What made you annoyed today?

Started by Aarna, July 01, 2007, 19:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

If booksellers in other EU countries accept online orders, confirm them, but only process/ship them after 10-14 days. 🥱⏰

PS: The problem is that the items, in this case antiquarian/out of print books, are marked as 'shipped' just hours after the order is placed, even though they aren't. Here is the response from the seller I contacted on February 10th:

QuoteHello,There was a delay due to moving, shipping next monday, Thank you

My credit card was charged for the purchase amount as early as January 31 - the day the order was placed. 😠
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MeltingMan

...and again I have to wait for a book (H. Céard, Une belle journée). Shipping wasn't the issue this time; rather the distance (USA) and an error in data transmission (umlaut not displayed correctly). The shipping deadline is the day after tomorrow. Let's hope for the best, and that maybe someone from the publisher will read along where the re-edition was published...

PS: Unfortunately it didn't come. The seller refunded the purchase price. Now I have to look elsewhere or wait for a new edition. A print on demand is out of the question as I already have five copies of the collection. 😟

MeltingMan

It annoys me how a telecommunications company treats existing customers. For a week now, there has been massive advertising in our district for the new fiber optic network. They called me and personally contacted me today. I feel like I'm in the wild west. I don't understand what they want from ME. :?  There are six parties here in the house. One has already jumped off and the others lack any feedback, which doesn't surprise me. In addition, and this is the little I have researched so far, other homeowners elsewhere have already signed preliminary contracts and are still waiting. Please make it transparent and understandable for everyone and not in this way.  :confounded:

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on February 06, 2023, 16:33:54It annoys me how a telecommunications company treats existing customers.

I can totally understand this. The company I've been with for many years, also has managed to annoy me with advertising calls or even visits (mostly resulting in more costs, so I almost always said "no thanks").  :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

I haven't decided yet. The technique is undoubtedly good. A "faster package" for the same price is available, but I don't know where my head is at the moment. Rumors about someone from the past... 🤢

Ulrich

"11 failed attempts to log in" to my email account over last night...  :unamused:

My password has been tested as "safe", so I say "keep on trying you f***in' hacker"!  :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Btw, if it's anyone who knows I'm a Cure fan: no, my passwords have nothing to do with the band or anything else that could be "guessed" by any idiot who knows a little bit about me...)  :lol:

MeltingMan

Quote from: Data protection reportFor the last seven days, Safari has blocked 11 trackers from profiling you.

I actually get these reports all the time. The number always fluctuates between 10-50. Including two from our forum. :1f636:  If it's any consolation for you... but you have to expect that someone might show up at your door, right?

Ulrich

Thanks for the uplifting message. ;)
My "defender" has removed a few "suspicious" apps this week.

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 12, 2024, 09:24:09I actually get these reports all the time. The number always fluctuates between 10-50. Including two from our forum.

Woah, I didn't know about any "trackers" here... (Is it because of the notification one can receive via email?)  :?

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 12, 2024, 09:24:09... but you have to expect that someone might show up at your door, right?

Well, that was (probably) somebody else (I don't think he has my email at all, but my postal address - and sent messages on FB until I blocked him).
He never turned up here, so I think it was just an empty gesture. :1f636:

MeltingMan

Quote from: UlrichIs it because of the notification (...) via email?

I can't completely rule it out. I have most of the trackers (37) on a website that asked me several times by email to evaluate an internet purchase, which I finally did. I find out in the monthly overview, but so far I have not been so interested, honestly. I'll keep an eye on that.  :smth023

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 12, 2024, 19:04:24I'll keep an eye on that.

Yes, please. I will then pass it on to the Admin, as he's the one with all the tech-knowledge (I can just about tell what a tracker is)...

Ulrich

Elon Musk... he seems to be a bit of a d...head.  :pouting-face

QuoteElon Musk wants to screw over workers at SpaceX and destroy the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).

Just two weeks ago, Elon Musk filed a lawsuit against the NLRB, claiming the agency that protects workers' rights is "the very definition of tyranny."1 This is nothing more than a billionaire's tantrum at being called out for creating a hostile environment for workers and infringing on their right to organize.

If Elon Musk's lawsuit is successful, it will gut the NLRB's ability to protect workers across all industries. But Congress has the power to protect the NLRB.

Sign the petition: Tell Congress to protect the NLRB and increase its funding.

After SpaceX workers circulated an open letter criticizing Musk for, among other things, "issuing inappropriate, disparaging, sexually charged comments on Twitter," Musk fired them, which is illegal under the National Labor Relations Act.2 The NLRB filed a complaint, and rather than own up to his bad behavior, Musk has chosen to attack the NLRB with baseless claims that the agency is unconstitutional.

Elon Musk is opening the door for the total erosion of worker protections. Congress has the ability to ensure the NLRB remains strong in the face of Musk's frivolous lawsuit. We need them to act now.
https://act.demandprogress.org/sign/musk-nlrb/

MeltingMan

...that there is no incentive to have a defective brand-name washing machine repaired when you can buy a new one for the same money. Throwaway society.  :frowning:

Ulrich

Banks... (the big ones).

https://act.ran.org/page/60362/petition/

QuoteBiodiversity collapse shouldn't be the business of banks, but that's exactly what many banks are causing. Our banking system is broken, and our governments are failing to act.

Banks like Citigroup, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Mizuho, Mitsubishi UFJ, Santander and Barclays are making billions of dollars in profits by enabling companies that are ripping through rainforests, turbo-charging climate change and harming local communities.

They're bankrolling some of the most destructive companies around — from beef companies like JBS clearing the Amazon, to palm oil giants like Sinar Mas destroying Orangutan habitat in Indonesia.