Mary's voice introducing "Push" on the radio

Started by Lady, May 20, 2009, 16:56:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady

In this link you can listen to Mary's voice introducing "push" on the radio! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93E-eM7qQIk

By this listening she seems a nice person (I would have never thought it!:) )and she has a very beautiful voice! ;)

Oh, and.."push" is a wonderful song, of course!!! :smth050

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on May 20, 2009, 16:56:22
In this link you can listen to Mary's voice introducing "push" on the radio! ;)

http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=46056d5

By this listening she seems a nice person (I would have never thought it! :) )and she has a very beautiful voice! ;)

Ohh... where you got this stuff? when was this aired?! how do you know IS Mary? :shock:

Quote from: Lady on May 20, 2009, 16:56:22
Oh, and.."push" is a wonderful song, of course!!! :smth050

is f*cking awesome song! :rocker
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Cure

[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Lady

Finally I got also the pic of the interview!!! :smth023

[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]

alwaysprayingforRAIN

i don't know... are you sure it's her ??  why is everybody laughing when she says that she's robert's wife ??     
and of course push is f*cking awesome!!!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

dsanchez

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 20, 2009, 22:18:59why is everybody laughing when she says that she's robert's wife ??

I have asked myself the same question...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 20, 2009, 22:18:59
i don't know... are you sure it's her ??  why is everybody laughing when she says that she's robert's wife ??     
and of course push is f*cking awesome!!!
Of course we can't be 100% sure she's the real Mary (none of us was there, unfortunally! :lol: ) but honestly I don't see anything "strange" on it...Mary often goes with her husband during the tours, and probably she accepted this invitation on the radio. ;)  Maybe they're laughing just because it's a funny situation! :-D

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on May 21, 2009, 15:52:19
Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 20, 2009, 22:18:59why is everybody laughing when she says that she's robert's wife ??

I have asked myself the same question...

probably because it's not really her but just someone pretending to be her...

i'd find it rather hard to believe that she'd really be doing that. during all these years she's always stayed out of the spotlight. so i think it's just some kind of a joke. i wouldn't take it so seriously.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

can any english speaker write down what the supossed Mary is saying? :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Hero

Quote from: dsanchez on May 21, 2009, 16:34:01
can any english speaker write down what the supossed Mary is saying? :smth023

I think its something like this:

Mary: Do i say this now? I hope you enjoy the show tonight. You are listening to the station that lives on the cutting edge of rock 91X. This is Mary,(not sure what she says here, my man Bobs wife/the mad bobs wife?)

Radio guy: Whats your favourite cure record Mary?

Mary: Erm, one of thems Push. They haven't been playing it very often and i think it's brilliant. (again not sure what shes calling robert - madbob?) would kill me, i shouldn't be here.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was mary actually, there are pictures of her doing a radio interview with roger, and her accent is right - and it matches her voice in Playout when you can hear her talking to Robert about his jumper saying something like "you slept in it"  :smth023

japanesebaby

Quote from: Hero on May 24, 2009, 07:37:44
Mary: Erm, one of thems Push. They haven't been playing it very often and i think it's brilliant.

'push' hasn't been played very often?  :lol: hey they play it all the time, literally in every concert... if that really is mary then she doesn't know much about what's going on.

i still don't believe it's really her. but i guess it really doesn't matter to me that much if it is or isn't.  just observing. :)

Hero

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 24, 2009, 07:44:15
Mary: Erm, one of thems Push. They haven't been playing it very often and i think it's brilliant.

'push' hasn't been played very often?  :lol: hey they play it all the time, literally in every concert... if that really is mary then she doesn't know much about what's going on.

i still don't believe it's really her. but i guess it really doesn't matter to me that much if it is or isn't.  just observing. :)

But this was from the early 90's i think. Did they play push often then?

Edit: According to Pictures of You - it was september 12, 1989 - not that that matters, im just putting off writing assignments  :D
Again - not sure how often push was played on the prayer tour.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Hero on May 24, 2009, 07:46:47But this was from the early 90's i think. Did they play push often then?

oh i see. thanks for correcting my error (but see, it really looks like i don't care too much because i didn't even check the year. :-P in which case i wonder why i keep posting in this thread :-P).
but no they didn't play that often back then, that's true.

Lady

I think its something like this:

Mary: Do i say this now? I hope you enjoy the show tonight. You are listening to the station that lives on the cutting edge of rock 91X. This is Mary,(not sure what she says here, my man Bobs wife/the mad bobs wife?)

Radio guy: Whats your favourite cure record Mary?

Mary: Erm, one of thems Push. They haven't been playing it very often and i think it's brilliant. (again not sure what shes calling robert - madbob?) would kill me, i shouldn't be here.

I was sure she said "they have been playing it very often"! :-D
And yes.."this is Mary...Bob's wife" eheh she's so lovely!! :smth050

Neither I see anything surprising here...Mary is not such a famous person...why should anyone imitate her?? :?

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 24, 2009, 07:44:15
'push' hasn't been played very often?  :lol: hey they play it all the time, literally in every concert... if that really is mary then she doesn't know much about what's going on.

We would have to know when the interview took place.

The Cure didn't play Push at all since around 1987 (Kiss me Tour) till the last show with Boris in 1993. In all that period they only played it once in the Prayer Tour.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo