The Cure nominated to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Started by dsanchez, October 13, 2018, 23:58:11

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

siamese twin

I can't Believe there is No Promoting Fans to vote here. The CURE  is currently in 4th place having been Passed by Ted Nugent last week and are now being threatened by The Zombies (a band I also like). C'mon CURE fans you can Vote once a day...

siamese twin

The Cure is lagging Behind in the voting. C'mon CURE fans, get with it, you can Vote once a Day! I think Robert wants to be There...

Ulrich

Quite frankly: I never considered the Cure a "rock'n'roll band" - there are only a few songs which might be described as "rock" or "alternative rock" or whatever...

Additionally I do consider this whole "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" a bit of a joke. (When you look at which bands were in and which were not at some points in time!)

I'm pretty sure: on the one hand Robert would be pleased if they'd "get in", but on the other hand he doesn't really care about such things, as this is more about "the music business" than anything else...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: siamese twin on November 02, 2018, 05:36:33
The Cure is lagging Behind in the voting. C'mon CURE fans, get with it, you can Vote once a Day! I think Robert wants to be There...

I don't think Robert cares too much. After all, he said this about The Cure:

We've never been a fashionable band, and we never will be.

Being part of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does not make them greater than they already are. The Cure's music is not a popularity contest.

Having said that, I already voted and might vote again :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

I really admire Janet Jackson and Kraftwerk, but putting The Cure in the same pot
is quite unbelievable. It seems as if all "baby-boomers" voted for Stevie Nicks and Def
Leppard. Sorry folks, not my business.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

chemicaloverload

It's a popularity contest. Why must we box people in and choose?

Computer says no
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 02, 2018, 11:32:45
... for Stevie Nicks and Def Leppard.

These are exactly the kind of "bands" which I think fit the R&R HoF quite well!  :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: chemicaloverload on November 02, 2018, 13:41:40Why must we box people in and choose?

That's true. All of them deserve actually a price for their work and not a place in a "Hall of Fame".
I only have to look at LL Cool J and Rage Against The Machine and I know: they deserve it.
So many artists have already left us - forever. That's why a vote itself is almost impossible.

tanyasmith

The Cure is catching up! It feels like a sport now. Go team Cure! Ha ha. Actually, I didn't know we could vote once a day every day. I just cast mine again today. If enough Cure people catch on, they'll win like that.

MeltingMan

OK. I voted for The Cure too. Don't want to be outdone. See you tomorrow!  ;)

MeltingMan

Second ballot. This time I voted for five artists including The Cure. It looks good so far.

tanyasmith

MeltingMan