Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

April 7th - The Jazz Cafe - London, UK
April 17th - Whelans - Dublin, Ireland

http://www.cranes-fan.com/tour/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Would love to see them again, saw them in '92 with Cure and on their own in 1994 (Stuttgart) and again with Cure in 2002 (Hyde Park). Unfortunately another gig in Stuttgart a couple of years ago had to be cancelled, so I'm still waiting for a chance...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

othervoices

My favorite cure support... awesome live.

japanesebaby

Quote from: othervoices on April 16, 2010, 12:05:30
My favorite cure support... awesome live.

and perhaps my least favorite cure support. ;)
thankfully they have no supports (any supports) anymore.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 16, 2010, 21:30:42

Huh? Where have you been in 2008?  :?
Unfortunately I missed the support due to a traffic jam, but I heard they were supported by 65 Days Of Static on tour in 2008 (the most recent tour as far as I know)!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Ulrich on April 17, 2010, 09:19:32
Quote from: japanesebaby on April 16, 2010, 21:30:42

Huh? Where have you been in 2008?  :?
Unfortunately I missed the support due to a traffic jam, but I heard they were supported by 65 Days Of Static on tour in 2008 (the most recent tour as far as I know)!

lol yeah say no more - actually i was supposed to write "hopefully" instead of "unfortunately". :-P
meant to say i'd rather see the cure without any supports, any supports.

65dos is an ok band and i saw them opening for the cure several times in 2008, but i'd rather see them in a smaller venue playing their own show than supporting someone in a big arena. the cure doesn't need support bands, imo. just my opinion. :)

about cranes, i know many people like them a lot and consider them as the "official" support band for the cure. i can't help it that i always found them pretty boring and i absolutely can't stand the singer voice, pretending to sound like a three-year old. for me it's just plain annoying and really fake. again, just my opinion.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

othervoices

about cranes, i know many people like them a lot and consider them as the "official" support band for the cure. i can't help it that i always found them pretty boring and i absolutely can't stand the singer voice, pretending to sound like a three-year old. for me it's just plain annoying and really fake. again, just my opinion.

- did you not see them in '92 as the wish tour support? Their set was very short & powerful!