Album news from Robert

Started by DJFreekSh0w, September 16, 2008, 07:21:50

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

well, all I gotta say is that the  positive comments coming from COF and yes, the Official site are so good to read... it makes me smile to see so many people happy and excited, lifts the spirits... lots of different views, which is great, but the  feeling in those two sites overall, are positive and happy, such good vibes...

" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: melly on September 17, 2008, 12:07:28
positive comments coming from COF and yes, the Official site

I see a lot of complaining that 'A Boy I Never Knew' and 'Please Come Home' were omitted from the album.  Also, several people are bitching about the new title for 'Baby Rag Dog Book'. 

That's positive?  :smth017

Look, maybe we're just a bit more critical of the band here on curefans.  We expect the best from them because we know they are capable of delivering, or at least would like to still believe that they are.  People here are excited about the new album, too.  Just because we don't write posts about how cute Robert is, how we snuck up to the front row of a show and Robert smiled at us, or how much we LOVE 'Freakshow' doesn't mean we aren't highly anticipating October 28th.  I'm positive Dream 4:13 is going to contain some excellent tracks that will soon wash the bad taste that is Hypnagogic States out of my mouth.       

tigermilk

I'm looking forward to the album. And I'm actually glad 'A Boy I Never Knew', 'Strum' and 'Please Come Home' are not on the album because they would conflict with the happier songs like 'Freakshow' and 'The Only One' etc too much. It's probably a good move to leave them until the next 'darker' album. Imagine if the extra-happy 'Just Say Yes' was on Bloodflowers, it just wouldn't work. By the way, I absolutely looooove 'The Only One', 'Freakshow' and 'The Perfect Boy. And the B-Sides were excellent (except for 'Without You' which I can't listen to). Anyway, I'm rambling... Bring on the album!! Can't wait to hear the other songs!!!

Cold Colours

Quote from: crowbi_wan on September 17, 2008, 17:20:12Look, maybe we're just a bit more critical of the band here on curefans.  We expect the best from them because we know they are capable of delivering, or at least would like to still believe that they are.  People here are excited about the new album, too.  Just because we don't write posts about how cute Robert is, how we snuck up to the front row of a show and Robert smiled at us, or how much we LOVE 'Freakshow' doesn't mean we aren't highly anticipating October 28th.

Couldn't have said it any better or more succinctly than that  :smth023.  The band in its current configuration has the potential to make one of the best Cure albums yet.  I'm just hoping they don't blow that opportunity.  The planets of sound have aligned for them again.  They have the chance to show the world why so many of us still care about them.  I think this album could be as great as Wish.  I know I haven't been this thrilled and interested in Cure activities since 1992.
[i]Follow me to where the real fun is[/i]

KingOfSomeIsland

Im not surprised Please Come Home and A Boy I never Knew werent on the album. Just because during some of their US shows they played the skeleton of their new album which was

Underneath The Stars
The Only One
Sleep When I'm Dead
The Perfect Boy
Freakshow
Its Over (Baby Rag Dog Book)

Secrets

I guess the thoughts are, did the aforementioned tracks not make the final cut because they are being held over for something else, or they just weren't deemed good enough, or not fit in.
Most would agree that at least Boy I Never Knew sounded like a great track and one the band were confident enough in to play live.
I'm certainly cautious with talk of the so called "Dark Album" as it sounds more like a pipe dream for nostalgic fans, and given the delayed release schedules of recent times we could be waiting a while for those tracks to surface.
Seems there will be some announcements in the next few days, so hopefulyl all will be revealed soon!

patitodark

Quote from: Cold Colours on September 17, 2008, 19:33:08
...I think this album could be as great as Wish.  I know I haven't been this thrilled and interested in Cure activities since 1992.

I kindda feel the same. Since WMS the band was going down and down. I hope 4:13Dream brings something good.

Regarding being it as good as Wish... frankly I don´t think so but has to be better than the previous three albums as Robert has brought to life songs from the past and Jason took some good ideas for the drum patterns from Boris demos. Not the same sound and power of Boris though.

revolt

Quote from: patitodark on September 18, 2008, 16:46:36
Since WMS the band was going down and down. I hope 4:13Dream brings something good.

It's funny how opinions can be so different among Cure fans... Because my impression is that that band has been improving since WMS. Not a huge improvement, surely, but at least something with a positive sign...

But I also think that in all these cases, if it had been possible somehow to kidnapp Robert after the completion of recording sessions and give the responsibility of chosing the track-list and sequencing to someone with better judgement, then none of us would be here complaining about anything.  :-D

moutheyesheart

I see all you moaners here beeing at odds with the band whenever they try to make  an album which means not the darkest and most hopeless work in music history.

Beside from struggeling with TMU, The Cure, for the first time in 30 years seems totaly harmonizing, Robert totaly burgeons in the current line up and that is what you hear on the singles. Robert did make a dark album whenever he felt like that and I'm sure he'll keep on doing that. I'd f*cking be pissed off that band, if every damned album was a dark album on and on and on and on...but no way! The Cure's dicography is far from that. It's not black or white, it's simply just like life with it's sad moments but also with evey other emotion featured, even that playful happiness and that's why I'm such a fan and that's also why you never could say: "This or that album of The Cure ist better or worse." Or things like since 'Wish' or 'Bloodflowers' or f*ck knows everything with The Cure went wrong. As long as emotions get expressed and worded in an authentical way and this for The Cure was and will always be the case, I may...well..not automaticly love but at least may respect every album in it's existence and for being kind of candid music, which nowadays is rare as all of us know.

So however much the songs on 4:13 may touch me, I can hear the truth speaking out of the music and thus say it's f*cking The Cure and I f*cking love them, though.
Well..I'm looking forward 8)
Разпадане

KingOfSomeIsland

They only make dark albums every so often but when they do its a real treat. I think were long overdue for another one though. We prolly will get some darker material in one form or another, hopefully by next year

Basileus

First post here guys...Hooorayyyy!!!

Thought I would check this site out.  I am usually on the "official" site.

Now on topic.  Whatever The Cure gives me I listen to, except WMS.  BF is one of their finest.  4:13 Dream is going to be a pleasant surprise, as will the "Dark" album.  Remember, I Think Robert said they recorded 33 songs or so.

DJFreekSh0w

Robert posted more, later (09/19) within the the same post (Dream 13)..

Quote9/15/2008 9:18:09 PM  - by CURE:ROBERT

190908 UPDATE:

I WROTE
"IT WILL BE THE SAME EVERYWHERE
(AAAAAH... JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS?!!)"
AND IT WILL!

13 TRACKS (54:32?) E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E...
ON CD, VINYL AND ONLINE

(ALTHOUGH SOMETHING OF A PROBLEM WITH THE VINYL ART AT PRESENT AS IT APPEARS TMU'S FAVOURED PRINTERS 'CAN'T PRINT COLOUR INSIDE BAGS'...LEADING ME TO WONDER WHY THEY WOULD BE A RECORD COMPANY'S FAVOURED PRINTERS... ??? ANYWAY... )

THERE ARE A NUMBER OF ONLINE RETAILERS SUGGESTING VARIOUS OTHER VERSIONS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE...

BUT THEY ARE MISINFORMED!
AND I AM HOPING THAT (GIVEN THE USUAL FEW WEEKS) THEY WILL REMOVE THEIR ERRONEOUS SUGGESTIONS...

REST ASSURED THEY ARE BEING PRESSURED TO GET IT RIGHT...
THIS JUST IN FROM TMU:
Our Japan office confirms that they have told their contacts that there is just the one tracklisting for the album and have asked for incorrect info to be expeditiously removed.

AND NEXT UP IS...

japanesebaby

Quote from: DJFreekSh0w on September 19, 2008, 08:36:59

(ALTHOUGH SOMETHING OF A PROBLEM WITH THE VINYL ART AT PRESENT AS IT APPEARS TMU'S FAVOURED PRINTERS 'CAN'T PRINT COLOUR INSIDE BAGS'...LEADING ME TO WONDER WHY THEY WOULD BE A RECORD COMPANY'S FAVOURED PRINTERS... ??? ANYWAY... )

that must be a joke or... :eek:
once again robert, just as soon as humanly possible make sure you jump that joke ship called universal!
:-D

i like the idea that there will be no special editions anywhere. everyone can enjoy the same album and a lot of people will save their money, not having to buy some zimbabwean pressing too just because of one extra song.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

revolt

Quote from: moutheyesheart on September 18, 2008, 21:58:42
I see all you moaners here beeing at odds with the band whenever they try to make  an album which means not the darkest and most hopeless work in music history.

Well, you see badly... Maybe that pair of sunglasses you wear at the end of your message needs some cleaning?  :twisted:

I'm a fan of TIB, The Top and KMKMKM, none of which is "the darkest and most hopeless work in music history". So your reasoning there fails.

I just think that if The Cure can't write really good pop songs anymore - and that seems to be the case at least since "The 13th" - then they should go instead for harder/darker/trippier stuff. Simple as that. But if a new silly pop song comes along that sounds really good, then I'll be the first to say "release it now!".

nausearockpig

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 19, 2008, 10:04:46
Quote from: DJFreekSh0w on September 19, 2008, 08:36:59

that must be a joke or... :eek:
once again robert, just as soon as humanly possible make sure you jump that joke ship called universal!
:-D

i like the idea that there will be no special editions anywhere. everyone can enjoy the same album and a lot of people will save their money, not having to buy some zimbabwean pressing too just because of one extra song.

f*cking Oath!