Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

Started by japanesebaby, July 11, 2006, 07:55:29

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

what do you think of it?
i've just been listening to the whole album and i take back every doubtful word i might have said before: 'black holes and revelations' is an amazing album! the best thing i've heard in a looong time...  

the previous album 'absolution' might have been a bit swollen and pompously self-assertive at times and it got a bit out of their hands and choked in itself but this here is simply gorgeously streamlined stuff with precision and intensity that'll blow your house down...  
10/10 ! 8)

also, they've been really powerful live (as always) from what i've seen on TV.
lucky you who can see them on their US tour!!!

marika

:D  :-D  ;-)  :!:  :-D  :)  :D  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cult_hero

not my favourite band but this album has some very interesting tracks on it. sometimes i think: what did they smoke or drink? :smt033 :smt030   "supermassive black hole" is an earworm for me, even though he sounds like a little bit like prince. :smt020

anyway! a good album! :smt045 maybe i'll go to their concert when they come to hamburg at the end of november... :smt112

japanesebaby

i think they might gain some new fans with this one, also lose some old ones too perhaps, but it's a good move forward for them, i think.
there're a couple of tracks there which are pretty typically and old-fashionedly muse-ish, some ideas which i honestly think they've done already before and even better, but there're loads of some good new fresh ideas that i really like.

Quotemaybe i'll go to their concert when they come to hamburg at the end of november... :smt112

lucky you... because of course they don't play any scandinavian shows this time  :(
(just like some other bands with a four-letter name second of which is 'u' and the fourth being 'e'....  :?  )

and prince? yes, maybe! by the way, iin an interview made for '4Music' on UK TV they talked about how 'supermassive black hole' has been compared to some britney spears song (not sure which one, i'm not too familiar with her output :roll: so i didn't catch the name, sorry... ) and how someone had even made a morph between those two songs, and matt bellamy said he had heard it and thought 'oh god blimey, it's quite similar to that...! "  :smt042
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cult_hero

okay, bought my ticket today! i want to hear "knights of cydonia" live!  :-D this songs rocks. robert should hear this album and get inspired...  :smt020

[labyrinth]

what an album, guys!!
that's perfect...very GOOD..i love every second of it...
this is their best album,by far...
let's hope they won't loose themself by the way..

Cure

i haven't listened 2 the album yet
but
i love the title!!!
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]