2009.04.17 Las Vegas, NV - Pearl Concert Theater at The Palms (USA)

Started by crowbi_wan, February 24, 2009, 02:29:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Trust...

Quote from: nosigner on April 18, 2009, 15:26:15
simon got pissed because he found out he had to pay almost §200 for a ticket. and then things got even worse when he found out that it was going to be a pretty regular set, he freaked out. can't blame him  :-D

Strange ???
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

japanesebaby

:-D
hi j :smth006 it was nice to mett you, hope you had a safe flight home

Quote from: j on April 18, 2009, 10:09:46
WTF?  Apparently Simon got pissed off that he fucked up playing on A Forest and they never came back out for the last 2 encores.  They were supposed to play the old school encore, then Faith.  Thanks Simon!

yeah that was weird - what is/was wrong with simon?  :smth017
the first encore was awesome: the kiss was truly amazing, the best i've ever heard live :rocker then the second encore was already messed up (not just a forest but most of the other songs too) - and then they never came back on stage at all...
was it just(?) simon being pissed off or was there or curfew or something?
at some point robert said 'the night is young, it's going to be a long evening' so everyone was surely expecting more than just two encores.
besides, when they left the stage after 'a forest' robert didn't say anything, no thanks, nothing. he never leaves the stage like that so i think they were clearly going to come up on stage again.

anyway, a great night, nevertheless. some highlights for myself were 'the kiss', 'from the edge of...' (a great version!), 'pictures of you', and 'want'. oh and of course: no 'the only one'  - and no 'freakshow'.  :lol: 

it was nice to meet everyone at the palms. :D  :smth039

ok, we're off to red rocks with brian. then he'll auditioning for chippendales later tonight.  :smth023 ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

about the possible 11 pm curfew (IF there was one, like said, i don't know for sure):
according to the ticket/advert the showtime was 8 pm but they didn't start until around 8:45 pm.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Quote from: j on April 18, 2009, 14:40:24
Sample from last night

Come on, can't you put at least a little imagination into your filenames?  Didn't you remember that's the exact same name as the sample of Philadelphia '08 you sent me?  :smth043

Quote from: fiction on April 18, 2009, 17:11:16A rather dull version but then it might be just a trick of the soundquality. Was it a good show?

Sounds like a great performance to me, but the sound of the bass is really messy — like it was too loud and echoing all over the place. Don't think that's Jeff's fault, though.

Did it really sound like that everywhere in the venue?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 18, 2009, 18:49:55
But hey, they didn't play The Only One! :shock:

That was one of my highlights!  :lol:

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 18, 2009, 19:24:23
Quote from: fiction on April 18, 2009, 17:11:16A rather dull version but then it might be just a trick of the soundquality. Was it a good show?

Sounds like a great performance to me, but the sound of the bass is really messy — like it was too loud and echoing all over the place. Don't think that's Jeff's fault, though.

Did it really sound like that everywhere in the venue?

I was a pretty good show.  The start was really nice with Underneath The Stars > Prayers For Rain > A Strange Day.  After that things got really boring and predictable.  I was hoping and really figured a few more album tracks from the 4:13 would be on the set.  No biggie, though.  The band sounded great!  And that certainly made the "show" better.  There was a big f*ck up at the start of Inbetween Days.  I think Robert thought they were playing Push since he grabbed his electric and they always play Push before Inbetween Days.  He joked about it after, saying something about how he didn't need to introduce songs because everyone knew them.  but then maybe he should since they don't know them.  :P  Want was great to hear again and in my opinion saved the show (along with The Kiss).  I prefer it early in the set, but it works later.  Hungry ghost is always nice.  Strange to not have the images and spinning lights during one Hundred Years.  Best part of the show was The Kiss.  What a great live song and they nailed it.  :rocker I think there's already been some talk about Simon being in a bad mood.  He sure seemed like it.  Spitting loogies in the air during Shake Dog Shake, Throwing his bass to the ground after The Kiss, no bass outro during A Forest.  Not sure what his deal was or if it had anything to do with them not coming back for the planned third and fourth encores.  :smth017  That's one theory.  The other is an 11:00 curfew.  They came on 45 minutes late and it looked like a three hour set.  Can't really do that when you start so late and "if" there's a curfew.  Not sure if there was or not.  It was just really odd for Robert to not give the standard "Thank 'Q", "It was f*cking excellent", and "See you again" before leaving for good.  Makes me wonder if they pulled the plug.  Could have been that Simon refused to go on.  I don't know and i didn't like it. 

Fun times, though.  Nice to have seen j and jb again.  Also to have met so many others.  :smth006

Oh, and it didn't sound echoey in the theater, but my recording is that way, too.  The low end is a real mess.  Of course it didn't help that I kept having to move due to the constant chatter of drunks EVERYWHERE!  :twisted:  Another thing about the sound, the stacks were set wider than the theater floor.  Made it difficult to figure where to stand.  Didn't like that one bit.  Maybe I should have just stood in the middle for balance purposes instead of trying to get near the stacks in order to avoid crows noise.  It was impossible to not pick up chatter, so perhaps I made the wrong decision there.  Oh well.  In the end I'm happy with where I stood to watch the show. 

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 18, 2009, 19:05:31
ok, we're off to red rocks with brian. then he'll auditioning for chippendales later tonight.  :smth023 ;)

Oh yeah.  Time to grind on the ladies.  :lol:

jbud1980

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 18, 2009, 19:11:50
about the possible 11 pm curfew (IF there was one, like said, i don't know for sure):
according to the ticket/advert the showtime was 8 pm but they didn't start until around 8:45 pm.

how can there be a curfew in a city that never sleeps?

fiction

again and again and again and again and again and...

thegoouch

does anybody know what the simon thing was about?I have heard rumors,
but want to know if i need to be worried?

pink ego box

The entire night was full of annoyances.
Did any of you go into the pit when they opened the doors. omg what a nightmare!! I'm surprised someone didnt get killed. They need to fix how they run things there.
Full of rude people like some gigantic guy and the girl he was with. ugh.

Thanks to my niece and sis they got front row on Simon's side a little to his left.
Yes Simon was in a strange mood the whole night. He smiled at us at the start of the show and said something and gave us weird silly looks randomly. But he wasn't his usual cheerful eye glaring self on stage. He ran around more than normal, drank a lot more and danced more. He got really annoyed on the 1st encore and played the ending of The Kiss like he was bored and threw his bass down.
Didn't finsih A Forest either.
:(

j

Quote from: pink ego box on April 19, 2009, 00:37:13
The entire night was full of annoyances.
Did any of you go into the pit when they opened the doors. omg what a nightmare!! I'm surprised someone didnt get killed. They need to fix how they run things there.
Full of rude people like some gigantic guy and the girl he was with. ugh.

Yeah, the first couple sets of stairs were treacherous with everyone pushing.  I thought for sure someone was going to fall and get trampled.

lostflower4

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 18, 2009, 18:49:55
WTF?  Apparently Simon got pissed off that he fucked up playing on A Forest and they never came back out for the last 2 encores.  They were supposed to play the old school encore, then Faith.  Thanks Simon!

That's too bad... But hey, they didn't play The Only One! :shock:

I think I have to declare this the best show since Mexico 2007, just for that alone.  :lol:

Scratch that. I was simply going by memory and got confused when someone recently provided me with a false date for the Mountain View Download Festival in 2007, which featured the debut of The Only One.

As the Mexico shows came AFTER the Download Fest, the last show to not feature The Only One (not counting Vegas) would be Auckland 2007. Ah, what a great show that must have been.  8)

sullen

just got back 
im still in a daze
will write a review later
disappointing show/encores
great weekend overall

have fun at coachella tonight
wish i was there
:smth020

dsanchez

Apparently Simon got pissed off that he fucked up playing on A Forest

Except for the short outro, to me it looks like a good version of A forest. It didn't seem to me like he made any mistake throught the song.

What wonders me is why Porl left the stage before the rest...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

fiction

Quote from: dsanchez on April 19, 2009, 17:42:08

Yeah that looked odd. Maybe one of his heels broke :!:
again and again and again and again and again and...

Trust...

Quote from: fiction on April 19, 2009, 18:43:58
Quote from: dsanchez on April 19, 2009, 17:42:08

Yeah that looked odd. Maybe one of his heels broke :!:

So weird ?? I hope everything is goanne be allright with the band, I guess we will see it this night or tomorrow.
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x