LO

Started by Plainman, September 11, 2011, 16:27:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Plainman

Hi, Been a Cure fan since the late 80's when I just happend to get into them circa Disintigration and that promo thing at HMV whereby anyone buying 2 album got a free c.d called Entreat also not long after I got into them they played the Crystal palace Garden party. I've seen them 3 times although I got thrown out during the 3rd song of the 2nd gig for 'standing on the seats' aka my brother shoulders. I'd gone all the way to Edinburgh to see them too. Funny thing is I've looked on Setlist and was sure I got dragged down off the seats... i mean my brothers shoulders when they launched into Inbetween days but acc. to setlist fm they didn't do it early in the set either night in 92 so it  must have been Just like heaven.
I think the Cure are just one of those bands that you can't help but wonder how they've managed to so so many great songs. Head on the door is my fav. Cure album

dsanchez

Hello Plainman!

Welcome to curefans.com :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here. HOTD is one of my favourite album and "Push" is one of my favourite Cure songs (in the top with "The Big Hand"). I still don't know why nowdays they use this strange drum machine in this beautiful song.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Plainman

Hi. I like Pink Floyd a lot too. :lol:

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Plainman

I'm back. Sorry I didn't stick around for long last time! I've just been going back through one of my intermittent Cure phases and am now listening to the albums I've not heard since my Cure fandom heydays of the late 80's-early 90's. They're all on spotify. I'm listening to WMS atm which I've never heard before but hopefully will grow to love 'cause I like to think find overlooked albums and find great things in them I love. 2 albums I've done this with are Paul McCartney's Press to play and Bowie's Never let me down.