Megaupload

Started by dsanchez, August 12, 2005, 23:07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

This was recommended from Bartabas in the "Other voices" subforum. It seems this service is better than yousendit.com cos it does not allow to block the files after downloading (some bad users may download the gig and then block the files)

http://www.megaupload.com/

The only limit is that just allow to upload files up to 250 MB (but this is far enough for a mp3 gig).

Cheers

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Tristan Berlin

Thanks Dave. I think i will use this-one in the future because I had some troubles with "yousendit" in the last time. Unfortunatly megaupload is very slow but if it's more safer than it's okay.

DontMoove

I agree with you but you please note that YSI had a free download manager that prevent troubles and make download easier and faster...
JP

boo

took me yesterday 1 1/2 hrs to download a 16mb file from megaupload..... not too impressed :(

dsanchez

hmmm...I just downloaded a 6.1 MB file in 10 minutes....dont think it's a megaupload issue..  :roll:

Quote from: bootook me yesterday 1 1/2 hrs to download a 16mb file from megaupload..... not too impressed :(
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

blue

I think, it is much better to use faster www.yousendit.com
and follow me to where the real fun is

How the end always is

I think too...megaupload is too much slow..(for a concert 6hours  :shock: )

harrold

Hola David,  :)

thanks for the info but I have the same problem as the others with megaupload, it was extremely slow which wouldn't have been so much trouble for me (I could wait until the files uploaded), moreover uploading process was broken several times when I tried to upload last night (GMT+1). Anyway I 'll be trying of course and "never never never never never never give up"!  :D
"...the kiss is dry and it's not the same you... "

arielcc

i have lost the chance to download several shows i dont have because this "megaslow thing" it takes a life for a 100 mb file althought i have a fast connection! (36 hours for a show!!!!)
i prefer you sent it!!

ariel

splitmilk34

agreed... I have a T3 broadband connection and megaupload is STILL the slowest.  We're talking 6kb/s... outside of the Hotel Conrad show, I refuse to download from megaupload.
"... sleeping less every night"

japanesebaby

i agree, it is just impossible...
weird because i just recently got started around here and i'm already thinking about going on strike (not that anyone should care but...)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

gioez

Megaupload? Too slow.
Yousendit? Support only 25 downloads...
It's difficult to say what's better way to download.
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

cult_hero

but don't forget: 250 mb for free! sometimes the upload/download-rate is quite good...

japanesebaby

yes, personally i want to take back some of my previous bitter words, because recently i've noticed that the upload/download rate really varies a lot sometimes: today i might get a 9+ hour estimate on some file but if i try again tomorrow it might be less than 2 hours with the same file...
so it's just a matter of waiting around for the best download opportunity sometimes but since there is no limited number of downloads on megaupload that doesn't matter so much, at least i have adapted to it
- and of course, it's for free
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

gioez

Dear all,
in last period I had a lot of problems in uploading shows with Megaupload. I mean that the uploading process stops after few minutes (only 2 or 3 MB). I tried with IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
It's only a problem of my connection or someone else have it?
If I don't resolve this problem I can't share anything!!!! 
Someone can help me? :smth100

Thanks
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]