19 may 2009   20:00    Hamburg Uebel & Gefaehrlich    Hamburg

20 may 2009   20:00    Werkstatt   Koln

21 may 2009   20:00    Ampere   Munich

22 may 2009   20:00    025   Frankfurt

30 may 2009   15:00    Linz festival FM4 stage   Linz

31 may 2009   20:00    Wave Gothik Treffen   Leipzig

26 july 2009    20:00    gothik fetival Waregem   Waregem

08 august 2009   20:00    moving city festival    zurich

Client are one of those groups that purposefully maintain an enigmatic aura. In the beginning, the dynamic duo of Kate Holmes and Sarah Blackwood even went so far as to hide their real identities behind the two faceless codes of "Client A" and "Client B." "We wish to be judged on basis of our music, and not our looks. Furthermore, we have quite a bit of fun flirting with anonymity and androgyny." Their custom-tailored look is reminiscent of uniforms - part Eastern European stewaress or secretary, part dominatrix. The aesthetic reflects the group's central themes of voyeurism, the underbelly of the city, the dark side of life.

Client's sound could best be classified as minimalist Electronica, solidly rooted in a classic song writing tradition. Influenced by bands like Joy Division, Kraftwerk, DAF, The Smiths and the
sound of the English North, the band is the perfect counterpart to today's "feel-good" Europop- muzak.

info: http://www.musicmatters.de/download/client/pdf/CLIENT_bio_2009_english.pdf

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 14, 2009, 22:03:17
definitely worth seeing live!:

15 may 2009   20:00    Klubi     Turku

17 may 2009   20:00    Lido    Berlin

19 may 2009   20:00    Hamburg Uebel & Gefaehrlich    Hamburg

20 may 2009   20:00    Werkstatt   Koln

21 may 2009   20:00    Ampere   Munich

22 may 2009   20:00    025   Frankfurt

30 may 2009   15:00    Linz festival FM4 stage   Linz

31 may 2009   20:00    Wave Gothik Treffen   Leipzig

26 july 2009    20:00    gothik fetival Waregem   Waregem

08 august 2009   20:00    moving city festival    zurich

Client are one of those groups that purposefully maintain an enigmatic aura. In the beginning, the dynamic duo of Kate Holmes and Sarah Blackwood even went so far as to hide their real identities behind the two faceless codes of "Client A" and "Client B." "We wish to be judged on basis of our music, and not our looks. Furthermore, we have quite a bit of fun flirting with anonymity and androgyny." Their custom-tailored look is reminiscent of uniforms - part Eastern European stewaress or secretary, part dominatrix. The aesthetic reflects the group's central themes of voyeurism, the underbelly of the city, the dark side of life.

Client's sound could best be classified as minimalist Electronica, solidly rooted in a classic song writing tradition. Influenced by bands like Joy Division, Kraftwerk, DAF, The Smiths and the
sound of the English North, the band is the perfect counterpart to today's "feel-good" Europop- muzak.

info: http://www.musicmatters.de/download/client/pdf/CLIENT_bio_2009_english.pdf

Well, Germany, Austria and Switzerland seems to be places to be. Gee, I really want to see them live. Maybe a more northern trip next time. Hmm. Two gigs in Suomi but none in Ruotsi. Typical. I´ll be sobing.
again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on May 14, 2009, 22:25:37
Well, Germany, Austria and Switzerland seems to be places to be. Gee, I really want to see them live. Maybe a more northern trip next time. Hmm. Two gigs in Suomi but none in Ruotsi. Typical. I´ll be sobing.

well, "typical" - seriously, i'd say it's usually completely the other way round: most bands come as far as up north stockholm/copenhagen but turn back from there, never bothering to cross the waters over here. that's what usually happens. mogwai skipped us in their last club tour, radiohead always skips us - the cure skipped us last year... porcupine tree used to ignore us for 15 years until recent years. NIN ignored us until 2006  :oops: -  the list is really long. so i really think that in general sweden gets a lot more concerts than we do. i don't want to sound like i'm complaining/ranting here or anything, just an observation.

actually client played three gigs here (above i only listed the ones that hadn't taken place yet). three dates were a surprise to me, i later read it was especially arranged by myspace & some agency. so it looks like there was some special behind-the-scenes activity that made that "finnish mini tour" happen.

japanesebaby