Is this forum dead?!

Started by Janko, September 24, 2009, 19:21:33

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

I know that my activity has dropped as well, inevitably, but despite an
earlier announcement, the move of curefans didn't materialize to date
and I wonder why. This is no criticism but just a comment. You've already
criticized me for (re-)opening threads. This led to a certain kind of self-censorship.
Is that what you and maybe others want? I don't know. I'm not half as engaged like
e.g. Susanna but I refused to have an fb account, for good reasons. Somebody missed
a proper fan reaction here in 2009 and I felt the same at times. No reason for argument.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Quote from: MeltingMan on July 26, 2017, 18:40:51
I know that my activity has dropped as well, inevitably, but despite an
earlier announcement, the move of curefans didn't materialize to date
and I wonder why.

apologies for the lack of communication on this, this is my bad. But the forum is currently running in another server, which is much faster and secure. This was step one, and step two would be the upgrade. I still need to find time to do this, pretty busy at work plus Slowdive (my other favorite band) is very active this year so my time for The Cure is a bit reduced (shame on me!)... but I promise to come here every day and post a few things every week. Long life to The Cure and long life to Curefans.com! :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SusannaRS

I'm not half as engaged like
e.g. Susanna

Is that me?
I'm sorry if I disappeared but I've never written so much anyway. But I read the forum quite often.

I don't think it is dead, it's just hibernated. I'm sure it will emerge soon when news from the band will be released.

And thanks to David and to all the others who keep it alive
Lets my memory be perverted to the uses    
Of lying and oppression.    
My lovers and their children must not be dispossessed of me;
I would be the untarnished possession forever
Of those for whom I lived.
(Spoon River Anthology, E.L.M.)

Ulrich

You've already criticized me for (re-)opening threads. This led to a certain kind of self-censorship.

This was not really meant as "criticism", just a thought - wouldn't it be easier to create a new topic instead of posting in an old 2009 thread (talking about "strange posts" which are long deleted)?  :?
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Now I think this forum is (un)dead, users online in the last few days included "Nosferat" and "deadkarma".  :lol:

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on July 29, 2017, 11:56:17
Now I think this forum is (un)dead, users online in the last few days included "Nosferat" and "deadkarma".  :lol:

the forum is not dead... people is just depressed cause there are not much Cure news lately. There are always shy people watching at the forum but not posting. As Cure news will arrive (a 2018 Tour?) then there will be more activity ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on November 01, 2017, 05:25:58
Quote from: Ulrich on July 29, 2017, 11:56:17

the forum is not dead...

I know, I was joking ("Nosferat" sounding a bit like a vampire, aka one of the "undead")...
Of course, in times with no news it will be pretty quiet. Each forum has lots of readers and not so many who do post, that is pretty normal.
But I got to say, despite no news, it's been pretty busy here recently!  :smth023