The Only One + Ny Trip officially confirmed.

Started by [labyrinth], April 25, 2008, 12:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

feebee42

Finally my Only One CD arrived from Amazon yesterday - hurrah! I thought I was going to have to wait for ever!
I get to hear NY Trip at last.  :smth020

Oooh, oooh, and I see that Amazon.co.uk have Freakshow listed now for pre-ordering.
(It's a bit expensive though, at £8.49, and it does state 'Import'. Hopefully the price will drop, just as it did for the Only One CD single.)
I just checked HMV.com and they have Freakshow Mix 13 7" single listed there now, for a price of £2.99.
It's all so exciting!  :smth023
There is no end to the stars and the wind.
There is only you yourself,
who aren't who you think you are.

japanesebaby

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 17, 2008, 21:56:06
btw strangely in some stores they insisted to me that the release date is may 21st, not 13th, and that's why they didn't have it yet.

and may 21st came and went and still no sign of it around here: you get a "what new cure single?" when you ask about it in the stores...
ridiculous :roll:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

[labyrinth]

maybe, it's better if you try to buy it online...consider it!

i had to do that with the 7'', it was impossible to find!

hope anyway, the only one.....hmm, nope!
the next one will find a better distribution!

silversand

Quote from: [labyrinth] on May 22, 2008, 16:32:29
maybe, it's better if you try to buy it online...consider it!

i had to do that with the 7'', it was impossible to find!

hope anyway, the only one.....hmm, nope!
the next one will find a better distribution!

Did you find the 7" [labyrinth] ? If not, i give you a link where you can buy it, if you're still interested. Okay, it will be out on May 30th 2008 as a UK-Import. The site is also in English. So here is the link: http://www.indietective.de/indieshop/index.html

Good luck  :smth023

Cold Colours

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 22, 2008, 08:54:46

and may 21st came and went and still no sign of it around here: you get a "what new cure single?" when you ask about it in the stores...
ridiculous :roll:

I'm in the same boat, japanesebaby.  All the shops around town either had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the new Cure single, or they told me that they have stopped stocking CD singles altogether :roll:.  It was the first time in all of my Cure collecting days that I've ever gone home empty-handed on a Cure record release day.  The world has certainly changed while I wasn't looking.  You can almost hear the creaking slippage as compact discs have slowly started their descent in the public's preference for new music delivery system.  My colleagues and friends at work gave me good-natured grief all day at my increasingly frantic attempts to find a physical copy of the new Cure disc.  No one could understand why I didn't just simply go and download the songs instead of waste time and money trying to track down a two-song CD single.  I'm not sure how I feel about all of this.

I ended up just pre-ordering a copy on Amazon but even they have since sent me a mail asking for my approval to allow them more time to try to acquire a copy of the single  :?.  That download option is looking more and more appealing.
[i]Follow me to where the real fun is[/i]

[labyrinth]

finally,
in these days i got my cd-single !!!!!!!!!!!

:-D

there is a big difference between the iTunes files and the cd....
and i'm waiting for the vinyl...

japanesebaby

...and the release date around here is now being postponed from 21st to 28th may.
looking at it from here it's a complete joke, this one single/month schedule. :roll:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

[labyrinth]

it seems you're going to buy the same day the album and the last single!

scatcat

well, i got news that my 7" is on it's way from Brisbane ( thanks Javier!) ... as for the cd.. well, it is finally instore locally, ( I HAD TO ORDER IT SPECIFICALLY..)  and i shall recieve it this week.. BUT the difficult thing is, as I was told by the retailers... Universal is in trouble.. either just here, or  otherwise.. so i would expect delays..

I need a lift, I need to hear this new song, and i need The Cure.   :cry:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

cure_kitty

Well I finally was able to order two copies of the CD single last week.  One for me & one for my sister but I had to get them from two different web sites.  Got one from Barnes & Noble (the last copy before they were sold out).  The other CD I got from The Ideal Copy web site which a fan from another web site suggested to use if anyone still could not get a copy. I'll say Thanks to them even though I think they do not post one here.

I'll be getting the one from B&N tomorrow & hopefully from the other place today.  It was quite a pain to find but luckily I was able get them.  None of the stores around me still do not have a copy available to buy yet. I just hope this does not continue for the remainder of the releases but I expect it will since Universal seem to not seem to be able to get it together. 

If anyone still needs to get a copy try the The Ideal Copy Web Site, they still have some available in the CD & 7 inch.

http://www.idealcopy.com/

[labyrinth]