Robert Smith caricature

Started by Tof, September 03, 2007, 17:56:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnage Visor

Quote from: dsanchez on September 11, 2007, 23:40:38
I think farquad92 means the FIRST caricature posted (the scary one Tof published). Your draws are quite good Carnage Visor!

Oh, thanks mate. I got confused there. Sorry, everyone.

All is well!

themurderchair

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 03, 2007, 19:19:09
I use The Cure in alot of my art. I did a collage piece called, "Robert and Simon save the world" where Robert and Simon fight giant gummy worms.

carnage visor: also wanted to say that i like them
and that this idea of robert and simon saving the world from giant gummy worms is the best idea i've heard in a while
now that i'd like to see.
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

FarFar

wow you impress me carnage visor...you are born to be an artist....you have two amazing hand...so lucky....i'll hope one day i can draw like you...cool...
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

dsanchez

Quote from: themurderchair on September 12, 2007, 08:14:48
and that this idea of robert and simon saving the world from giant gummy worms is the best idea i've heard in a while
now that i'd like to see.

Yes, me too. I'd love to see that one!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

ROGUE

quote from Carnage Visor -

:rocker Oh, thanks. I drew the hunter gatherer one at about 3 in the morning, I was feeling a bit high onna counta all the caffeine.

Thanks, once to play a prank on my brother I stuffed a picture of an old chinese man down the back of his pants, and later in the day he was complaining that something bit him, low and behold, an asian man down his pants. How messed up does that sound? :smth023
end quote
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol: That does sound funny though, thatsa very funny and original story~ thats for sure, what a cracker  lol

Dillinger

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 11, 2007, 23:06:58
Quote from: farquad92 on September 10, 2007, 21:21:30
i dont think its that good really, seen better

You just said that to upset me. Because you knew it would, I even said I didn't want anyone insulting me. I'm a very sensetive soul, and my art means alot to me. So please do not say stuff like that. Thanks.

haha, im honestly sorry but that reply made me laugh. i didnt know you'd done pictures, i just replied after reading the first post.sorry  :lol:

edit: never mind david explained it. well done dave  :rocker

Cure Freak

Quote from: Tof on September 03, 2007, 17:56:11
Thanks to Melanie for the link !!!

other artists here ...
http://www.holytrousers.com/illus/portrait20.html

That is fantastic !
Great likeness.
I recently did a set of portrait drawings of The Cure (recent members). Not caricature. But portraits. I'm a feelance artist and have a degree in Fine Art. I love to draw.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Cure Freak on September 14, 2007, 22:10:01
I recently did a set of portrait drawings of The Cure (recent members). Not caricature. But portraits. I'm a feelance artist and have a degree in Fine Art. I love to draw.

could you post any of those for us to see? would be great to see them!
i was determined to become an artist (drawing, painting) when i was younger but somehow i strayed and ended up on a musical/career profession instead. i always wish i had more spare time to start drawing again, i loved it... but i never seem to have that time.  :?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Cure Freak

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 14, 2007, 22:16:43

i was determined to become an artist (drawing, painting) when i was younger but somehow i strayed and ended up on a musical/career profession instead. i always wish i had more spare time to start drawing again, i loved it... but i never seem to have that time.  :?

Fine arts takes dedication , just like any of the arts(music, performing, literature).
I play music, in my spare time.

Edit: I've decided to make a seperate thread for my fan art.

Carnage Visor

GARSH, Mickey! Did I fudge up again and kill a thread?

Cure Freak

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 14, 2007, 22:16:43
I recently did a set of portrait drawings of The Cure (recent members). Not caricature. But portraits. I'm a freelance artist and have a degree in Fine Art. I love to draw.

I'm sure you dedicared yurself to what you felt you loved the most, which is music. Amd I bet you ara fine musician too. What instruments do you play?
I own a Gibson clasical gutiar and a midi sythn. Self taught on both.
Playing music is just a hobby, nothing more. Art is my life.

ROGUE

I just love hearing about art, even better seeing - Iam a very visual person, doing heaps of projects at the moment. :smth023
But my favourite.. I bought a Prada handbag- replica(not the real thing) but everyone thinks it is PRADA, anyway i have
spray painted it~RED, in a messy way, without doing the zip and covering other bits-

Looks so awsum, but what i love about it the most, is the statement i was making~
To me my statement was a symbolic pissing on it- kind of thing- like an animal marking territory,

~ or even better just an utter  disrespect  for  the  'big expensive Label'  industry.  :twisted:
Just cant believe how great it turned out, one of a kind..it used to be cream small brown patterns (Not like LVuitton),
but i have a LVuitton iam thinking of doing the same ceremony.....definately religeous experience  :lol:
so sick of seeing all the yuppi-wanna-be's with one, ... I buy mine to distroy them, creatively of course  :roll:

LoveCatsUnstuck

Nice Caricature and drawings it's always nice to see fan art of The Cure. I live near the Hollywood area and sometimes I have to go by "Guitar Center" (where they planted their hands for the Rockwalk) there on the building they have an artistic photo of Robert holding his guitar amung other artists but his stands out...

Victoria

Janko

Quote from: Tof on September 03, 2007, 17:56:11
Thanks to Melanie for the link !!!

other artists here ...
http://www.holytrousers.com/illus/portrait20.html

I LOVE IT!
MAYBE ITS JUST MY HAVGOVER, BUT ROBERT LOOKS LIKE HE JUST GOT UP FROM BED WITH A HEADACHE...
I LOVE THIS SIDE OF HIM!

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

AlluivialL

@ the caricature I like it, but. I especially liked the Sigmund Freud one, and Michael Stipe. I do like caricature, but not these ones especially. Mostly just the fact that they did them. Lol, anyway. Maybe I'll post some of my fan art on the other topic sometime. I don't know, though. Egh, it kind of makes me sick. Anyway! Carnage Visor, great work.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?