Hi. I'm Natasha

Started by zyxibule, May 04, 2007, 14:55:19

Previous topic - Next topic

zyxibule

Hi. I'm Natasha, 16 from Melbourne, Australia. I've only been a Cure fan for roughly a year now (not very long :oops:) and got into them after I was staying at my friend's place and heard his mum playing the Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me album which I immediately fell in love with.
<i>No one will ever take your place, so in love with you.</i>

Steve

Hi Natasha.
Welcome along.
KMKMKM is not a bad one to start with & it's not how long you've been into them that's important, it's the fact that they have caused you to search for other people who share your interest in them I suppose.

Happy posting.

Steve
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Janko

SO, THE CURE BECAME THE MUSIC FOR HOUSEWIVES...

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on May 04, 2007, 23:17:34
SO, THE CURE BECAME THE MUSIC FOR HOUSEWIVES...

yes the cure must be have "become" horrible music, if even housewifes can like it these days.
it was meant only for nuclear phycisians, brain surgeons, space shuttle engineers and the likes.
this simply won't do! the record stores personel should really start asking for buyers' profession before they sell them any cure albums!

welcome aboard for new members!  :smth001
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Bloodflower

There was some reason I hadn't posted in this thread. But, to save my life, I can't remember what it was....

So, I'm Tyler. At sixteen, I'm a young pup. I live in California in the US, in a town adjacent to a city of a little under 100,000. I'm about 120 miles or so up the coast from Los Angeles. I hate it here. Far too much sun.

I got into The Cure about three years ago, having heard them mostly through what was at the time a good radio station here in town. Boys Don't Cry and Just Like Heaven were played pretty frequently, and when The End of the World came out in '04, I was hooked. I didn't get my first Cure CD(s, as it is) until summer '05, when I had managed to scrape together some money. I bought Staring at the Sea and Galore on the same day. Pretty good introduction to the band, I think.

I was absolutely in love with the band at that point, but it took me about six months or so to get another CD from them. I came across a used music store in town and picked up a CD copy of Wish for $5.00. I thought it was brilliant, save a song or two (I wasn't a fan of Wendy Time and, at the time, End, though I've learned to love the latter).

I borrowed my Physics teacher's copy of Wild Mood Swings a month or two later and was a little disappointed. Wasn't as good as Wish. But still, songs like Want, This is a Lie, Jupiter Crash, Gone!, Numb, Treasure, and Bare, it was still one of the better CDs I owned. I was a bit put-off by the band, though, and it took a few months for me to get Disintegration, which opened the floodgates. I procured most of the band's discography within a few weeks after that. When I got Join the Dots and Mixed Up a few months later, my collection was essentially complete.

Found Curefans in... September of 2006? August? Something like that. Love it here, at any rate.

Non-Cure significant things: I've been writing fiction fairly seriously since August '05.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Janko

Quote from: Bloodflower on May 05, 2007, 20:11:01

I borrowed my Physics teacher's copy of Wild Mood Swings ...

THERE!

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on May 05, 2007, 21:12:10
Quote from: Bloodflower on May 05, 2007, 20:11:01

I borrowed my Physics teacher's copy of Wild Mood Swings ...

THERE!

damn that's right. :shock:
now i'm confused.  :smth017

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine