The Cure would have confirmed a concert in Lima, says a peruvian newspapper

Started by dsanchez, November 07, 2007, 19:41:59

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

ROCKEROS LIDERADOS POR ROBERT SMITH INICIAN PRONTO GIRA SUDAMERICANA
Míticos "The Cure" con un pie en Lima

The peruvian newspapper "Ojo" quote what the peruvian promoter Alejandro Gonzales said about this matter: "I've talked with the band's manager and they are available and really would like to come to Perú. After long conversations I can announce the negotiation is practically closed for the band to offer a show for all their peruvian fans"

"In a few weeks we will make the official announcement throught a press conference. We're very happy because our mission in Mexico was succesful", said the promoter that have organized in the past gigs with artists suchs as Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Wisin y Yandel, among others.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on November 07, 2007, 19:49:57
Happy for you! ;)

Mixed feelings for me. In one side, happy for all peruvians if this becomes true. In another side, very sad, cause I would give everything to see the best band of the planet in my hometown, but I don't think I will be in Peru by april :(
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on November 07, 2007, 19:52:15
Mixed feelings for me. In one side, happy for all peruvians if this becomes true. In another side, very sad, cause I would give everything to see the best band of the planet in my hometown, but I don't think I will be in Peru by april :(
Mmh, difficult situation, I can understand how you feel...can understand very well...
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

j

David- what a perfect time to return home to visit friends and family!

Tof

Tof

dsanchez

Quote from: j on November 08, 2007, 03:43:41
David- what a perfect time to return home to visit friends and family!

Haha..I plan to quit in march, and return 2 weeks later?. Not, I don't think I can afford another US$1200 plane ticket :?. But maybe if I win the lotery. Anyway, The Cure is not yet confirmed, and also I didn't buy the tickets to europe yet, so everything is yet "we will see".
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

arielcc

Hi David
You can take it this way, if you are in europe you have more chances to see the cure live anytime you want!
BUT i understand your feelings, since its not the same to attend a cure concert without your friends and all the ppl you have grown up sharing cure experiences, i saw the cure live in madrid 28 march 2000 for the dream tour, first row at the riviera, BUT i missed a lot all my friends and couldnt avoid thinking the faces of all these ppl whom i shared lots of cure moments, tribute parties, painted t shirts, haircuts in the late 80s, etc etc! Every song related to every moment, etc etc Now that it seems to be possible a cure gig in lima next year all the old fans and friends are talking a lot about attending that show together, as it should be!

This year antonio (more than a cure site) when to a cure concert in japan and shared with me the mixed feelings of attending a cure show without your pals in your city!

At least it seems the cure is taking good care of playing everywhere around the world for their fans, for sure you wont be missed, since you are giving a lot of you live to the cure!!

dsanchez

Quote from: arielcc on November 08, 2007, 16:43:28
Now that it seems to be possible a cure gig in lima next year all the old fans and friends are talking a lot about attending that show together, as it should be!

If the concert in Lima becomes true now you have the important mission to tape this concert, I hardly doubt The Cure would have a second time in Lima! :D

(Hopefully I know someone of the peruvian TV who can pass me at least some video parts of when/if they play there, but anyway an audio recording would be a *must*)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

silversand

If this will come true, i really hope it, that the Cure will make a tour in Peru, that would be great!! Maybe you miss something David if you don't got to the concert.
But like you said, the flight is expensive, i would also think twice  :)
In the end it's your choice :)