"A three-chord symphony crashes into space
The moon is hanging upside down
I don't know why it is I'm still on the case
It's a ravenous town
And you still refuse to be traced
Seems to me such a waste

And every victory has a taste that's bittersweet
And it's your face I'm looking for on every street"

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Celebrating his 80th today...

MeltingMan

QuoteSuicide Snowman Live at the Plus 5 Lounge on August 1st 1992, The last Spooky Kids show before they shortened their name to just "Marilyn Manson"

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

SueC is time travelling

SueC

Brett has asked me to post something he's really excited about. He thinks this is epic. I think it's overcrowded and too noisy and prefer the original, and other versions I have heard, but that's how it goes - tastes differ!   :)

The story for that version is here: https://www.tor.com/2021/06/02/bear-mccreary-battlestar-galactica-live-album-so-say-we-all-watchtower-listen/#more-647625
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

"A storm is coming, the clouds are powering up..." (fits the weather here)

Ulrich

"It gets me home, this curving track..."

Ulrich

"Sitting in my room", that's what I've been doing this year (oh and most of last year, too)! ;)

Ulrich

Now I do not listen to music while mowing the lawn, but if I did... :winking_tongue

SueC

OMG, @Ulrich, if I listened to THAT on headphones I would get hearing damage very quickly!  :1f631:  :-D

My lawnmowing listening over the past two days (now that I don't need scuba gear to be outside) was, for a change, the Greatest Hits, which made a nice contrast to a dark gloomy morning, after which I returned to my standard lawnmowing album, Paris. Gardening continued with listens through several early Church albums, including the ones I bought after hearing them performed live all the way through by Steve Kilbey in Albany recently - and then I skipped through a number of later ones. This song always gets my attention and I listened several times as usual, so this is the one I will post here (again):

SueC is time travelling

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on June 04, 2021, 14:39:13"A storm is coming, the clouds are powering up..." (fits the weather here)

@Ulrich, I can't see this one from Australia - can you tell me the title/artist?

I'm doing songs starting with "C" on my iPod. Here's one:

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on June 14, 2021, 12:10:37I can't see this one from Australia - can you tell me the title/artist?

Strangely enough, it's an Australian artist (backed by an Italian band he named "Fatalists"), Hugo Race and his song "This is Desire", you can listen e.g. on their bandcamp page:
https://hugoracefatalists.bandcamp.com/

(A new album is promised for late 2021.)

Ulrich

Ulrich

Ulrich