The Cure or your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Started by dsanchez, July 13, 2005, 22:27:38

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

I wake up every morning and play loud PUSH. This songs brings me energies and it's a great way to start a day ;). Another could be DOING THE UNSTUCK. But probably I will move in the following weeks with my girlfriend, which just like a few Cure songs, but I dont know how she would take this about me listening the greatest band everytime, in every corner, and very loud.

How do you guys deal with this?..I am curious ;)

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Anonymous

Although my wife used to be a big fan,  the enthusiasm really waned after Wish...
She still enjoys some of the pop curestuff, but hasn't ebjoyed the more guitar style.  The truth is,  we rarely play it at home anymore, and frankly, I don't find it healthy for my two young children to listen to the negativity - If they want to find comfort later on when they can understand the humour and romanticism, that'll be fine...

So it doesn't play at home, but almost daily in my car stereo - loud - on my way to work.  I also often have it on headphones in my little office at home when I'm working -  the only way to get a whole show in...
Time has changed a lot of things, but we compromise alot

heixiao

My girlffriend is not a fan of The Cure, she didn't know them before to meet me, i don't force her to love the band as much as i do but she loves talking about music... and that's great. I have already shown her the trilogy concert, she likes the "calm" songs (especially Disintegration) but i don't expect from her to fall in love with songs like 100 years, The kiss, The figurehead... .
I remember last year she burnt a record for herself and one of the songs was "this is a lie" so that's a good point (of course i would have prefered she put "End" or "The kiss"  :wink: ).

And i'm sure, the next time The Cure will come in France, she will join me and my friends because she is curious to see the band that all of us love...

So that's cool...  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

Tristan Berlin

I think my girlfiend was very impressed by my music and the cure. She liked the kind of music and that i didn't hear all that average stuff.
So I gave her some tapes and discs and she liked it, too. So we moved together to the Concert in Hamburg 2002 and thats my lovliest memory...because we are not together anymore. She left me last year...a tragedy. Her favourite song was "trust" and allways when I hear this song I have to think of her and it makes me sad. Well, my baby left but the cure stayed.  :cry:

lorretine

The Cure always stays...

I've begun listening to the Cure thanks to my boyfriend. He is a great fan of the band and "infected" me with this music many years ago.
Our relationship has ended but the Cure is still very important in my life.
Fortunately (or unfortunately) almost every song brings me many beautiful memories. Sometimes we were lying several hours and without any word listening to the albums, concerts, etcetera. It was wonderful.
Now, I can't imagine my life with a person who doesn't like Cure... but it's a very difficult condition  :wink:

CureWhispers

:) My husband use to be a fan of The Cure when he was younger, but he's kind of changed his taste in music over the years and so now he is I'm sad to say no longer a fan. I like my music and he likes his, we just learn to deal with it! LOL!!! He does say that I'm obsessed though, and he says that he thinks I love The Cure more than him sometimes! HaHa!!! It's a tie for first I say!!! LOL!!!  :D

Beesley Wytchboy

My Gf likes Plainsong and TEOTW but she says most of the time Bob's "Singing" grates on her.....but then again she listens to James Blunt so no matter how much I love her we'll never agree on music!

I often use Disentergration or Bloodflowers as mood music for the evening when she comes round and light some candles..............it helps things get very romantic and soppy!

Luke x :P
You're Walking a thin line between here and out of control

DontMoove

my wife doesn"t like a lot of Cure's song...she prefers U2 simple minds and sting... so we had to manage what we listen and when...but i have my room and i can play/listen my music loud !!!!
JP

Lady

We're lucky because me and my boyfriend (disintegration) are both fans of the cure!! :-D
I think it's an amazing thing to share a musical passion with your partner: we talk very much about them, listen to their music together,collect bootlegs,vinyls,images... :smth001

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

disintegration

Quote from: Lady on March 30, 2007, 15:24:56
We're lucky because me and my boyfriend (disintegration) are both fans of the cure!! :-D
I think it's an amazing thing to share a musical passion with your partner: we talk very much about them, listen to their music together,collect bootlegs,vinyls,images... :smth001

:smth060 :smth058 :rocker
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

splitmilk34

My girlfriend has never had an issue with me playing the Cure, which I do often - even when I'm blasting the Trilogy DVD.  I am fortunate enough to have a girlfriend who truly enjoys music, though, and likes a lot of Cure songs.  We are constantly talking about music (or at least I am), especially considering I write/record/play music.
You shouldn't have any worries about moving in with her - if she's supportive and cares for you, she won't make you give up your favorite band.
"... sleeping less every night"

Sussex

My GF :smth060 and i doesnt share the same interest when it comes to Music. But she always feel that it is ok for me to be such hardcore fan of The Cure. I dont expect her to be such curefans though..

But..she was really exited when i asked her to listen to Love Song..Plus i did said that the song was a gift from Robert to her wife during their weding..She was suprised! :-D

Maybe i can slowly bring her into Cure music..It just a matter of time..Hope so!!
"Thick As Shit"

Aarna

Luckily enough, both my fiance and I love The Cure. So that's not a problem. :-D Music is a big part of my life and I don't think I'd be very interested in someone in the first place if we don't share similar tastes.
[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0694e17544.jpg[/img]
www.eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com

Carnage Visor

:( *sniff* if I had a girlfriend, I hope she'd like The Cure like I do...  :cry:

Aarna

If she wouldn't, it only means she's not the right one for you :-D
[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0694e17544.jpg[/img]
www.eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com