Hot! Hot! Hot!
Lets go to Bed
Close to Me
Why Cant I be You

Encore 3
A Forest
Boys Dont Cry

Robert closes with "See you again"

the following soundcheck for tonight (Sydney Night 2)

Plainsong
A Letter to Elise
How beautiful you are
Maybe Someday
Signal to Noise
Disintegration
Just Like Heaven

I believe the Soundcheck also doubled as the Myspace Secret Gig, so I posted there as well.

mikmcc

I am expecting their will be the 3rd encore

... but will they change it for the 2nd night?

boneheadhaggar

its nice to be nice

mikmcc

Well thats all Folks

we did see a change of teh final encore

I really love this setlist

Dirk_X

Cold

yeah, How beautiful you are made it in the setlist!! (expected after hear the 'Secret gig' set)  :D
How did the song sound in 2007, guys??

Elise, Figurehead, Strange day, Plainsong, Disintegration, Pictures...wow, nice setlist!! just a longer 3th encore ending with Faith and would be fantastic all around!!

devoblue

I screamed faith so loudly at robert after the first encore and during close to me that he did hear me both times, but to no avail, as expected.  I am so tired, I'll write more later. maybe.

f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

crowbi_wan

japanesebaby

very nice to see how beautiful you are and disintegration being played. and plainsong too...

but us or them? why? :(
i'd already hoped they had buried that somewhere that sun doesn't shine! i don't know why they keep playing it... it's rather decent (or at least listenable) on the album because you can actually hear what the guitars are playing there. but it's always been nothing but a couple of minutes of tedious and pointless noise-making when played live. an undetailed mess - and it's amystery to me why they do it because that's not what the cure is about...(?)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 10, 2007, 20:42:12
very nice to see how beautiful you are and disintegration being played. and plainsong too...

but us or them? why? :(
i'd already hoped they had buried that somewhere that sun doesn't shine! i don't know why they keep playing it... it's rather decent (or at least listenable) on the album because you can actually hear what the guitars are playing there. but it's always been nothing but a couple of minutes of tedious and pointless noise-making when played live. an undetailed mess - and it's amystery to me why they do it because that's not what the cure is about...(?)

I've got to agree with you here.  It's an okay album track, but blows live.  One would think they might mix in a few other songs from the self titled ablum instead of the same three over and over and over...  At least they through it in at the beginning instead of the end.  And speaking of the end, BDC was back in the final spot.  Still, looks like it was a fantastic show. 

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on August 10, 2007, 20:55:02
And speaking of the end, BDC was back in the final spot.  Still, looks like it was a fantastic show. 

haha yes it was but i consciously kept my mouth shut so that i wouldn't make people pissed by complaining about the same old things over and over again... hahaha  :-D
but thanks for bringing this important detail up. ;) :smth023

Quote from: crowbi_wan on August 10, 2007, 20:55:02
Still, looks like it was a fantastic show. 

sure it was.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

themurderchair

it was brilliant
absolutely brilliant
i was blown away
disintegration, the kiss, plainsong.... just wow
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Sussex

So nice..

Plain Song,Disintegration,A Letter to Elise...yes,great setlist so far... :rocker

but still can't beat the previous 2nd encore of the old old song.. ;)
"Thick As Shit"

devoblue

Quote from: Cold on August 10, 2007, 17:47:17
yeah, How beautiful you are made it in the setlist!! (expected after hear the 'Secret gig' set)  :D
How did the song sound in 2007, guys??

Robert said something like 'you can sing along if you know this one, and that goes for me too'.  Sounded great, but no, I didn't sing along, much.
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.