2011.11.15 London - Royal Albert Hall (England)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2011, 18:10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Videos

Reviews

The Independent / The Telegraph / The Guardian / Louder than war / The Spectator
dsanchez's review (in Spanish)

Photos

Jérôme Cousin / Federilli / Michael Levy (includes review in French) / jofoto

Merchandising

http://thecure.sandbag.uk.com/

Curefans Meetings:

14th November 19h00 at the Hard Rock Cafe

15th November 12h30 at The Queens Arms

Curefans.com members attending the show:

the cure ultras palermo, Trust..., disintegration, Lady, boneheadhaggar, Tof, TheLovecats, Anne-Frank, Druide, lovecat, lullaby, nosigner, x-phile, carliofandango, theloudestcure, gabriela, danny999911, Jakso, Lacrima_Mosa, Mary, feebee42, lastdance, all alone, u-a-b-f, The Black, dsanchez

Useful information (Thanks danny999911!)

During your stay in London you may want to buy a zone 1 travelcard, which only lets you travel in central London, as it is a bit cheaper (£6.60). If you look at a tube map, you can see what zone stations are in, with central London being in zone 1, and stations further away being in increasing zones, up to 8. If you buy any type of ticket in London before 09:30am, it will be slightly more expensive (peak time).

If you are planning on making more than one tube journey, it is nearly always best to buy the travelcard, as a single tube fare is £4, and a bus is £2.20! (Unless you have an Oyster Card, but I assume not).

Where to stay

The closest (and cheapest) place near the RAH is the London Earls Court - General, this place is just 20 minutes walking from the Royal Albert Hall (from £16.95 per person/day). Some Curefans.com members will stay there. Check their Website

Jennifer from our Curefans Facebook is staying at easy Hostel in South Kensington. £40 for a double room. Not bad!

The cheapest hostel in London is the backpacker's Clink78 with beds from €10 per night. The hostel has positive reviews on hostelworld. To book, go to the hostel's website: http://www.clinkhostels.com/

BeWelcome is also an excellent alternative if you want to stay at someone's place in London for free!.

The Cure tickets are on sale Friday 9am

The Cure are bringing their unique "REFLECTIONS" show to London on Tuesday 15th November 2011 19h30.

First experienced this spring at the Vivid Festival in Sydney, it features the THREE IMAGINARY BOYS (1979), SEVENTEEN SECONDS (1980) and FAITH (1981) albums played live in their entirety.

The Cure are one of the worlds' most enduringly influential bands, and this is a rare and unique chance to hear how they became the voice of generations with three releases that etched them into the public consciousness.

"REFLECTIONS" features an evolving line up of band members past and present playing the first three Cure albums live in their entirety. From the punchy, offbeat, starkly adorned songs of THREE IMAGINARY BOYS (1979), through the increasingly shadowy and quixotic pieces of SEVENTEEN SECONDS (1980), to the singular melancholic grandeur of FAITH (1981), this is a truly extraordinary concert experience.

Programme

The 'REFLECTIONS' show comprises around 150 minutes of music:

Three Imaginary Boys (1979)
The Cure Trio – Robert Smith: Vocals & Guitar / Simon Gallup: Bass / Jason Cooper: Drums

Three Imaginary Boys set
10.15 Saturday Night
Accuracy
Grinding Halt
Another Day
Object
Subway Song
Foxy Lady
Meathook
So What
Fire In Cairo
It's Not You
Three Imaginary Boys
Weedy Burton

Seventeen Seconds (1980)
The Cure Quartet -  Robert Smith: Vocals & Guitar / Simon Gallup: Bass / Jason Cooper: Drums / Roger O'Donnell: Keys

Seventeen Seconds set
A Reflection
Play For Today
Secrets
In Your House
Forever/Three
The Final Sound
A forest
M
At Night
Seventeen Seconds

Faith (1981)
The Cure Quintet - Robert Smith: Vocals & Guitar / Simon Gallup: Bass / Jason Cooper: Drums / Roger O'Donnell: Keys & Percussion / Laurence Tolhurst: Keys & Percussion

Faith set
The Holy Hour
Primary
Other Voices
All Cats Are Grey
The Funeral Party
Doubt
The Drowning Man
Faith

1st Encore

World War
I'm Cold
Plastic Passion
Boys Don't Cry
Killing An Arab
Jumping Someone Else's Train
Another Journey By Train

2nd Encore

Descent
Splintered in Her Head
Charlotte Sometimes
The Hanging Garden

3rd Encore

Let's Go to Bed
The Walk
The Lovecats

Tickets (From £25  booking & transaction fees) Buy them here

Tickets can be bought also in the RAH site (£20.00 to £150.00)

Cost of tickets per sector:

Grand tier / 1st circle = £150
2nd Circle = £125
Stalls = £125
Arena = £100
Circle = £75, £50, £25.

Robert's Update 17/10: Gallery standing tickets will be on sale on Thursday 20 October at noon

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

dsanchez

As UK does not belong to the "Schengen" space I need a visa. And that f*cking visa cost me 90 EUR :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on September 27, 2011, 20:34:17
How many people fit in this venue?

"It was (the RAH) originally designed with a capacity for 8,000 people and has accommodated as many as 9,000 (although modern safety restrictions mean that the maximum permitted capacity is now 5,544 including standing in the Gallery)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Albert_Hall

This will sell out in two minutes.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

For those planning to go: are you planning to arrive in London one day before (on 14th November)? or do you plan to arrive during the weekend ? (Saturday 12th)?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

danny999911

I'll be at the London show! It's only half an hour away for me. The RAH is pretty small, but it's a lovely victorian venue built in 1871. It's where they hold the BBC Proms every year - these are broadcast around the world so people might know it from there?

Quote from: dsanchez on September 27, 2011, 20:53:14
As UK does not belong to the "Schengen" space I need a visa. And that f*cking visa cost me 90 EUR :?

Are you sure about that? The UK's still in the EU so as long as you're from an EU country you will need your passport, but not an extra visa. The UK Border Agency says 'Nationals of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland have the right of free movement and residence in the UK'.

dsanchez

Quote from: danny999911 on September 27, 2011, 21:16:28
Are you sure about that? The UK's still in the EU so as long as you're from an EU country you will need your passport, but not an extra visa. The UK Border Agency says 'Nationals of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland have the right of free movement and residence in the UK'.

100% sure. UK belongs to the EU but did not sign the no-borders space (Schengen). And as I am Peruvian, I need to apply for a tourist visa, answer 103 questions (no kidding) and show lots of documents. I know Peru is the first or second larger producer of marihuana, but does not means we all Peruvians carry some stuff in our bag :P
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

danny999911

Quote from: dsanchez on September 27, 2011, 21:18:57
100% sure. UK belongs to the EU but did not sign the no-borders space (Schengen). And as I am Peruvian, I need to apply for a tourist visa, answer 103 questions (no kidding) and show lots of documents. I know Peru is the first or second larger producer of marihuana, but does not means we all Peruvians carry some stuff in our bag :P

Oh I see, I assumed you were from Slovakia as that's where it says you live on your profile. But yes, if you have a Peruvian passport then you're right, you will need a visa.

dsanchez

Quote from: danny999911 on September 27, 2011, 21:26:06
Oh I see, I assumed you were from Slovakia as that's where it says you live on your profile. But yes, if you have a Peruvian passport then you're right, you will need a visa.

I will go to Vienna on Tuesday to apply for the Visa (is just 1h away from here). Normally it shouldn't be a problem. Best of all is the day before I see And Also The Trees there, so I will "shot two birds from one shot" as we say ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on September 27, 2011, 20:53:14
:smth011

dsanchez

Guys, a couple of place for our curefans.com meeting before the concert:

This one is very close to the venue
http://www.thequeensarmskensington.co.uk/

This one is just 10' walk, bigger and probably cheaper
http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-gloucester-arms-london-2

Take a look and let us know your suggestions. Gig is in just a few weeks ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

I was reading the topic about last's Cure concert in the RAH back in 2006, it was very difficult to get the tickets so be quick this friday 09h00 english time

http://curefans.com/curenews/live-01-04-2006-london-royal-albert-hall/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Those planning to go to London, buy 2 or 4 tickets this Friday, this way you will be able to help other Cure fans in case they don't find tickets! :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo