1997.xx.xx "Robert Smith Interview", MTV Latam, Mexico

Started by dsanchez, October 14, 2007, 23:41:06

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

"I always wanted to go to Peru" is one of the things Robert said in the "Pure The Cure" special in MTV Latinamerica, broadcasted yesterday. It was a nice, short special, of about 25 minutes where they talked about the band's story since the 70's, how Robert was deciding his "look" after being with the Banshees, etc.

During the special, some latinmerican bands as Allison, Miranda and Belinda (which I have never heard before) commented about the band, their favourite songs, etc.

Robert Smith said also that they regret about not playing more than one gig in Mexico back in 1992 (they just played one gig in Monterrey), that they were surprised about the sold-out concerts in Mexico in 2004, and that they want to play in southamerica. "We will back in Argentina, for sure; Venezuela, Chile, Peru... I've always wanted to go to Peru", he said.

The program finished with the "Robert Smith is my hero" from the SouthPark episode.

Download here the final minutes of the program (I puted my IRiver next to my TV to record it, so the sound is not very clear). Hope someone managed to record the whole special in DVD.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

Hmmmm.....David is leaving Peru, Robert wants to go to Peru.  Coincidence? :-D

scatcat

thanks David for sharing!!  :rocker I can never fet enough of hearing Robert's words... I don't watch South Park but good to know he's their hero as well...
  :smth023
As far as Peru.. I've always wanted to go there.. and will someday soon I hope, pity you are leaving,could have done with a tour.. macchu picchu..  I want to go to Ecuador as well to visit sponser child.. maybe Robert will be in Peru when I go ?? ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on October 15, 2007, 02:28:56
Hmmmm.....David is leaving Peru, Robert wants to go to Peru.  Coincidence? :-D

oh yes, indeed... so when planning to leave peru, what are you actually running from david? old bob? :-D

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Tof

So the south american 4tour is almost confirm !!!
Tof

dsanchez

Quote from: Tof on October 15, 2007, 09:51:34
So the south american 4tour is almost confirm !!!

Don't know yet. Robert is saying that he's coming to Southamerica since 1996. Yet, he went only to Brazil that year.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on October 15, 2007, 06:16:46
As far as Peru.. I've always wanted to go there.. and will someday soon I hope, pity you are leaving,could have done with a tour.. macchu picchu..

Sorry for the off-topic. If I leave Peru it does not mean that I can't contact you with reliable friends here who can recommend you places or perhaps going on a trip with you. And this goes for any Curefans.com member who wants to come to here, too :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

silversand

Thanks for sharing it David :)
Maybe they will really make a south american tour after the US-Tour  :) Let's wait and see  :)
That would be great!

I would like to fly to south america someday and also visit Peru. But i can't speak a single word Spanish. So i have to take my sister with me, she can speak Spanish very good.
So far i've only seen documentries about the country  :)

boneheadhaggar

hope they get to Peru before you leave David 8)
its nice to be nice

boneheadhaggar

hey just noticed.....my karma is -1, who did I upset :shock:
its nice to be nice

jesscat13

hy everyone, so happy to her theyll tour south america,
ill go to wembley but ill go for sure to the latin tour.
im  from chile, and, when confirmed by robert, we can arranhge here whos going???
well i know theyll go to the south side yeahhhhhhhh :smth001
YEAHHHHHHHHHH

arielcc

If The Cure dont come to Peru, at least we can say we are the first country in southamerica visited by Robert Smith. He came to Peru in 1985, according to old sources, some old fans may remember (galore era web site, old interviews) and  according to curenews Parry Bamonte came to Peru in the late 90s. :-)
according to that galore era web site, Robert Smith wrote why can't i be you? in Lima!
To david: a lot of peruvian fans have vhs copies of that interview in the early 1997 when Robert Smith said he wanted to come to Peru!
arlelcc

jesscat13

well hope hes soing to chile peru and argentina and brazil,,,, and more??? to bet my tickets,
hopefully ill go to the shows in spain!  :) if they go on sale!
YEAHHHHHHHHHH

ROGUE

Luv to travel and see Peru, wow so far away, ahhh.

Really like your pic jesscat looks like you are in a far away day dream, great eyes.  :smth023