Muse - The Resistance Tour

Started by crowbi_wan, June 02, 2009, 04:56:22

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 24, 2009, 05:03:38
Muse still have a ways to go.  While they're huge in Europe, they've yet to make it big in the US.  They are gaining popularity and it will be something to see if they can fill arenas this Spring.  My guess is the top levels will be blocked off, though.  But let's give them time.   

you got me all wrong there - god i hope Muse never becomes like U2 are now.
i was talking solely about music there, that's the only thing that's interesting to me really. personaly i don't care about whether some band is " a scene to be at" if they are not worth listening to, they are not worth to go to see. or who's the biggest - the bigger things become, the more hollow they become too. that's true even with Muse - the current shows are great but sometimes i do wish it was still 2001.
all i was saying that from musical point of view, to listen to Muse first and then U2 just doesn't help U2 to win any points. actually it just makes U2 to lose what little points they have left today - musically speaking.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 24, 2009, 08:30:54
Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 24, 2009, 05:03:38
Muse still have a ways to go.  While they're huge in Europe, they've yet to make it big in the US.  They are gaining popularity and it will be something to see if they can fill arenas this Spring.  My guess is the top levels will be blocked off, though.  But let's give them time.   

you got me all wrong there - god i hope Muse never becomes like U2 are now.
i was talking solely about music there, that's the only thing that's interesting to me really. personaly i don't care about whether some band is " a scene to be at" if they are not worth listening to, they are not worth to go to see. or who's the biggest - the bigger things become, the more hollow they become too. that's true even with Muse - the current shows are great but sometimes i do wish it was still 2001.
all i was saying that from musical point of view, to listen to Muse first and then U2 just doesn't help U2 to win any points. actually it just makes U2 to lose what little points they have left today - musically speaking.

I wasn't referring to you there.  Just stating the obvious.  About those U2 shows in the US where Muse opened, I read several posts by people on muse.mu saying U2 fans came out really impressed and were asking those wearing Muse shirts what albums they should buy.  Like I said, give them time.  They'll fill those arenas over here soon enough.  Then we'll all be wishing it was 2001. 

othervoices

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 23, 2009, 19:55:59
i wonder if they'll add more stadium shows in june/july or will go play festivals instead.

btw i don't even really like saying this because i still do have some of my old respect for U2 intact, but i think Muse are SO going to make U2 too look old and tired when they support them. after matt i don't know what sould save bono from sounding like he was reciting his lyrics instead of singing. i think it's a suicide support choice for them - hey good luck bono.....

it will be interesting to see who the UK stadium support bands are - gates open at 12:00, so there should be a good two - three bands able to play... anyone got any wild guesses / predictions / inside info?!

I'll be at LCCG...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 23, 2009, 19:55:59
i wonder if they'll add more stadium shows in june/july or will go play festivals instead.

27 May 2010 — Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal

Tickets on sale February 3rd.

05 June 2010 — Rock Am Ring, Nurburg, Germany
06 June 2010 — Rock Im Park, Nuremberg, Germany

Tickets on sale now! http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/rock-am-ring-im-park-tickets.html?affiliate=EVE&sort_by=evdatum&fun=search&action=search&detailadoc=erdetaila&detailbdoc=evdetailb&doc=search/search&fuzzy=yes&nurbuchbar=yes&suchbegriff=riprar

crowbi_wan

I got to meet MUSE last night before their gig in Seattle.  http://www2.1077theend.com/photos/deck-hall-ball-6

Faces were melted during their set.  It was FANTASTIC!  :rocker 

jbud1980

i'm not too sure about their latest album. i don't really like the popular song being played on the radio (really can't stand constant chanting/choruses that make up the bulk of a song).  please don't hate me for this, but to me, muse is becoming less interesting as they become more popular.  :?

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 18, 2009, 03:33:04
I got to meet MUSE last night before their gig in Seattle.  http://www2.1077theend.com/photos/deck-hall-ball-6

lycky you, got to shake some golden hands there!  :eek: :smth023

crowbi_wan

Quote from: jbud1980 on December 18, 2009, 14:36:36
i'm not too sure about their latest album. i don't really like the popular song being played on the radio (really can't stand constant chanting/choruses that make up the bulk of a song).  please don't hate me for this, but to me, muse is becoming less interesting as they become more popular.  :?

I can understand your feelings on them.  They do seem to want to make it in the US, becoming more pop sounding, going after a younger audience and all.  Still, I love the new album and can tell you they put on a GREAT live show.  Just with they'd play more of the symphonic stuff from Resistance.  Those three are better than several of te songs they are playing nightly.  I've been told they are working on them and hope to incorporate them into the set at some point.  Ah, and they are rehearsing in Atlanta before the start of the US tour.  Something they didn't do a lot of before the Helsinki gig, which kicked of the Euro tour.  They were too busy supporting U2.  Again, trying to make it in the US.   

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on December 18, 2009, 15:00:28
Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 18, 2009, 03:33:04

lycky you, got to shake some golden hands there!  :eek: :smth023

Yes, I was hoping a bit of the magic would rub off and I'd be able to play some instruments better.  If it did, I must have washed it off or something.  My guitar playing wasn't any better after the concert. :P

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 18, 2009, 15:33:16
If it did, I must have washed it off or something.

dam. but dude don't you know that the most important rule is never ever to wash one's hands (never ever again) after such a handshake? water is indeed poison there.
;)

crowbi_wan

US Muse fans, tune in to VH1 this Friday (8th Jan) at 23:00 PST/EST to see the band's performance at their homecoming show in Teignmouth last September.  In case you miss it, the show will also be aired on Palladia on Saturday (9th Jan) at 21:00 PST/EST!

Already have this one on DVD.  Nice gig.  Definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it, or re-watching if you have. 

crowbi_wan

Some older tunes are finally making the set lists.  

-Sunburn
-Butterflies & Hurricanes
-Cave (back in the mix after being shelved for a while)
-Can't Take My Eyes Off You 
-BLISS
-CITIZEN ERASED
-DEAD STAR (w/Micro Cuts outro)

I am loving the variety!  Let's hope it continues through the US tour.  :smth023

jbud1980

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 12, 2010, 04:16:18

-Sunburn
-BLISS
-CITIZEN ERASED

I am loving the variety!  Let's hope it continues through the US tour.  :smth023

i'd go just for citizen erased. they are playing with the silversun pickups in a couple months.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: jbud1980 on January 14, 2010, 02:44:29

-Sunburn
-BLISS
-CITIZEN ERASED

i'd go just for citizen erased. they are playing with the silversun pickups in a couple months.

I'm going to three shows on consecutive days in the NW and then both nights at Wembley.  Hopefully I'll get to hear CE, Dead Star and Bliss.  Already seen them play 2 of the three, but wouldn't complain one bit to hear them again.

jbud1980

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 14, 2010, 02:51:01
Quote from: jbud1980 on January 14, 2010, 02:44:29

-Sunburn
-BLISS
-CITIZEN ERASED

I'm going to three shows on consecutive days in the NW and then both nights at Wembley.  Hopefully I'll get to hear CE, Dead Star and Bliss.  Already seen them play 2 of the three, but wouldn't complain one bit to hear them again.

wow, that is really cool, and i am quite envious! i have always wanted to see a British band in England.