Author Topic: Robert Smith criticizes The Guardian's review about the RAH Teenage Cancer Shows  (Read 6346 times)

Online dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
Can't imagine another world tour like 2007-2008, no matter what the rumors are.  Would like to see more than summer festivals on the itinerary however...

well they did last year the LatAm Tour which was pretty big, and they have been to Asia, US, etc. afterwards. I can imagine the band doing a final worldwide tour. I am not sure if they will ever release another album, but I think at this point it's not important anymore.
Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me...

Offline Ulrich

• Staff Member
  • Curefan Master
Thanks :oops: however I would mention Ulrich, as well :smth023 He has been doing a great job here and has been more active than me in this year - Slowdive reunited this year and they have my priority until The Cure goes back on tour :P

Thank you, but even I have been inactive for a while, because nothing happened here or in Cure world...

I am not sure if they will ever release another album, but I think at this point it's not important anymore.

It's not high on the priority list for the band at the moment, it seems. BUT, for many fans it would be important. I would love a new album! Especially with a new guitarist, it would make sense to show how this line-up sounds in the studio.
I think Robert needs to have written enough songs he feels are good enough, to record an album. Until then, we'll have to wait...
but memory's not life... and it's not love.

Offline MeltingMan

• Coolfan
listen the latest work of 65DOS (they supported The Cure in their 2008 4Tour), it's amazing (and way better anything The Cure has produced in the last decade)
Thanks for the mention.I quite agree with you. :smth023
Wenn das Spätjahr kommt, werf ich mich in einen
Wagen, ziehe die Decke des Wagenleders hoch zu
meinem Kopf, hülle mich in einen Mantel - so daß nur
meine Augen übrig bleiben, mit denen nach Euch ich
greife.
(Sören Kierkegaard)

Online MintQR

• Newfan
Quote from: dsanchez link=topic=7869.msg5886
i can't agree with you on this one. there's some fine music being produced these days. just to cite an example, listen the latest work of 65DOS (they supported The Cure in their 2008 4Tour), it's amazing (and way better anything The Cure has produced in the last decade)

- thanks for the tip :) I'll  listen to them and see what I think :)

-- and as for the credit goes, I think I should probably mention more people, but I'm afraid I could miss someone out and offend them.... Generally, all you guys are great and I love you for being here :) I know I, myself am hardly here at all but... it's good to know that I can always come back, read and write and just hang out....

Offline sammyh000

• Beginner
  • I love Curefans.com!
who cares if they never played again.. they have given us thirty odd year of sheer magic.. robert has nothing to answer for. the cure forever..

Online dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
The Guardian's review of the Christmas shows :roll:
Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me...