curefans.com/upcoming-shows/

Quote from: amindallas on November 11, 2015, 19:42:27
Is there a fan club to join?  I'm a little confused of what pre-sale is and if there is any way I can do that for the Dallas show in 2016.  Thanks.
you already joined :) welcome to curefans.com :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo