The Cure album 2004 Vinyl

Started by gioez, April 28, 2006, 10:43:46

Previous topic - Next topic

gioez

I've founded in a shop in Rome the double vinyl of "The Cure" at ? 35 (15 songs).
Do you think that I could get it? Is it rare?
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

japanesebaby

i think it's simply the official vinyl pressing of the album, so it's not rare although vinyl pressings are of course much more limited in numbers than CDs. the vinyl version has some bonus songs (truth, goodness..., fake & this morning) that are not on the regular european CD version, but since these songs can still also be found in CD format anyway, it's maybe not a must to have them on vinyl too - IF you're not especially in love with vinyls anyway, that changes everything...  :wink:

anyway, i'd recall that i spent something like 17 euros for my copy back in 2004 so that 35 euros seems like quite a lot.  so if you really want the vinyl version then at least i'd still go for ebay at first, just to see what they have. i didn't have time to look too carefully but for instance one US pressing available here for 19,99 euros:

http://cgi.ebay.de/THE-CURE-2004-THE-CURE-2-LP-US-VERSION_W0QQitemZ4868741633QQcategoryZ56626QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and that's a 'buy it now' price, so might very well be less than that with  auctioned copies.

marika
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

gioez

Thank you very much for your answer  ;-)

[labyrinth]

gioez
if you're italian (i am) buy it on www.cdflash.com for 19.12â,¬ , i took it there
and it's beautiful :)
i LOVE vinyls... :)

gioez

Grazie per l'info: anche io amo i vinili, tant'è che fino a pochi anni fa avevo solo vinili da Three Imaginary Boys a Disintegration.
KM KM KM con l'occhio e la bocca sui due dischi è spettacolare!

[labyrinth]

si..effettivamente sono spettacolari :)

they're fabulous ! :)