2007.08.08 Brisbane - Entertainment Centre (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

boneheadhaggar

maybe just one surprise song per show then :roll:
its nice to be nice

dsanchez

Just was looking in other sites, and notice the setlist was first published in this forum. For promoting this website, and for giving the credit to Nausearockpig for publishing it for us, please cite the source (www.curefans.com) if you publish this setlist in any other page

:smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

bomber2007

Quote from: nevyn on August 08, 2007, 17:32:45
yup - it was first time since 1997 that they played Catch during the concert - to be more specific - since Hollywood concert - 28.10.

The show after that actually - 31/10/97 New York.

boneheadhaggar

Quote from: dsanchez on August 08, 2007, 17:47:03
Just was looking in other sites, and notice the setlist was first published in this forum. For promoting this website, and for giving the credit to Nausearockpig for publishing it for us, please cite the source (www.curefans.com) if you publish this setlist in any other page

it has been added on my post at curetrade :smth023
its nice to be nice

hush

Oh God.
Just got back from the concert.
Robert was amazing!
It was a greatttt set list.

curedtc

Hey guys! Any boots or pictures? seems a cool setlist. :rocker
Im always wanting more...

[labyrinth]

but,
finally, did they play or not Fascination Street?

rodney

Quote from: boneheadhaggar on August 08, 2007, 17:38:24
maybe just one surprise song per show then :roll:

I'd say you're probably right about that.

nevyn

as I also used it at our Polish site - I have just added this info.

kissingcrimson

Nausearockpig did you manage to smuggle your camera in to take pics? :smth020
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

~*CherryRed*~

A-HA! a first for curefans.com hey! Too good! Excellent Nausearockpig... your just to flamin' good mate!!! ;)
"prone to flights of whimsy"

toneta

What a wonderful, wonderful night! I haven't been to a Cure forum in YEARS, but after last night, I had to get on this morning in my ABSOLUTE delight!

Yes - they didn't play FASCINATION STREET..... Have to say I was thrilled to bits with the setlist. I really felt they tried to cater for the fans and the 'chart followers'. I was able to sing along with everything, and danced the night away!

Also, interesting to hear Robert say how awkward he still feels playing to large audiences. He mentioned he feels a lot better in front of 50.... is that how big the secret gig will be????

My post from THE CURE COMMUNITY:

I remember the Wish Tour at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre with very fond memories (was 16 at the time). It was my first 'big' concert - what a way to start... my fav band, and they didn't disappoint. Only problem - I had close to the worse seats in the house, and no one around me wanted to dance! I felt so rude getting up and dancing around.

Of course, then there was the Dream Tour. My disappointment with the Dream Tour was having to endure a day full of sh!t music and drunks at Livid festival, so the Cure could wrap it up - boy, did they blow the socks off all the other bands! The next day, my partner (now husband)proposed...

Now, I am sitting here listening to the Cure after a brilliant, wonderful gig at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre last night. I was at the first barrier on the floor. I found a position that I could see through all the tall people (yes, I am vertically challenged), and danced the whole night (despite some pre-ageing arthritic joints!)

I have seen many bands over the years, and the Cure stand out as one the best live. Minimal talk, no costume changes, and PLENTY of music!

Thank you for such a wonderful night guys and years of fantastic music. As Robert said at the end of show, "Thank you. See you again" - I certainly hope so. I'll be there!

Sussex

The setlist was not too bad..
To know catch is there is somehow fun..
But unfortunately The Kiss was not there..what a miss.. ;)

after all..hope you all had a great night! :rocker
"Thick As Shit"

nausearockpig

It was really a great show.

No "The Kiss" or "If Only Tonight We Could Sleep" or "Fascination Street" but we did get a nice version of "Catch" and "At Night" along with what will now probably become 2007/8 "staples". Fire In Cairo was an excellent surprise too.. A Strange Day was excellent too... and Jumping Someone Else's Train.. one of my faves

I thought that most of the Brisbane audience weren't really hardcore fans who knew all the songs. I know this sounds precious and pretentious and I don't want to sound like "I'm their biggest fan so why are YOU listening to them??" but during Shake Dog Shake and One Hundred Years, a lot of people in the general admission and in the stands around me didn't know the songs and looked bored.

When all of the singles came on, the crowd came alive but mostly they were a bit more subdued during the non-single songs. I don't think most people recognised Catch for a long time. At Night wasn't received as warmly as I'd expected and when Play For Today was playing there was no "Ohhh oh ohhh" that the Euro crowds sing..

It was an excellent show, I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I think the 2005 DVD and shows I've heard made me kinda go "what??" due to the change in sound of the band and the songs.

They sound a lot more "rockier" these days.. which I must say works well..

Never Enough was really cool, Robert said something like "I can't be fucked tonight" and then they started the song with just Porl playing the gee-tar parts. it really rocked. a lot better than the 2005 versions where they did the start/stop thing a lot in that song...

Now looking back I'm disappointed that they didn't play The Kiss but again it was an excellent show and i really loved it..

The quote of the day goes to the country meat-axe beefcakes behind us on the train on the way home who said "I'm disappointed that they didn't play lovecats."  LOL

PS definitley no Fascination Street...

PPS I have some photos but my camera is a bit shit so I doubt they're going to look good, but I will post them here in the coming days..

PPPS I made a recording of the show but unfortunately due to my inexperience, nervousness of being caught and ejected and general un-preparedness the first Mini-disc didn't record so everything up to Primary is gone forever [from me at least] and worst of all the recording is distorted so it's a very poor recording of a very powerful and excellent show.

I want to take this opportunity to apologise for not being more prepared with the recording, for fcking it up and for not being able to share anything worthwhile with all of you excellent people.

I especially want to apologise to those who have so graciously shared the shows that they recorded at great risk to themselves as I noticed [I was shitting myself all for nothing now it seems] and to anyone else who has shared and traded with me in the past. I really wanted to give you all this - including any Ubers out there, just to give something back and to have this as a momento of a fantastic night.

In the near future I will be sharing this show but now as it's incomplete and basically a crap recording, I'm in no great hurry because believe me, you're not missing much..

Enjoy the Sydney, Melbourne and NZ shows.

Javier

Sussex

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 09, 2007, 08:32:12

It was really a great show.

but during Shake Dog Shake and One Hundred Years, a lot of people in the general admission and in the stands around me didn't know the songs and looked bored.

Javier

Really...It is a same situation that happen during the show in Singapore last week..They really missed that one man! There are only few of us (maybe considered as Diehard Curefans i supposed  :smth020) who really enjoy the show..

100 years - great song to be missed,especially the drumline
Shake Dog Shake - only true curefans can really enjoy such song..

So,are you going to Sydney javier?
Enjoy man!! :rocker

Cheers..
"Thick As Shit"