Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

School of Seven Bells  Iamundernodisguise

I love this band!  Glad to see they're coming back to Seattle so I can see them in a club.  The festival gig was good, but you know how festivals are. 

crowbi_wan

Placebo  Song To Say Goodbye  Pinkpop 2009 

I like how they're closing the main set with this song.  Hope that trend continues as the tour goes on.  :smth023 

crowbi_wan

Lords of Acid: Pussy (LP version)

I was going to post the CD single cover, but thought it's probably best to not.  If you want a good laugh, Google it.

btw, this song is about cats, right?  :lol:

Trust...

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 04, 2009, 19:34:15
Placebo  Song To Say Goodbye  Pinkpop 2009 

I like how they're closing the main set with this song.  Hope that trend continues as the tour goes on.  :smth023 

:smth023 Yes me too. It was the last song from the main set and then they came back and played to encores last night.
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

alt.end

fiction

The Upholsterers. An interesting sideptoject of Jack Whites from early 2000.
again and again and again and again and again and...

fiction

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 04, 2009, 04:56:24

I love this band!  Glad to see they're coming back to Seattle so I can see them in a club.  The festival gig was good, but you know how festivals are. 

I´m glad for your sake even though I have to admitt I envy you a bit. I love Alpinisms and Iamundernodisguise is a great album opener. But I got the chance to see The Specific Heats now at Kulturhuset in Stockholm, Sweden july 18 together with The Tallest Man on Earth and those two acts are gonna perform between 18.00 and 01.00 (CET) for only $ 10. I´ll guess that there will be other acts and performance during the evening. That´s a nice price if there ever were one.

Btw, there is a nice collection of other band from Ghostly International under the name of "Ghostly Swim" out on cd. School of Seven Bells are represented by "Chain".

crowbi_wan

Quote from: fiction on July 06, 2009, 01:36:53
Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 04, 2009, 04:56:24

Iamundernodisguise is a great album opener.

I was thinking the very same thing.  ;)  I'm a big fun of other bands Benjamin Curtis has been part of (Tripping Daisy, The Secret Machines), but wasn't quite sure what to expect from SVIIB when I first heard about the project.  They present a nice psychedelic dream pop mix like I've never heard.  Oh those vocals are just so dreamy!  :smth020 

But I got the chance to see The Specific Heats now at Kulturhuset in Stockholm, Sweden july 18 together with The Tallest Man on Earth and those two acts are gonna perform between 18.00 and 01.00 (CET) for only $ 10. I´ll guess that there will be other acts and performance during the evening. That´s a nice price if there ever were one.

Sounds like a nice pairing there and at a great price!  The Tallest Man on Earth played Seattle back in March at a dinner theater.  I thought about going and probably should have.  Sometimes I wish money grew on trees and I lived in a forest.  :lol:

Btw, there is a nice collection of other band from Ghostly International under the name of "Ghostly Swim" out on cd. School of Seven Bells are represented by "Chain".

Thanks for the tip.  :smth023  Will check it out.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: fiction on July 06, 2009, 01:20:45
The Upholsterers. An interesting sideptoject of Jack Whites from early 2000.

What, Jack White has side projects?  :lol:

Actually, that's one I'd never heard of. 

fiction

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 06, 2009, 03:12:53
What, Jack White has side projects?  :lol:

Actually, that's one I'd never heard of. 

Well I guess you´re excused. The Detroit label Sympathy for the Record Industry printed 100 copies of a 7" vinyl (Makers of High Grade Suites - SFTRI 611) containing three songs with Brian Muldoon and Jack White under the name of The Upholsterers in early 2000. BM is not a very famous musicsian even though his band, The Muldoons did some opening acts for The White Stripes during the early 2000´s. That band (The Muldoons) containd his two sons on guitar and vocals and they were just very young teenagers at the time. BM played the drums. BM also has a garage punk outfit, The Tin Knockers together with JW´s elder brother Eddie Gillis but I have no idea of what they sounds like.

Anyway I sent you a sample from that 7" as an mp3 over your email.

fiction

Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare

Current track: Devil´s Food, just listening to the intermission and the biological lecture about the Black Widow. This has to be one of the greatest intros to a forthcoming track; The Black Widow.

japanesebaby

NIN düsseldorf 2009-06-29

some video clips i've been editing:

terrible lie  :rocker
march of the pigs  :smth026
i'm afraid of americans

the best time ever.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 06, 2009, 20:38:05

the best time ever.

That's pretty nuts.  Kind of reminds me of when I saw Fishbone some years ago and literally did end up upside down in the pit.

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 07, 2009, 04:50:15
Quote from: japanesebaby on July 06, 2009, 20:38:05

the best time ever.

That's pretty nuts.  Kind of reminds me of when I saw Fishbone some years ago and literally did end up upside down in the pit.

:lol:

Quote from: fiction on July 06, 2009, 19:18:57
Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare

Current track: Devil´s Food, just listening to the intermission and the biological lecture about the Black Widow. This has to be one of the greatest intros to a forthcoming track; The Black Widow.

ah, vincent price.
here's alice wrestling with spiders! -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfTX6dw3pRI&fmt=18 :)  :) :rocker

i was never really a big fan of his output before or after that (especially after), but i've always liked that album a lot.

CLT:

Angelica Kult: Killing Heat

http://www.myspace.com/angelicakult