Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

fiction

Joy Zipper - Go Tell the World. "This is not a happy song, I wrote it to remember something"
again and again and again and again and again and...

Meddy

Duffy:  Distant Dreamer.

It must be a Gemini thing, but I totally get it.   :)
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

jbud1980

Elite by Deftones (i know, sorta hard, but working out..grrr!)

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Well, I was listening to this yesterday. Does that count?  ;)

I have to say that I really enjoyed this one. It was better than I expected it to be, although I really wasn't sure what to expect...

But most of all, I must say this is BY FAR the best-sounding album I've heard that's been released in the last 15 years or so. It just has a really nice sound to it, almost vintage in a way. And I don't mean just the instruments themselves, but the production in general. Furthermore, it doesn't suffer from the loudness treatment as much as most other records today do.

Ok... A lot of this has to do with the style of music (music without heavy percussion usually doesn't get hammered so much), but overall it's just a really enjoyable listen — something I can't say about 4:13 Dream, which is tantamount to torture of the ears.  :smth096

If only The Cure (or pretty much anyone else) still released albums that sounded this good, the world would be a much better place!  :smth023

dsanchez

This is probably one of the best songs I ever heard. It's on my top three together with "Comfortably numb" of Pink Floyd and "The Big Hand" of The Cure.

Absolutely fantastic, brilliant, awesome...

Slowdive - When the sun hits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF96gNl7O5A
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 28, 2009, 01:54:33
Well, I was listening to this yesterday. Does that count?  ;)

but overall it's just a really enjoyable listen — something I can't say about 4:13 Dream, which is tantamount to torture of the ears.  :smth096

That's strange I heard this full album on the radio, and I wasn't that impressed, the songs couldn't do with me I suspect from a good song, good album.

For me a good song, has to take my attention, from the first second to the last, I want to listen to the song like there's nothing else around my. And I've lost so many times the attention, the lyrics ...

A feeling like, I couldn't say what I was just heared, something like that, hard to explain.  :-D

And I guess that's the reason why I like the Cure-music so much, a lot of songs can give me the feeling I want.
But maby I need to listen a second time to Sound of The Universe  ;)
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Like this one:

Pink Floyd - Time  :smth020

Trust...

Ultravox - Vienna

(I'm going to see them in August and also The Simple Minds)

fiction

Quote from: dsanchez on April 28, 2009, 02:19:44
This is probably one of the best songs I ever heard. Absolutely fantastic, brilliant, awesome...

Slowdive - When the sun hits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF96gNl7O5A

Yes this is an absolutely fantastic song. I remember when You posted this song before You said that You looped it and listened to it for consecutive hours.

GREAT song!

japanesebaby

VUK

http://www.myspace.com/vukmusic

CLT  flint in the pines

a really original mix of experimental electronic pop, lucid soaring vocals, mad church organist and something like an east romanian folk singers choir in backing vocals at times. 
ok it sounds almost too odd but it's really beautiful, check it out.

i saw them live some time ago and was really quite impressed.
the current live band consists of:
vuk herself on lead vocals and pump organ(!)
loupine on backing vocals & additional keyboards
janne on drums and percussion

they've just released their new album 'the plains':

fomr the official myspce:

"Vuk is a Finnish-American artist whose unique music carries sonic strains that weave themselves into a rich, colorful tapestry of experimental rock, Balkan vocal music, meticulously layered organ harmonies, exuberantly inventive instrumentation and polyrhythmic walls of Vodou percussion. Her songs explore inner, fictional landscapes sculpted by dreams, sex, trauma, death and spiritual ecstasy. Live, Vuk expands into a percussion-and-organ-driven trio, and the sound of the pump organ takes center stage next to Vuk's startling voice."
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

The Others. Current track: "I´m Not There". Great Italian Teen Trash.

ad: Still The Others but now this really danceble track "In My Time" hit the tapestry of my appartment. Hello neighbours!

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 30, 2009, 13:31:26
a place to bury strangers

CLT i know i'll se you  --> http://www.myspace.com/aplacetoburystrangers

http://www.aplacetoburystrangers.com/

I haven´t heard them before but clearly that band listened to some of the songs from Cure, Bauhaus and Jesus and Mary Chain.

Nice. Thanx for providing me with good tips in music.

CLT: Wooden Shjips. I really am looking forward to the concert with Wooden Shjips this summer.