4:13 Dreamers

Started by cane5, October 29, 2008, 16:17:18

Previous topic - Next topic

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 09, 2008, 02:32:23

Of course you're allowed to not like something.  I had thought the album as a whole would grow on me.  A few songs have, but others are just sounding worse with each listen and don't even remotely interest me any longer (at least until I hear them live).  Currently I'm only listening to The Real Snow White and The Hungry Ghost.  Glad they're back-to-back so I don't have to skip around a bunch. 

I couldn't agree with you more, Crowbi.  In my 2 hour commute each day, I have had the opportunity to listen to the album quite a bit and I find myself starting with Underneath the Stars, then skipping right to Snow White and Hungry Ghost.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on November 09, 2008, 03:53:27

Of course you're allowed to not like something.  I had thought the album as a whole would grow on me.  A few songs have, but others are just sounding worse with each listen and don't even remotely interest me any longer (at least until I hear them live).  Currently I'm only listening to The Real Snow White and The Hungry Ghost.  Glad they're back-to-back so I don't have to skip around a bunch. 

I couldn't agree with you more, Crowbi.  In my 2 hour commute each day, I have had the opportunity to listen to the album quite a bit and I find myself starting with Underneath the Stars, then skipping right to Snow White and Hungry Ghost.

Underneath The Stars is a great song, and it's one I've listened to quite a bit.  I just REALLY prefer that one live.  Robert's vocals echo way too much and it's a big muddy, distorted mess on the album.  Easily one of the best songs they've written in several years, though.

btw, I hope you're listening to more than those three songs during your commute!  :P

j

Satellite radio has become my friend!

Secrets

In the age of the Ipod how many of us have re-worked the track-listing?

I find this works better for me...
1. UTS
2. Reasons Why
3. Without You
4. This. Her and Now. With You.
5. Sirensong
6. Snow White
7. Hungry Ghost
8. The only One
9. Perfect Boy
10. Switch
11. It's over

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Secrets on November 09, 2008, 12:57:49
In the age of the Ipod how many of us have re-worked the track-listing?

I have this playlist on my media player, all of which are from the Rome gig.

Underneath The Stars
The Real Snow White
The Hungry Ghost
Switch
Sleep When I'm Dead
The Scream
It's Over

splitmilk34

I'm pretty enamored with all of the "non-single" tracks on the album.  If I had to put them in order of "most listened" it would probably look something like this:

1. The Hungry Ghost
2. The Real Snow White
3. Underneath the Stars
4. The Reasons Why
5. Sirensong
6. Switch
7. The Perfect Boy
8. This.Here.And Now.With.You
9. Freakshow
10. It's Over
11. The Scream
12. The Only One
13. Sleep When I'm Dead
"... sleeping less every night"

jbud1980

Quote from: j on November 09, 2008, 03:53:27

two hour commute? ouch, that sucks. yeah, i find myself repeatedly listening to underneath the stars because that was the first song i heard when i saw them at the H. bowl and it brings back great memories. the hungry ghost is pretty good, and i am also fond of it's over.  :)