Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Sussex

Mogwai - 2 Rights Make 1 Wrong
"Thick As Shit"

soulmate

fiction

Screaming Tribesmen - Date with A Vampyre (aussie-rock at its best)
again and again and again and again and again and...

lostflower4

Quote from: Sussex on January 15, 2009, 08:57:12Mogwai - 2 Rights Make 1 Wrong

Am I the only one who thinks this song sounds an awful lot like "Breathe" by The Cure? Sure, it's not exactly the same — but there are some eerie similarities, aside from the basic chord progression being the same and such.

Really, I think one could almost sing the lyrics to "Breathe" right over it.

Here's a good version from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q5NOdEgIHQ&fmt=18

This version is better quality, but the instrumentation is a bit different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8mC8zd_CbI&fmt=18

A very sad song, in my opinion.

fiction

Wooden Shjips. This band is a beautiful mix of Suicide, Doors and Iron Butterfly.

jbud1980

Vermicide-The Mars Volta  :smth020

rubcure

Dreamland Radio... Cure 24/7!  :smth020
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

alt.end

radiohead - in rainbows cd2

dsanchez

One of the greatest songs I've ever heard...

New Order - Temptation

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

fiction

Quote from: dsanchez on January 20, 2009, 22:53:05
New Order - Temptation

Yeah it´s great but I prefer Blue Monday.
Listenin´ to The Crazy World of Arthur Brown and the goldieoldie "Fire".

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on January 20, 2009, 23:04:13
Quote from: dsanchez on January 20, 2009, 22:53:05
New Order - Temptation

Yeah it´s great

to me 'temptation' is just a cheap re-make/rip-off of a certain joy division song. :roll: they just speeded it up (and added less intelligent/interesting lyrics, as it always goes with new order).
never cared about new order - and like i might have said elsewhere, sumner's "singing" makes me want to tear my hair... i respect his input and all he contributed in JD, but as a singer he simply is totally talentless.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 20, 2009, 23:14:22
to me 'temptation' is just a cheap re-make/rip-off of a certain joy division song.
never cared about new order - and like i might have said elsewhere, sumner's "singing" makes me want to tear my hair...

Ya ya... Bitchin´ all the way to the bar?  :smth014

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on January 20, 2009, 23:20:37
Quote from: japanesebaby on January 20, 2009, 23:14:22
to me 'temptation' is just a cheap re-make/rip-off of a certain joy division song.
never cared about new order - and like i might have said elsewhere, sumner's "singing" makes me want to tear my hair...

Ya ya... Bitchin´ all the way to the bar?  :smth014

:?:

to avoid misunderstandings...
i don't mind if people like new order, that's fine. i've no problem with that, nor am i trying to make people agree with me or whatever. none of that.
i was just voicing a personal opinion (because i thought it might be food for conversation), nothing more.
(i don't know why people should only post if they agree about something, and why posting a different/opposite opinion should be seen as a mere complaint/trying to start an argument or something. because i was not intending either one.)

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 20, 2009, 23:27:18
to avoid misunderstandings...
i don't mind if people like new order, that's fine. i've no problem with that, nor am i trying to make people agree with me or whatever. none of that.
i was just voicing a personal opinion (because i thought it might be food for conversation), nothing more.
nevermind.

To avoid misunderstandings...

I didn´t mean it in any harms way. It was more a way of tease You a bit. That´s why I put on the emoticons. To make it look a little less angry (even if I took one pair that curses).

sorry

japanesebaby

ok sorry i guess i got you wrong - i interpreted the emoticon in a completely opposite way (typical problems of online communication).

anyway, regardless of whether or not one liked new order/mr. sumner, i think the song is an obvious JD re-make/rip-off. therefore perhaps not a very original one.