2019.07.28 Naeba - Naeba Prince Hotel Ski Resort (Japan) 'Fuji Rock Festival'

Started by dsanchez, February 08, 2019, 18:08:16

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Simon did not perform, Eden Gallup took his place for this one!

http://craigjparker.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-cure-play-fuji-rock-festival-tonight.html
A statement from The Cure:

"A SERIOUS PERSONAL SITUATION AFFECTING OUR BASSIST SIMON AROSE AFTER THE PALEO FESTIVAL SHOW ON THURSDAY, AND AS A CONSEQUENCE SIMON WAS UNABLE TO TRAVEL WITH US TO JAPAN. VERY RELUCTANT TO DISAPPOINT OUR WONDERFUL JAPANESE FANS, AND AFTER MUCH DISCUSSION, WE DECIDED TO GO AHEAD WITH OUR 'FUJI FESTIVAL' HEADLINE ON SUNDAY, WITH A VERY BRAVE AND VERY EXCELLENT EDEN GALLUP FILLING IN ON BASS! WE ARE ALL VERY GRATEFUL TO ED FOR REACHING OUT ACROSS THE GENERATIONAL DIVIDE TO HELP US OUT, AND JOIN HIM IN WELCOMING HIS DAD BACK FOR OUR SEVEN REMAINING SUMMER FESTIVAL SHOWS, COMMENCING WITH AFISHA PICNIC MOSCOW NEXT SATURDAY 3RD AUGUST. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING; HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE FUJI SHOW AS MUCH AS WE DID, AND SEE YOU ALL VERY SOON... LOVE THE CURE X"

Interview with Robert after the show:

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

dsanchez

The full webcast of this show can now be downloaded from here. Enjoy!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Wow... an unexpected surprise it was to hear Eden had stepped in.  I'm late to the party as catching up after being off-line for a week (I've been camping in southern France).
I loved the interview with RS, and the last 1 min was priceless. What a bizarre request the interviewer made: "turn to the camera and speak to your audience"... gosh he handled it well and was utterly adorable in his response.
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

SueC

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on August 04, 2019, 19:46:18Wow... an unexpected surprise it was to hear Eden had stepped in.  I'm late to the party as catching up after being off-line for a week (I've been camping in southern France).
I loved the interview with RS, and the last 1 min was priceless. What a bizarre request the interviewer made: "turn to the camera and speak to your audience"... gosh he handled it well and was utterly adorable in his response.

I hope you're enjoying your camping! :)  And the food!  (I assume you're not eating Spam!)

Not such a bizarre request I think - it's nice to be given a chance to say something directly, and obviously Mr Smith isn't new to this whole thing.  It can be safely assumed he's gotten over being freaked out by talking to a crowd (or not being able to find words), seeing as he's had a lot of practice. ;)

Nice job by Mr Gallup Jr. :)  We were watching this at home thinking, "The notes are the same but the personality is different - it's like hearing different versions of the Four Seasons!"  :)

And isn't Plainsong so, so good.  Thanks everyone for posting all of this.   :heart-eyes   Much rather a dose of this in the morning than listening to ScoMo, hey, @word_on_a_wing?

PS: A question for any technical buffs:  We assume there is a technical reason why the bass is being lowered like that when being played - can someone give us the nitty-gritty?
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich