Started by Tof, August 29, 2007, 00:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Tof

"EUROPEAN DATES WILL RUN FROM FEBRUARY 9TH TO MARCH 20TH"

ONE LAST TIME... AGAIN!

8/28/2007 1:02:16 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

TO THE BAND
8/28/2007 11:45:56 AM - by nacl.9
...i was so happy to heard that your come back to montreal after 10 years and now i'm so afraid you could cancel everything just because some unhappy people who can't just understand that this is not a TRAGEDY!

DON'T WORRY
WE WILL BE RE-SCHEDULING ALL THE 2007 USA/CANADIAN DATES

ALL OF THEM

IN FACT
AS THE SPRING 2008 ROUTING IS HAVING TO CHANGE DUE TO VENUE AVAILABILITIES IT IS VERY LIKELY WE WILL ACTUALLY ADD IN A COUPLE MORE SHOWS...

(AND WHERE WILL THAT LEAVE THE 'NO NO NO THEY CANCELLED THEY DIDNT POSTPONE AND THEY HAD TO DO IT BECAUSE THEY DIDNT SELL ANY TICKETS' BLOCKHEAD FACTION I WONDER?!!)

LOVE
RSX
PS
EUROPEAN DATES WILL RUN FROM FEBRUARY 9TH TO MARCH 20TH... FULL DETAILS HERE SOON

MOST LIKELY AT THE SAME TIME AS THE RE-SCHEDULED NORTH AMERICAN DATES ANNOUNCEMENT...

WE ALREADY HAVE QUITE A FEW RE-SCHEDULED DATES LOCKED DOWN, BUT AS I ALREADY SAID
ONE OR TWO ARE PROVING TRICKY...

WE ARE GETTING THERE!

PPS
2 HOURS AT DOWNLOAD I THINK... I WILL CONFIRM IN A WHILE...
Tof

Tof

David, Caley, Is it possible to have a pull over for the European tour !!!

:lol:
Tof

japanesebaby

Quote from: Tof on August 29, 2007, 00:48:01

damn - not a very good time for me. i was really hoping for a month later or so. :?

IN FACT
AS THE SPRING 2008 ROUTING IS HAVING TO CHANGE DUE TO VENUE AVAILABILITIES IT IS VERY LIKELY WE WILL ACTUALLY ADD IN A COUPLE MORE SHOWS...

(AND WHERE WILL THAT LEAVE THE 'NO NO NO THEY CANCELLED THEY DIDNT POSTPONE AND THEY HAD TO DO IT BECAUSE THEY DIDNT SELL ANY TICKETS' BLOCKHEAD FACTION I WONDER?!!)

blahblahblah i'm sorry but sometimes he sounds like he's the leader of some blockhead faction himself.
his current 'f*ck off fans!' style reminds me of all those "big boys" back at school who bullied everyone else just because they were one year older or something.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

His attitude might suck Marika, but I read some of the stuff coming from the "fans" after "the announcement" & they were rather hostile. Actually, correction, they were down right rude :?
He's only human & I think I would have had a similar reaction TBH.
In any case, posting text is a little cold, so how it's going to be interpreted is anyone's guess I suppose.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

japanesebaby

Quote from: Steve on August 29, 2007, 11:07:28
His attitude might suck Marika, but I read some of the stuff coming from the "fans" after "the announcement" & they were rather hostile. Actually, correction, they were down right rude :?
In any case, posting text is a little cold, so how it's going to be interpreted is anyone's guess I suppose.

well, maybe you're right then...
but the way he writes these days, even if he were just responding to those few hostile people, since his posts are general announcements he still makes himself sound like he's saying all that crap to everyone. it makes me feel bad about him because to me he's still starting to sound like he's telling all his older fans to piss off and only likes those silly teenager girls who posts all those idreamaboutyoueverynightrobert posts on the official site.
i mean, if he keeps up a message board at his own site and announces bad news like this, he has to be prepared for a load of shit posts to come. if he can't take it, then maybe he should have locked that topic so no responses couldn't be posted.

and most of all, for anyone like him who's been in the business as long enough as he has, i would expect anyone like him to have common sense for not even bothering about that kind of posts. yes he's a human being too but the fact that he bothers and takes then so personally that he feels the need to turn into some kind "f*ck off fans" machine in public, that makes me really uneasy and a bit disappointed about him.
because really, he shouldn't need to even bother about all that shit.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

Good point.
If you're going to go public, then you have to expect some sort of provocation at times.
What I admire is the fact that he actually has the balls to announce these things himself, rather than getting a corporate skivvy to do it.
I'm an old cynic & you know my opinion on album delays/ non appearances (ahem...... SOM :roll:)
I have seen the recent setlists & heard 2 of the shows so far & TBH, it's same old, same old.
Maybe as a result of not having finished the LP & not being able to give 1000% to the live shows. Who knows?
I want to have the Cure on top of their game & to see them & be impressed as I always have been in the past at Cure shows.
It may never happen, but I'm prepared to hang on a little bit to find out.
Cheers
Steve

B-Flower

I hope what he'saying about European date IS true....  :?
How time will heal, make me forget?!
YOU PROMISED ME!!!

Lady

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! :smth042
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

rjl

So that means the album will be done* by then, right?

:?

* = (recorded, mixed, mastered... not necessarily released)

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 29, 2007, 10:49:53
damn - not a very good time for me. i was really hoping for a month later or so. :?

Me too. I was expecnting something like april/may next year. Anyway, I was planning to travel by the first week of March. Looks like I'll have to come earlier. We will see.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Steve

Quote from: rjl on August 29, 2007, 18:41:35

So that means the album will be done* by then, right?

:?

* = (recorded, mixed, mastered... not necessarily released)

You should count yourself lucky that there is an lp at all.
In 2001 Bob was going to jack it all in & do some solo stuff.
I have been waiting for an lp from a band who will remain namelens (ahem SOM :evil:) for 17 years (& one that isn't just a Bon Jovi record).
You want something good, then be patient.
The more Bob has to field crap about this the less time he has to devote to the album.
Cheers
Steve

dsanchez

Where do you think the band is going to start the european tour, and where to finnish?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rjl

Quote from: Steve on August 29, 2007, 18:55:45
You should count yourself lucky that there is an lp at all.
In 2001 Bob was going to jack it all in & do some solo stuff.
I have been waiting for an lp from a band who will remain namelens (ahem SOM :evil:) for 17 years (& one that isn't just a Bon Jovi record).
You want something good, then be patient.
The more Bob has to field crap about this the less time he has to devote to the album.

Oh, I'm still interested in hearing it (of course!), and if that's the reason for the postponement, then that's the reason. I was just looking to the Euro. dates as a possible indication that Robert & co. are confident that the time-off in the autumn/winter months will result in a finished album.

I understand that there is no rushing art, but part of me will be a tiny bit perturbed if the album isn't done, and Euro. dates are not cancelled. Not that I want them to be, mind you.

closedown

Quote from: dsanchez on August 29, 2007, 18:56:25
Where do you think the band is going to start the european tour, and where to finnish?

weather-wise it would probably make sense to start in Spain. seeing the time-frame, I could imagine the tour being a bit similar to the Dream Tour, hope they don't go for the odd + lame possibility to finish it in London...
and, is it just me or can some other smell the festivals in summer thing as well? kind of a substitute to countries where they won't do that many shows or no show at all in the winter-segment of the tour?!

closedown

Quote from: Steve on August 29, 2007, 11:07:28

well, I said a lot of things alerady, but to be honest, what does he expect? I mean, he cancels a tour out of the blue cause he is not in the mood for it (the blabla about the album is nothing else for me), fine - but does he really expect people to jump high in the air when they possible lost 1000 bucks or whatever on the tour and say, Robert, ah, we don't mind, when is the rescheduled gigs + maybe if you are in the mood turn up for it + we can't await to pay for all of it again?
the godlike attitude of some 'fans' (to stay in the master's style) is really questionable, but do whatever Robert tells you, he is the best, the only one, the untouchable + make sure to say that at least 25 times a day to him...

and by the way, how deep can one get to just say fans for him are just people who (track 18 of the EU edition of Greatest Hits) to everything he does + if you don't like every single thing, make sure to f*ck off (but, ahem, maybe consider buying some more tickets for the shows + not turn up to not ruin the mood with a critical remark during/after the show)...