curefans.com travelling tape?

Started by dsanchez, November 23, 2014, 22:08:50

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

On another forum I am a member there is an interesting thing they do. Basically it's a sort of chain letter, except that this one is on tape. A theme is chosen (e.g. favorite songs) records a couple of tracks and then forwards the tape to another member of the forum who then does the same and send it to the next one, etc. Would be anyone here interested to do this? I think it would be fun :)

It would be good to have at least 6 persons to fill in a 60 minutes tape (2 songs per person, average song length 5 mins). As for the rules (I took it from the other forum), we can agree on this (suggestions are welcome!):

1. Record two of your favorite songs (I would suggest non Cure, I guess we have all Cure songs already!)
2. All tracks must recorded from Vinyl.
3. No Dolby.
4. Recording levels set to peak at 0db.
5. Try and get the tapes on their way within a week of receipt, if there's a delay for whatever reason, just let us know in the thread.
6. You may add something else in the post besides the tape, it's Christmas time! ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

If you want to join this chain, just reply to this topic.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Matti

Let's see...

• Recording on an outdated medium
    • from a possibly even more outdated medium
    • in order to receive music from and passing on music to (almost) complete strangers?

Count me in, sounds like great fun.  :-D
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

dsanchez

haha great! hope at least 4 more will join to start arranging this.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Bump! in case someone else is interested, I'd like to revive this idea...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Bump... Posted this topic for the first time in 2014... let's see if there's someone interested in 2018?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo