New album from The Cure (working title "4:14 Scream") to be released this 2014

Started by dsanchez, February 03, 2014, 12:21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: Gian on February 10, 2014, 15:34:12
The shame for both part, the band and the fans, is that for some reason it takes so long to get the tasks accomplished, that eventually the project stay in stand-by mode forever. Isn't that a pity?

Yeah, in a way it is. But, on the other hand, the band has to mind the business side as well. If any company doesn't want to release yet another live DVD (I don't know if "Festival 2005" was that successful...), the band can try and self-release it (and possibly lose money) or just head for something else...

Quote from: Gian on February 10, 2014, 15:34:12I just would have loved to see this projects to be released smoothly and naturally, like other bands do.

Hm, maybe have a look at more other bands then. There are loads out there who wanted to do this and that... nothing happened, apart from the odd touring here and there. (Just check for example Guns N'Roses or Fields of the Nephilim or Sisters of Mercy or... all of them took many years to get out new stuff, if they managed at all...) :(

Anyway, to get back on-topic: I do look forward to anything new (hopefully out as SOON as possible).
The only thing I've regretted about the Cure since 2009 or so was the lack of new stuff.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Just let's hope the LatAm2013 will be screened at the cinemas as Robert wanted ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on February 11, 2014, 17:23:42
Just let's hope the LatAm2013 will be screened at the cinemas as Robert wanted ;)

Did he? See, I didn't even hear (or remember) that he said that.
I do remember when "The Cure In Orange" hit German cinemas in 1987 though - of course there was no single screening close to where I live. Same with "Show" in 1993! So I won't hold my breath about this one...

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MintQR

Quote from: dsanchez on February 05, 2014, 17:04:48
Mexican TV announces the new The Cure album and Trilogy shows, if you understand Spanish... ;)

Please tell me that they're bringing Porl/Pearl back....!!!! I just can' get used to Reeves he's so... he's so...  HE'S SO.... old...??!!

dsanchez

Quote from: MintQR on February 12, 2014, 16:00:52
Please tell me that they're bringing Porl/Pearl back....!!!! I just can' get used to Reeves he's so... he's so...  HE'S SO.... old...??!!

I don't think this is ever going to happen. Sorry :(

Are you planning to go to OFF Festival (Katowice) this year. If yes, PM me! :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

sandgrounder

Ulrich

I just can' get used to Reeves he's so... he's so...  HE'S SO.... old...??!

I CAN get used to Reeves... he's so ... GOOD! :D

Quote from: sandgrounder on February 16, 2014, 00:20:10
Does this mean they have signed to a new record label?

Not necessarily. They can self-release it and/or license it to label(s) around the globe (in theory).
As no release date or such thing has been confirmed so far, we'll have to wait and see.

Violator

I just can' get used to Reeves he's so... he's so...  HE'S SO.... old...??!!

He's only 4 years older than Robert  :?

MintQR

Quote from: Ulrich on February 16, 2014, 10:25:44
I just can' get used to Reeves he's so... he's so...  HE'S SO.... old...??!

I CAN get used to Reeves... he's so ... GOOD! :D

Quote from: sandgrounder on February 16, 2014, 00:20:10

... not exactly what I had in mind. I miss Porl with all his outrageous clothes, villan-transvestite looks and tattooed skull.. but mostly I miss the sound of his guitar. Plus I'm pretty sure we own some similar boots ;) lol

MintQR

Quote from: Violator on February 17, 2014, 06:06:02
I just can' get used to Reeves he's so... he's so...  HE'S SO.... old...??!!

He's only 4 years older than Robert  :?

O.o Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... really?

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on February 03, 2014, 18:55:13
Last time they did a Trilogy show (Reflections, 2011) they played a single show in Europe (London) and SIX in the US. Let's hope for more shows in Europe this time -and if possible, outside the UK: Central Europe would be nice ;)
Yes,this would be a big surprise. :o
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

mooki

I can't wait for this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully these next couple of months go by fast! These forums will be going crazy when they start releasing singles and what not

MintQR

Yeah me too  :D

I'm oficially starting saving up money for the tour  :smth023

MeltingMan

Quote from: MintQR on February 25, 2014, 00:32:29
Yeah me too  :D

I'm oficially starting saving up money for the tour  :smth023
Two years ago I sold my ticket for Hurricane 2012 to my brother.He said:"Don't go,if you
only want to see The Cure."In fact,he was right and I don't regret it.The unspoken message from the
group meanwhile could be:"Be an artist!Be creative!No matter how,no matter, if you have an
audience or not."Just speculation. ;)
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)