Simon Gallup no longer in The Cure? (False)

Started by dsanchez, August 14, 2021, 22:43:22

Previous topic - Next topic

figurehead

He is back

. & -

And now just waiting for the real news (album announcement)
'Is It Always Like This?'

SueC

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 17:35:41
Quote from: SueC on October 18, 2021, 16:05:53They also haven't confirmed anyone else is in the band.  :angel

No need to troll @SueC :)

Interesting definition of trolling. I think being accused of trolling when you're not is a form of trolling. I also think making over-extended generalisations that misrepresent some of the people present in this discussion is a form of trolling.

I don't think pointing out something obvious and pertaining to the logic of the discussion is trolling. I was playing the ball - contributing to/critiquing the arguments - while you're crossing over into playing the persons, myself included - first by misrepresenting them, and then by suggesting I am a troll. Not a way to treat a keen contributor to this forum who cares about the people present, yourself included. I think you owe me an apology.

You're welcome to your opinions, as is everyone. But crossing the line like this is not OK.

You've accused me of trolling before when I pointed out that tennis player Taylor Fritz could be made up to look like a young Robert Smith, when you asked us who we thought could play the young RS in a movie. I thought that was incredible too. You didn't like my answer, for whatever reason, and therefore I was a troll...

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

A definition of "trolling":
Quotethe act of leaving an insulting message on the internet in order to annoy someone

As mentioned further above, I don't see it here, as it was a reply to an on-topic comment.

I think it's best to close this topic now, until any official statement will come (and maybe this will never happen).
I'm walking slowly and quickly, but always away...

dsanchez

Thanks, better this way Ulrich. By the way, the definition of trolling is more extense than the one quoted, and for the record I personally didn't take that comment as insult.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo