love the cure forever and ever

Started by FarFar, September 24, 2007, 05:56:55

Previous topic - Next topic

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 25, 2007, 09:43:44

well, if all really interesting cure things are thoroughly dicussed and over... i think the question would be then "why do we even keep this place running?" right?
ok come on, i mean the cure just can't be somehow "fully discussed through" and over! if it were it would mean it's just a totally shit nonimportant band like backstreet boys or something.
yes i've nothing against people getting know each other. i was just talking about the blaance of things - the balance isn't ideal if people have nothing to say about the cure but only feel the need to chat. again, why would the forum be here then if there's nothing left to say about this band? sounds alarming to me. and another view on it could be: surely off-topic threads are a great way chat but there are also chat lines, myspace, mfc, things like that. so all i meant was that not everything out here on internet somehow has to be a 24/7 chat line.

Sorry I said anything..... :(

japanesebaby

i didn't mean to post something in a shutup-ish way. so no need to be sorry instantly.
yet yes i do admit that i am genuinely starting to think there's something to discuss and consider here.

as those of us who've been here for a longer time do know, this forum is known to have taken even somewhat radical turns in the past and things like that always caused some storms of course. yet i think it was always done in order to maintain a certain kind of direction of its own here, a certain kind of honesty i'd dare to say. instead of just going with the flow/doing what most other boards do - just because "that's what all other boards do". so in all, i was just challenging that way of thinking in general, nothing more. nothing personal was involved of course.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on September 25, 2007, 09:18:26
Quote from: japanesebaby on September 25, 2007, 09:15:44
one other place which name i'm not going to mention(...)

Hope you're not talking about Beach Of Stone. :(  That's actually my favorite Cure foum.

Not, Marika means some other forum :). About "Beach of Stone", never hear about :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

slit-the-cats-like-cheese

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 25, 2007, 00:50:17
It's cool if you don't like it, just don't criticize...go to a different board and enjoy! There's always someone to talk to here, it seems.

Sorry please to udnerstand it: I not want to go to another forum because other forum is bad and always they have this uninterest of postings too much! Nothing is to learn and find, most forum is complet boring place. very worse forum is official forum, also most else is bad. Personal I prefer to like a cureforums where people is serious and they have thing to say of music and not to only talk about themself only and not to only chat non-music things. This is where it's interest of things and is why to spend any time in it. To talking about themself and talking about personal things, for it can people send pm too, why not?
I hope Curefan stay this a good forum with interest topics about Cure to learn and read for a fan!
Is my hope and is reason I post to it.

thanks.

ROGUE

I cant be bothered reading two pages, of this, either, at the moment..

I just noticed Cats and wanted to say hello, Sometimes threds like this one could be a poll instead, But then again obviously we all do love the Cure, or we wouldnt be here, no big debate needed,.

Anyway dont go else where, Iam happy See you here  :smth006  ,  and yes know you briefly from another place, but what i appreciate is how you are honest and kind.

EDIT* *   It seems that Cats thought (if you read her post above) that someone was telling her to go to a different 'Forum' all together-  thats what i think she may have thought- and that is what i read, when i replied, because i dont like that someone will feel unwanted, or be pushed away- I hope she didnt feel like that.  :cry:

ANOTHER EDIT * * reason iam saying this, is because i can be sensitive when i comes to the internet, And sometimes things can be taken to heart- whether you want to or not.  And Iam sure most  sensitive natured people would understand that.

Nitee Nite everyone ~ hope to see you all next time 

silversand

Is it so wrong to talk about non-cure things in the off-topic thread?
Okay, there maybe some threads they're not so good.
What should we talk about in the off-topic thread? Not about so called personal things like e.g.
what film someone like, which books someone read etc. ?
I think it's good to know the other members of a forum a little bit.
To the hold the balance between not so good threads and good threads are maybe sometimes not easy.
For me the most important thing is to talk about The Cure with other Fans.
I mean what they think of the music, lyrics, how they find the concert etc.

I've visited the official message board, i don't know how many times, maybe three times
and i have to say i don't like it, because the atmosphere is not my cup of tea.
I think most posts are how great Robert is and how they love him and maybe if you criticise it, than you are a bad person. Or am i wrong???

I like forums where no-one gets offened or things like that. Where your opinion will be respected and
you can discuss things realistic.

And i think on this forum it is the case, and that's why i like this forum :)

In the end i hope it comes out right what i wanted to say :)

Quote from: ROGUE on September 25, 2007, 20:24:22
EDIT* *   It seems that Cats thought (if you read her post above) that someone was telling her to go to a different 'Forum' all together-  thats what i think she may have thought- and that is what i read, when i replied, because i dont like that someone will feel unwanted, or be pushed away- I hope she didnt feel like that.  :cry:

Yes i feel this a contradict because I just have saying that I like this forum because it be different than other (chat) Cureforum, and then some person tell me "hey go to find some other forum" = This is a contradict because I already say this all other forum is not interest at all! Very little interest forum about the Cure in web today. This is few. 
what I try saying: I hope this forum also not become only another one of chat forum, like most other cure forum is!
like silversand say, let hope it not to start become one I love Cure I love Robert forum too!
Sorry my english.

thanks.

(Rogue thanks but sorry maybe confuse me with another person. I am definite not girl jejeje. ;))

ROGUE

But they didnt say go find another 'forum' - They said go to another  "'board '' Within HERE-  like another thred section -"music section"- if you wanna talk music, etc - within  here,  Curefans.   :smth023

They didnt say go to another forum at all .    Thats what i have BEEN  trying  to  say,!! all along. .  thats all.  :D  -(also via my personal message to you)

.....and yes I must be the one thats mixed up  :lol: with eeerm someone else...  ok ~giggles ~

Enjoy either way good to see you still here.

This is so confusing trying to read it back today - So i am not going to, i read it last night, and understand how it went. - but definately got more confusing than necessary- what the ?
So a board is different from a forum.   There are many boards within this forum, so if you dont like this thred, read the music section of this site- A suggestion similar to the one made last night.

ENJOY EVERYONE, and yes I do love The Cure and the music.

Carnage Visor

I don't see anything wrong with stupid threads, but to call them "STUPID" is a bit insulting to the thread starter. Maybe re-word that?

I know, I sometimes start threads unrelated to The Cure, but it's also a good way to share things in common...and trust me, nobody in my real life listens or has discussions like they do here...it's very good to have these kinds of discussions for our mental health!

I think had it not been for message boards or the internet, I would have already slit my wrists and killed myself. No, I am not kidding.

I will not be returning to this thread (yes I will, but only if I get mentioned again and need to defend myself) so, bye.

ROGUE

who said stupid ? doesnt matter anyway, forget i asked, just couldnt find that word - maybe it been changed already ??

And i like chit-chat, i spend alot of time on this side of the site, just small talk, etc.

I like it too when people go off topic and come up with something more interesting, Its the way you look at things i suppose, . . . . Witnessing the birth of a new topic- I love it,
and think that idiot with the Robert doll is so stupid- But funny how it took over another thred. Birth of ugly smelly foot doll thred.  :lol:

Hope you all good when you read this.

Anyway back to looking at The Cure live on youtube.   :smth084  and sushi night- yumski

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 26, 2007, 21:52:56
I don't see anything wrong with stupid threads, but to call them "STUPID" is a bit insulting to the thread starter. Maybe re-word that?

I will not be returning to this thread (yes I will, but only if I get mentioned again and need to defend myself) so, bye.

Sorry guy I never say anyone stupid too. I not use this words of somebody here. i never have call a person stupid here.
In my post I only wondering why some person want to tell me to go to other board. but Maybe i misunderstanding this wording (like ROGUE say). but Sorry my enlish is not the best!!

Very sorry I not full understand why some times people always take all so personal and say like "I need defend myself" when it is only some conversation about something on the forum and especial when the conversation matter is important to discussing it! Why someone need to defend himselves for som thing here? Becaus we talk about the things here on boards and not somebody personality! why make big issue of any personality here? maybe people want some attention this way. But I think in this thread I only want start talk about this thing and not of persons.

My very apologizes but I not understand why people who could be insulted in it which was written.

thanks.

ROGUE

No dont appologise, maybe someone else said that word, but i knew you didnt. I think alot of us can be sensitive and take things the wrong way, -I know i do sometimes. There is no right or wrong, Just good people who share something incommon.
I think there has been a misunderstanding, and its hard sometimes, when we can not talk face to face.

Noone means any harm - just a misunderstanding,  No appologise for anyone- I think - Just enjoy,

Find a topic you are interested in, here and have fun.

Your English is good, but there are also other language sections within here, and if you want to ask moderators, send them a message, they are very helpful.

So everyone lets not worry about it, There is bigger things and better things to worry about,  *** like finding a bigger picture of Robert in leather pants.

:D