2008.05.19 Kansas City - Starlight Theatre (USA)

Started by dsanchez, September 13, 2007, 16:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

j

Info on the Starlight:

http://www.kcstarlight.com/FileUploads/Starlight%20Tech%20Pack.pdf

Seats 8105.  Presale started today using the password INBETWEEN.  Tomorrow's password is ROCK.

general onsale is Saturday.

j

Got the scoop from the venue....midnight curfew, non-professional cameras allowed.  Show starts at 7.

nosigner

so, no-one reporting tonight from kansas?
dorothy? toto?
"looking for love in a trashcan"

j

I will be reporting from KC tonight.  I have arrived at my hotel, and should be meeting up with another curefans member, who shall remain anonymous  :smth080

Here's to hoping some things get changed up tonight, although since this is the first Cure sure in this neck of the woods, I wouldn't be surprised to see only "the hits", which would mean no Faith :smth011

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on May 19, 2008, 20:42:35
I will be reporting from KC tonight.  I have arrived at my hotel, and should be meeting up with another curefans member, who shall remain anonymous  :smth080

hmm who could that be... :smth017  ;)

have a great time, all of you over there...  :smth023
(i'm afraid i'm off to bed so it's another missed live live coverage for me :?: but as i was working 10 hours straight today and there's another 10+ coming up tomorrow - i'm afraid it means i can't hang around up until 4.30 am...)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

Thanks jb. I'm sure you know who I was referring to! :smth023

I know all about the work/sleep schedule.  For Rosemont, I was at the bar after the show until 12:30, then screwed around on this site until 1:30 or so.  I was back up at 3:30 to get to the airport for a 6am flight back home.  I was supposed to go to work after that, but needless to say I didn't make it yesterday.

Then, I had a 6am flight this morning to KC, and have a 7am flight back home tomorrow!  (note to self....stop taking flights first thing in the morning!)

j

Just saw this from RS on the official site:

THANKS
5/18/2008 10:15:51 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

TO ALL THOSE WISHING GET WELL STUFF AND ALL THE SUPPORT SO FAR... I PICKED UP A COLDBUGTYPETHING SOMEWHERE IN CANADA... KILLED MY THROAT FOR THE CHICAGO CONCERT... I ALMOST RAN OUT OF NOTES...
BUT HAVING SPENT A QUIET DAY SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW I HOPE TO BE BACK WAILING AWAY TOMORROW NIGHT AT THE STARLIGHT...
SEE SOME OF YOU THERE!
RSX

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on May 19, 2008, 20:54:02
Thanks jb. I'm sure you know who I was referring to! :smth023

I know all about the work/sleep schedule.  For Rosemont, I was at the bar after the show until 12:30, then screwed around on this site until 1:30 or so.  I was back up at 3:30 to get to the airport for a 6am flight back home.  I was supposed to go to work after that, but needless to say I didn't make it yesterday.

Then, I had a 6am flight this morning to KC, and have a 7am flight back home tomorrow!  (note to self....stop taking flights first thing in the morning!)

I'll be having myself one of those 6am flights on Wednesday.  :smth100  I think the rest of my flights are a bit later (please be later).  That Denver one was cheap and about the only one I could get to where I wanted, when I needed. 

j

Yup, they seem like a good idea when you book it, but then when you realize that you won't get back to the hotel from the show until at least midnight and need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight, you kind of need to weigh your options...have a few drinks after the show or go to bed.  Somehow Mr. Beer always wins that one! :smth030

Soxguy

Quote from: j on May 19, 2008, 22:40:05
Yup, they seem like a good idea when you book it, but then when you realize that you won't get back to the hotel from the show until at least midnight and need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight, you kind of need to weigh your options...have a few drinks after the show or go to bed.  Somehow Mr. Beer always wins that one! :smth030

haha...were u at maxies or maxines??? the wyndam "sports" bar with 1 TV...haha  me and my pals stopped in for a few pints also.  for all u know u looked right at us...i was sitting right in the middle with a red Huskers shirt on.  lot of "Betties" out last night. most of them hanging abercrombie kids..haha 

ur awesome pal!  lates
"...Ambition in the back of a black Car"

dsanchez

Quote from: j on May 19, 2008, 20:42:35

:-D The hollow man. The legend says no-one have seen his face so far...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

Quote from: Soxguy on May 19, 2008, 22:46:12

haha...were u at maxies or maxines??? the wyndam "sports" bar with 1 TV...haha  me and my pals stopped in for a few pints also.  for all u know u looked right at us...i was sitting right in the middle with a red Huskers shirt on.  lot of "Betties" out last night. most of them hanging abercrombie kids..haha 

ur awesome pal!  lates

Were you talking to the guy from Kansas City?  Was he on your left?

Soxguy

Quote from: j on May 19, 2008, 23:31:04
Quote from: Soxguy on May 19, 2008, 22:46:12

ur awesome pal!  lates

Were you talking to the guy from Kansas City?  Was he on your left?

if i was talking, i probably wasn't making much sense... :smth043

i was sitting with my boyzz who were getting their faces stuffed by pizza pie.  the fact that i almost got to see the famous "j" was good enough for me. :smth045

peace ouuuut!!!!
"...Ambition in the back of a black Car"

j

You probably did see me.  Were you there when a cougar was originally on the side of the bar opposite the tv, then came to the other side and would not stop talking to a guy in a black shirt?  She was wearing a fishnet type black shirt and looked like a grandmother.  If so, that was me she was all over. :smth007 :smth005 :smth078

dsanchez

Anyone using the curefans.com shirt? :roll:

Honestly, it was very useful when we were in Paris. Actually, crowbi_wan recognized us in the Paris metro (where are thousands of people as you can imagine) because I was wearing the shirt. Same near Bercy, and even inside the concert (soulmate). Just a thought... :)

Ahh!...also in Oberhausen. I could meet silversand because I was wearing the curefans shirt. Otherwise it would have been impossible.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo