What made you annoyed today?

Started by Aarna, July 01, 2007, 19:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

I was looking at the forum stats and noticed that the "Something else forum" is the most visited section during this month. And it pissed me off cause this section was created just as an adittional section, as the less important in this forum, and seems we don't have Cure topics to talk anymore?. I mean, there's an upcoming tour and lot of things to talk about, it kinds makes me sad.

Ahh...and also this karma thing. Makes me annoyed that some people take it sooo seriously.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

Quote from: Steve on October 12, 2007, 12:39:42
Annoyed today because I appear to have sciatica which is casing me intense pain in my back & left leg when I try to stand or sit (or generally move around actually).
Never had pain like this before (other than tooth aches) & I am actually a bit scared :cry:

Looks like I'm not playing pool tonight then  :?

Steve,I had suffered sciatica on and off for many years.. triggered off by pregnacy and carrying babies.. ( i guess this is not your cause??!!) I cannot take anti-inflammoatories etc.. they only make it worse.. what I found to help.. acupuncture, and gentle physio excerses ..I can send u PM to explain more if u like.. basically; The sciatic nerve runs from the lower L4 & L5 spinal vertibrae in lower back, pressing on nerve, then travelling down leg.. need help or advice, let me know.. There was a point in my life I couldn't sit, stand or even sleep on that side.. still buggers me today.  :smth023

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

@Lara
You are very kind. :-*
I have some stretching excersises to do & "elephant dosage" pain killers for the moment.
I'm going to England next week & don't want to be unable to go up & down stairs or worry about involuntary bladder releases (which I also know can happen) :cry:
Most of all, I want to enjoy the Siouxsie Sioux gig without passing out with the pain.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Janko

THIS:

levinhurst played a strategically billed show at midnight after the mountainview show in a small tavern in san francisco (35 miles away from the download fest.

only 3 cure fans showed up (me and the two friends i brought with)! the other patrons were 10 drunken frat kids having beers at the bar.

the set was very dreamy, sweet, melodic. cindy's voice is like thick honey dripping evenly down lol's electronic beats and loops. they closed up their set with 'a forest'. i also picked up their 2 CD's: hypnotically soothing, non-evasive music for a long drive back home. best part was being able to sit and talk with cindy and lol after they hopped off stage. they're both extremely down to earth and friendly. hope there's more LOL love this thursday in los angeles...we'll definitely be there again!

FROM CHAIN OF FLOWERS
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on October 12, 2007, 15:35:48
I was looking at the forum stats and noticed that the "Something else forum" is the most visited section during this month. And it pissed me off cause this section was created just as an adittional section, as the less important in this forum, and seems we don't have Cure topics to talk anymore?. I mean, there's an upcoming tour and lot of things to talk about, it kinds makes me sad.

Ahh...and also this karma thing. Makes me annoyed that some people take it sooo seriously.

aahhhh yes.... i think we just need to cheer up and get things rolling into right direction again here.
we need more cure!  :rocker

@steve: hope your back gets better. that kind of thing really sucks.  :?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

Quote from: scatcat on October 12, 2007, 15:55:20

Steve,I had suffered sciatica on and off for many years.. triggered off by pregnacy and carrying babies.. ( i guess this is not your cause??!!) I cannot take anti-inflammoatories etc.. they only make it worse.. what I found to help.. acupuncture, and gentle physio excerses ..I can send u PM to explain more if u like.. basically; The sciatic nerve runs from the lower L4 & L5 spinal vertibrae in lower back, pressing on nerve, then travelling down leg.. need help or advice, let me know.. There was a point in my life I couldn't sit, stand or even sleep on that side.. still buggers me today.  :smth023

:smth020

While this is off topic, it is still an issue that effects one of our members.  When one is ailing, we should all help out, even if it is words of encouragement.

This post from scatcat is a PERFECT example of when to click applaud for a member.  Excellent.

Cure Freak

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 11, 2007, 21:15:02
(before i say anything: no i am not shooting at anyone here. i'm trying to say something in a hope that it would makes things better for everyone. so please try to understand me without getting instantly on the edge or something.)

I like being on this forum alot. There are fans from all over and everyone  has there own say and opioions. I like the way the forum is laid out. I've belong to a couple of Cure boards, in the past/And I hasve to say this the most constructive one I've been on. But, I'm becoming somewhat depressed. coming into this off topic section. I hate to see it turn into an all out spam section. Which I have seen exist on non Cure boards. I maybe partly the blame for this happening (sensless threads). And I've had bad expereinces with such spam sections on boards.
And, I hope not to have it here. I really like this place.

j

And that is exactly what we are trying to prevent here!!  As I said before, the mods here are all former members of other boards.  We have all had bad experiences there.  That is why we try to keep this place in good working order. :smth023

silversand

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 12, 2007, 10:45:48

thanks for your comment, silversand.  :smth001

yes, i didn't meant o "attack" all off-topic threads/posts here. but i want to be frank and honest with this because i believe it'll help us all here: what i've started to sense here is exactly the similar kind of pattern that is going on on the official site. the weird over-reacting/drama creating/paranoia towards everything:
a world where you can't trust anyone because you don't know who everyone is - which typical in the official site where people have a million different characters/usernames, mostly just for drama-creating purposes.  :smth011
a world where you can't trust the mods because they are just about to stab you in the back anyway - typical for the official site again (because yes, they WILL stab you there, i know this from personal experience).  :smth011
etc.
and all that, it just doesn't belong here on curefans.
let's not bring it in here - we don't want it and we don't need it.

i think a lot of us have experiences from really badly run cure sites/forums. the official site is one of the worst but there are others too, as many of know. we all like it here in this place, because this place was put up as an alternative to all those depressing places.
what i've been worried about here lately is that some people seem to have forgotten that not every site has to be like those crap sites. not every forum "needs to" have those kind of aggressive attitudes and depressive "watch your back" kind of atmosphere. it's not something that a cure forum necessarily "has to" have. there surely are these shit places that have it, but not here!
we can choose to say "f*ck that" to all that crap and have a nice place here instead.

we all make this place for what it is. this place does not exist without the people who create the atmosphere and visit here daily and contribute to this ongoing project called curefans.com. and since we create this together, so we all must also take responsibility of it, we have to care about it and nurture it together. so let's cut the crap and try to see what the purpose of this place is.

so that's what i meant when i said "everyone's welcome but leave your attitudes at the door", please.
let's keep this place like it always was, the way we all love it.

:smth001

(what it has to do with off-topic threads: another pattern i see coming from the official site is the attitude to turn every thread to a chat thread and veer everything off-topic after 2 posts. again, some chattier stuff is ok sometimes and we all enjoy it to certain degree, but let's not make it a habit. this is an organized forum that aims to offer information to fans of this band and we need to keep things in order here. people don't need to post "just something" just for the sake of it - please do post if you have something to say, something to contribute but let's not fill this entire place with some kind of 24/7 chat line atmosphere. again, this is not the curefans i've grown to know and like and love. let's keep things running in a sophisticated and organized manner, that way it will be nice to us all. :smth001)

you're welcome japanesebaby :)

That is what i've meant :).This forum shouldn't be like the forums where you're opinion is not accepted and someone let loose on you, because you've e.g. written something wrong in his/her opinion. Or some people are getting hysterical or aggressiv. I'm also on another Cure forum and there is also a friendly and nice atmosphere like here. I think we shouldn't give that up - that would be sad :(

ROGUE

Thanx Cure Freak,  :smth006

Get well soon Steve.

i agree with your first post Silversand, it must be hard being a moderator, and applaud them totally, I guess iam of the thinking
'If it aint broke, dont fix it', keep it simple.

The other site, (official) is like the dramatic opposite to here.

But we all have feelings and opinions, and i just dont see what is so important about this 'karma' thing, if it is making people feel bad ?

But, hopefully it will all work out, for everybody.  :smth023

Its nice to have somewhere to feel comfortable, some where to escape to, and being made feel valid- even if not. Meaning iam new and all that.

Its just nice to feel we are all equal. ?

Dont want to cause drama, am not paranoid. But am perceptive and do read.

ok onto topic, annoyed because i dont feel like i used to, being here. I want to though !! nothing to do with karma, just "feelings, nothing more than feelings."

:shock: Anyway iam sure someone will lighten it up and make me laugh soon  :lol:   Pre- Thank You for that.

p.s. Steve pass me one of those 'elephant sedatives' pwease.  Take it easy get well soon.

psichonaut

this morning i was driving my car, not fast, going out from a shopping center, suddenly i stopped my car because a man with a shopping-cart was crossing the street watching in all directions, but not at me.
Then i said "Hey, watch me too". but what i don't understand is the reason why he got angry...wrong thread?
what annoyed me? i didn't ran down him and instead i should did it :evil:
Thanks my Lord....i'm unbeliever

Steve

Quote from: psichonaut on October 13, 2007, 14:58:24
this morning i was driving my car, not fast, going out from a shopping center, suddenly i stopped my car because a man with a shopping-cart was crossing the street watching in all directions, but not at me.
Then i said "Hey, watch me too". but what i don't understand is the reason why he got angry...wrong thread?
Happens to me every week at the super market.
Just run them down Marco. Their fault for not looking right? ;)
Cheers
Steve

psichonaut

Quote from: Steve on October 14, 2007, 00:08:15
Quote from: psichonaut on October 13, 2007, 14:58:24
Happens to me every week at the super market.
Just run them down Marco. Their fault for not looking right? ;)
:smth023 next time :-D
Thanks my Lord....i'm unbeliever

ROGUE

:lol: :twisted: :lol:

Strange mood for me,  toothache- had to start Friday night no dentist open over weekend- well not mine,  and its killing me.
Really annoying.

But on the flip side iam enjoying being here again, Just have learnt what to avoid.  :smth023

Glad Farfar is ok  :D

Steve

Spyware :evil: :evil:
Spent 2 hours this morning trying to get the stuff off the PC & it still wants to hijack my browser & get me to download some s0ddin antivirus software.
@rogue
Thx for the PM, strangely, your avatar looks live an advert to download antivirus software :? (on my screen anyway).
Prolly my end that's a problem, but worth checking your end too
Cheers
Steve