The Perfect Boy (4th single)

Started by [labyrinth], July 22, 2008, 21:40:48

Previous topic - Next topic

[labyrinth]

this is the artwork for the new single

thanks CoF.

wish-man

and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

mint car

very nice artwork and very nice song. I enjoy on this so much, cause I love live version. I am curios on studio version  :P
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

dillonsdad

nice cover, i like this the best of the 4 singles

othervoices

Official site now updated with countdown timer to single release. Sounds great!

patitodark

Quote from: othervoices on August 01, 2008, 19:25:38

The snare drum sounds weak!!!!! This kind of things make me miss Boris Williams a lot!!

revolt

Quote from: patitodark on August 01, 2008, 19:57:56
Quote from: othervoices on August 01, 2008, 19:25:38

The snare drum sounds weak!!!!! This kind of things make me miss Boris Williams a lot!!

The drums do sound a little strange... Somewhat hollow, maybe? Like they were recorded with a lo-fi equipment... Anyway, I'm no expert.

Robert's voice also seems too high in the mix, but that seems to be the rule nowadays.

As for the (small bit of the) tune itself, it doesn't sound bad but it doesn't sound particularly exciting, either. Which also seems to be the rule with these new singles... (well, the loop-like intro to "Sleep When I'm Dead" sounds great and I've found "Freakshow" to be somewhat annoying since the very beginning, but I take these 2 examples as exceptions).

Poe

I've heard the snippet from the official site, and a live version from Atlanta, Georgia, and I do prefer the live version so far. Only Freakshow sounds as good/better in the studio, in my opinion, the other studio versions have sounded quite flat. Well well.

Quite like the artwork though, again.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

patitodark

Who is in charge of the art work? Patched art (Porl) as before?

revolt

Quote from: patitodark on August 07, 2008, 04:53:43
Who is in charge of the art work? Patched art (Porl) as before?

Yeah, you guessed it right. That's some interesting artwork there, in all these 2008 singles, but I think nothing can match the quality of the artwork from 'Seventeen Seconds' to 'The Head on the Door'. As far as artwork goes, those were The Cure's glorious days.

Anyway, as long as Robert does not appear on the covers, it's probably alright by me. The 'Disintegration' cover was ruined by this and the same happened to 'Bloodfowers'. And 'Wild Mood Swings', well... let's just say that one good thing that can be said about that album is that it somewhat sounds better than it looks (  :-D ).

maluflower

Quote from: Poe on August 04, 2008, 21:58:07
I've heard the snippet from the official site, and a live version from Atlanta, Georgia, and I do prefer the live version so far. Only Freakshow sounds as good/better in the studio, in my opinion, the other studio versions have sounded quite flat. Well well.

I think Freakshow sounded better live! It was very fresh and quite a surprise to a lot of people. The studio version kind of ruined it for me. I think I liked it more when everyone seemed to hate it.  :-D

I'm very curious about the b-side for this one as well. Those have been my favorites so far from the singles (Down Under and NY Trip!). And of course, Underneath the Stars. :smth023

KingOfSomeIsland

sounds exactly like I expected it to. Not neccisarily a bad thing. I havent really been blown away by any of the singles so far besides SWID. Ive liked them but the album tracks are shaping up to be fantastic. A Boy I Never Knew, Baby Rag Dog Book, and *gush* Underneath the Stars are going to be great.

GreenGhost

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on August 08, 2008, 18:25:47
I havent really been blown away by any of the singles so far besides SWID. Ive liked them but the album tracks are shaping up to be fantastic. A Boy I Never Knew, Baby Rag Dog Book, and *gush* Underneath the Stars are going to be great.
I completely agree here.  Can't wait to hear the takes on the non-singles. As far as the singles go, I have to say this one is definitely my least favorite.  It sounds like it fits in well with the lesser ones from the self titled album.
and the past is taunting
fear of ghosts
is forcing me apart

www.chimneysweeprecords.com

patitodark

Quote from: GreenGhost on August 11, 2008, 15:35:19
Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on August 08, 2008, 18:25:47
I havent really been blown away by any of the singles so far besides SWID. Ive liked them but the album tracks are shaping up to be fantastic. A Boy I Never Knew, Baby Rag Dog Book, and *gush* Underneath the Stars are going to be great.
I completely agree here.  Can't wait to hear the takes on the non-singles. As far as the singles go, I have to say this one is definitely my least favorite.  It sounds like it fits in well with the lesser ones from the self titled album.

A guy uploaded the full song in YouTube (now is gone) and my impression is that it sounds like a b-side from WMS like Adonais or A Pink Dream. Same overall sound, same drumming style and drum sounds.

The effect in the voice in the "oooohhh girl" part sounds nice though.

I didn't like it.

NeverForget

Hello Curefans,

Just wanted to share the new video for this last single:

http://rapidshare.com/files/136883810/the_cure_the_perfect_boy_640_Curefans.flv.html

I've founded that on mtv overdrive Italy, but I think it will soon be avaliable everywhere.

A nice single to everyone!  :D
STILL RAINING STILL DREAMING...

"no-one will ever take your place
I am lost in you
no-one will ever take your place
so in love with you..."