Megaupload, is thre a way to trick the restriction?

Started by Mad Bob RJS, May 14, 2008, 06:05:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Bob RJS

Hi, all the fans in Latinamerica have a problem everytime we try to download from megaupload, "all the host available for your country are busy, so try later or install the megaupload tool bar for free download"

It is obvious this tool is spyware, so, is there a way to break this restriction?

I hope anyone could help on this.

Thanx in advance.

...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Visit me @ http://madbobrjscure.blogspot.com/

Steve

One way I tried, but it doesn't work every time, is to use something like google language tools to translate the link.
Quote1. Go to the Google Translate tool. Here you'll find two sections : Translate Text and Translate a Web Page.

2. In the Translate a Web Page text box, paste your megaupload download link. Select the translation of your choice and hit the Translate button to load the megaupload file download page.

Try German or something else until you get a slot.

Or, if you use Firefox, try
Quote1. Install the Firefox addon named User Agent Switcher88.

2. Once installed, go to Tools >> User Agent Switcher >> Options >> Options.
The User Agents Switcher Options window is displayed.

3. Select User Agents from the list in the leftmost part of your screen.

4. Click Add to add a new user agent and type these details in the resulting window:
a. In the Description box type : MEGAUPLOAD
b. In the User Agent box type : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Alexa Toolbar)

5. Click OK twice to close the two windows and finish adding the new user agent.

So how do you use it from here? Just before you download a file from Megaupload, go to
Tools >> User Agent Switcher >> MEGAUPLOAD.
You can always set the user agent back to default after your download is complete.

Update for Firefox 2
Someone has commented90 the same thing can be done without using the Firefox User Agent add-on :

Type in the address bar this: about:config
Then search for this key: general.useragent.extra.firefox
Double click on it and add this: MEGAUPLOAD 1.0
So at the end it will look like this: Firefox/2.0 MEGAUPLOAD 1.0
Restart Firefox and now you have infinite slots.

If you want to do it with IE, then you need to mess about with the registry, which could end up in tears if you're not sure what you're doing.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php