The Cure finally in South America?

Started by dsanchez, December 03, 2010, 11:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think The Cure will play South America next year (2011)?

dsanchez

As Southamerican, I can imagine what my friends there feel after the recent news Robert gave us. Of course nothing is confirmed yet, but if the band is not going to play that much in Europe next year (looks like only one show), then I think the probability of concerts in South America are higher than ever.

The Cure played in Argentina and Brazil in 1987, then in Brazil 1996. Fifteen long years. Is going to be a total madness with sold-out concerts in big stadiums there I'm sure. Finally.

With hope...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Since Robert gave the news that the band might be playing in South America next year there's a strong rumour circulating:

Recently, the famous Lollapalooza festival will have it's first international version, and the event will take place in Santiago, Chile, on April 2-3 of the next year. Many people think The Cure will headline this festival.

If this is confirmed, we can expect (I think) concerts in the usual South American cities for big events: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Lima, maybe Bogotá and of course Santiago. I'm not sure of Caracas (the list is based in the latest Depeche Mode Tour, and I know for a fact that the events agency in charge of DM gigs for Latin America is also in charge of The Cure).

Looking at the South America map, the tour normally should be done from North to South, starting in Bogotá or Lima and then Santiago, Buenos Aires and finishing in Brazil (Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro). Or viceversa.

Of course, all this is just my speculation based on Robert's statement, rumours, others bands past gigs and my knowledge of the region (I'm Peruvian). We will see 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Mad Bob RJS

Hi CURE Fans....  ;)

I´m from Mexico and i really hope,at last,The CURE play in South America.In these fellow countries there are too much hard-core fans that they´ve been waiting to see them for ages.

The CURE could easily book 3 or 4 dates in the biggest cities of the region.

Hopefully Robert & Co. could play again Mexico City as well.We love the band here.

If CURE doesn´t have a new album to promote,it doesn´t represent an issue to make a small tour across Latinamerica.

I know this is setting our dreams so high but remember..There´s Nothing Left but FAITH !

P.S. David or southamericans fans: if you eventually have further info about the confirmation of The CURE as Chilepalloza headliner and another dates please let us know.Thanks.

:smth023
...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Visit me @ http://madbobrjscure.blogspot.com/

dsanchez

Quote from: Mad Bob RJS on December 04, 2010, 19:07:44P.S. David or southamericans fans: if you eventually have further info about the confirmation of The CURE as Chilepalloza headliner and another dates please let us know.Thanks.

as soon as it confirmed, it will be published here. but I guess we will have to wait for Bob himself to tell us this. We will see  :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

From thecure.com:

"I HOPED MY BESTIVAL COMMENT WAS CLEAR ENOUGH..."AS OF DECEMBER 3RD 2010, THIS IS THE ONLY CURE PERFORMANCE OF ANY DESCRIPTION BOOKED FOR 2011". BUT TO BE EVEN CLEARER...WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING ROCK IN RIO. WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING LOLLAPALOOZA CHILE. WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING A LONDON SHOW IN THE SPRING... ETC ETC... IF THERE ARE TO BE ANY OTHER CURE LIVE PERFORMANCES IN 2011, THEY WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE FIRST... ANYTHING ELSE ANYWHERE ELSE IS AS EVER MERE SPECULATION! TO GO...RSX"

So no festival in Chile in April next year. Somehow a good news because I think most fans prefer to see The Cure alone instead in a festival. In the other hand, now I don't have any clue about when they will play (if they play). Most Europeans go to South America to scape from the cold winter, but Robert once said (when he was in Argentina, in 1987) that he didn't like the sun. Summer in South America starts at the end of December and finish end of March. Then we have autumn/winter until the end of September.

I guess we just have to wait for more official news. Maybe Robert will come up with something before Christmas? ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

maggie smith

I'm positive that they'll come this time. We've been having so many big concerts in Brazil lately. I can't wait to see the dates confirmed.

:D

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on December 05, 2010, 13:15:29
From thecure.com:

"I HOPED MY BESTIVAL COMMENT WAS CLEAR ENOUGH..."AS OF DECEMBER 3RD 2010, THIS IS THE ONLY CURE PERFORMANCE OF ANY DESCRIPTION BOOKED FOR 2011". BUT TO BE EVEN CLEARER...WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING ROCK IN RIO. WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING LOLLAPALOOZA CHILE. WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING A LONDON SHOW IN THE SPRING... ETC ETC... IF THERE ARE TO BE ANY OTHER CURE LIVE PERFORMANCES IN 2011, THEY WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE FIRST... ANYTHING ELSE ANYWHERE ELSE IS AS EVER MERE SPECULATION! TO GO...RSX"

Oh ... it looks like Robert get it on his nerves off all the speculation is going around  :?
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on December 05, 2010, 21:58:35
Oh ... it looks like Robert get it on his nerves off all the speculation is going around  :?

Nah... he was just reading some of the rumours at curefans.com and wanted to clarify the things. It's OK 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on December 05, 2010, 22:00:55
Quote from: Trust... on December 05, 2010, 21:58:35

Nah... he was just reading some of the rumours at curefans.com and wanted to clarify the things. It's OK 8)

Yeah right  :-D  I think if he ever read anything here, it must be very amusing for him  :lol:
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Mad Bob RJS

Any update on the info about Southamerican shows next year?

Thanks....
...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Mad Bob RJS

I just found this, i don´t know what to think...

http://eventful.com/losangeles/events/the-wellspring-pete-yorn-ben-kweller-/E0-001-035984650-7

An event is listed there and says CURE will play April -6-2011,  in L.A.

Anyone has more info about it ?

dsanchez

Quote from: Mad Bob RJS on December 30, 2010, 06:29:49
I just found this, i don´t know what to think...

looks like fake news to me.

by the way, this topic is about The Cure in South America. Los Angeles is not in South America ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

osneymoura

Ulrich

New rumour about Mexico on COF:
http://craigjparker.blogspot.com/2011/01/rumor-cure-to-play-guadalajara-mexico.html

Of course this is Middle America, but a tour of South America might follow?
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

They have been many times in Mexico and not in South America, so this does not give me any hope (by the way, Mexico is North America). We will see.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo