Dave Navarro from Jane's Addiction playing a bit of A Forest

Started by nausearockpig, September 05, 2008, 01:18:14

Previous topic - Next topic

nausearockpig

Here's a portion of a Jane's Addiction concert at Lollapalloza in 1991 where whilst Perry is talking to the crowd in his own self-absorbed and self-important way, Dave Navarro, the guitar player, is playing little bits and pieces of the intro to A Forest.

This is a segue into Three Days and even though it's been named Thank You Boys, it isn't actually that track. But there you go.

This goes to show that The Cure has influenced a great number of musicians over the years in all styles of music..

revolt

Quote from: nausearockpig on September 05, 2008, 01:18:14
Here's a portion of a Jane's Addiction concert at Lollapalloza in 1991 where whilst Perry is talking to the crowd in his own self-absorbed and self-important way, Dave Navarro, the guitar player, is playing little bits and pieces of the intro to A Forest.

This is a segue into Three Days and even though it's been named Thank You Boys, it isn't actually that track. But there you go.

This goes to show that The Cure has influenced a great number of musicians over the years in all styles of music..

It's a pity Navarro's guitar is way back in the mix as compared to Farrell (by the way, what an annoying piece of preaching that is...  :smth011 ). For that reason I could't really distinguish what exactly the guitarist was playing. I suppose I could turn up the volume real loud to hear it better, but then Parrel's voice would be really too much loud and I refuse to listen to that kind of rubbish again...

nausearockpig

he was just playing the intro notes to the song..
if you listen to the Standing on a Beach version, it's those intro notes of the single version [that also of course also appear on the real version] that stand out..

it's only played for a few seconds.. i was at work when i uploaded it so i couldn't cut it up with some software.

struggle thru the whole thing and you'll def hear it..

j

revolt

I just remembered one thing. Dave Navarro has also confessed in interviews a Siouxsie & The Banshees influence in Jane's Addiction sound. In fact, he went so far as to say that in the late 80's he was a true Banshee-head...

nausearockpig

I'm listening to another Jane's Addiction bootleg - this time 1st March 1989 and right at the beginning of Standing In The Shower.... Thinking, Dave plays the intro to Killing An Arab!