The Cure returning to the Studio

Started by dsanchez, April 11, 2018, 21:24:50

Previous topic - Next topic

tanyasmith

Ooops, I think it was "oh that's rubbish...you should see me on my off days," not bollocks.

Ulrich

No probs about the quote, the meaning is the same I guess.

Quote from: tanyasmith on June 12, 2018, 16:18:48
Awww, that's very reassuring. Ok, good. You remind me that Robert Smith is very sane.

Yeah well, that is a good question, is Robert actually sane:1f62e:
I mean, they used to call him "Mad Bob" for a reason.  :lol:

If not exactly "sane", I have the impression that Robert does think about what he does and says (not just when it comes to music).

In terms of whether Mary cooks for him, Robert claimed that "to see you eat in the middle of the night" was about Mary cooking for him in the morning (which felt like the middle of the night to him)

That's a nice story, I hadn't heard this before, thanks for sharing!  :smth023
Of course, a musician's life often consists of long nights and no "regular meals".

I wonder if all the drugs Robert did has affected his health? But I agree, he held up fabulously during the 2016 tour.

I think/hope Robert has not "overdone" the drugs thing, he had to pay a price, I guess. It was wise of him to "take a break" from time to time (like in '82, when he took off with Mary to the Lake District or wherever it was, to keep away from the band's lifestyle for a while).

But he seems alright now, so we shouldn't worry too much.  :cool
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Quote from: Ulrich on June 12, 2018, 17:24:13
Of course, a musician's life often consists of long nights

Well, in the other current interview from Time Out, he gives away this:
QuoteMeltdown is why Smith is doing press: this is only his second interview in the last five years. Not that he's reticent. In fact, he's a talker – voluble, combative, nostalgic, even occasionally blokey – despite being worn out after a (relatively) early start. 'These aren't my hours,' he warns. 'I normally go to bed between five and six in the morning and get up between one and two.'

Looks like he does just as he pleases, which is good for him.

piggymirror

Quote from: Ulrich on June 12, 2018, 17:24:13Yeah well, that is a good question, is Robert actually sane:1f62e:

Oh, don't worry, he is.

Perhaps not quite of this world, and grumpier than you'd think if things don't go his way, but very much sane.  ;)

Back to topic, the last news are that three unreleased songs were played at Meltdown:

-It Can Never Be The Same
-Step Into The Light
-A Boy I Never Knew (soundcheck only)

But this is hardly news... these have been played for some time now, particularly the latter...

Am I really hoping a new album? Not sure, and I'd say perhaps not.

Ulrich

Quote from: piggymirror on June 25, 2018, 07:36:28
Perhaps not quite of this world, and grumpier than you'd think if things don't go his way, but very much sane.  ;)

Ha ha, well said.

Quote from: piggymirror on June 25, 2018, 07:36:28
Am I really hoping a new album? Not sure, and I'd say perhaps not.

Any "new" songs were probably not ready for public presentation just yet. (And I guess Robert would not like to see them hitting youtube before he's finished off the lyrics etc.)

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on June 18, 2018, 11:47:19
I normally go to bed between five and six in the morning and get up between one and two

Wow! The very few times I did this I always felt like a zombie next day...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on June 25, 2018, 10:16:46
Wow! The very few times I did this I always felt like a zombie next day...

Well, Robert always does this, he's used to it of course. Hence his "these aren't my hours"...

tanyasmith

Wow, I never heard A Boy I Never Knew. My first guess is that this the boy he wished he could have had with Mary? She didn't want to have any when he asked her for them. She told him he wasn't responsible enough.  :lol: